[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The offical Black Monday NFL firings thread

Wolverines Fan

So far,

San Francisco 49ers - Jim Harbaugh and the team have "parted ways" whatever that means.

Chicago Bears - GM Phil Emery, Marc Trestman, oc Aaron Kromer all fired.

New York Jets - Head coach Rex Ryan and GM John Idzik both fired.

Atlanta Falcons - Head coach Mike Smith fired.

Buffalo Bills - Doug Marrone opted out of his contract

What else?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

You sound surprised, curious which of them you hadn't already heard strong rumors of them being gone.

Somewhat surprised. Strong or not they were still rumors. The Harbaugh thing was pretty much established but I was curious to see if the Bears actually axed the entire triumvirate.

And for the most part, it's just bigger names all going off the board from the word go. Some storied programs there making wholesale changes.

I'd actually love Rex Ryan in Chicago. We need defense.

I hope none of you actually believe Rex is going to take a co-ordinator job. Cause he ain't.

The Giants job is perfect for him. He can run the defense for one year and then step into Coughlin HC job after 2015. He has a OC in McAdoo and enough weapons on offense FINALLY so he can leave it alone and concentrate on defense.

I am not a Jets fan but I do think Ryan is a really good coach and all his players really like playing for him. In a stable organization like the Giants he could really excel.

If you are Ryan, would you rather be a DC for a year and then HC for the Giants or go coach the Raiders for two years and get fired?

• Like 1

I'd rather have the TV gig too. And I think he would do well there.

It is most likely a pipe dream. The Giants as an organization usually go the more subdued type for their coaching staff.

Despite last weeks announcement, I still was hoping Stephen Ross would have a change of heart and fire Philbin.

The way the MIke Wallace thing was handled (plus other issues) he should be fired.

I remember anticipating the Trestman news conference when he was hired. I really liked him at the time and I still do. He won't be unemployed long.

Offensive coordinator somewhere is my guess, or maybe back to the CFL. Not sure he'll quickly get another HC job. The past pattern in the NFL is HC that only last 1-2 years in their first gig rarely get another HC job immediately.

I'd rather have the TV gig too. And I think he would do well there.

Oh dear God, please don't make me listen to Rex's thoughts on offenses. The only way that man knows how to score is by watching the ladies in a shoe store.

I remember anticipating the Trestman news conference when he was hired. I really liked him at the time and I still do. He won't be unemployed long.

He sucks as a coach. He will never be a head coach again, but will likely be an OC somewhere, for some reason. His gameplans were amateur evening.

As a die hat Giants fan , I think the world of Tom Coughlin and what he helped the Giants accomplish with 2 sb titles but I really wish he would have stepped down now . Giants need a new voice in that Locker room IMHO and new blood at the top

That is EXACTLY what they said about Coughlin here in Jacksonville... how'd that work out???

Coughlin is a great coach, there is only so much you can do with a team that lacks talent in as many areas as the Giants. Y'all are crazy if you fire the future hall of fame coach. It is the entire personnel department that should go.