[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ndamukong Suh suspended for wild card round

Wolverines Fan

I doubt he wins the appeal. Look at all the press the NFL is pushing against domestic violence. His intent was intentional, because he didn't turn around and apologize because he didn't mean to do it. He'll be a Raider next year. Kinda effed for the Lions. Stafford is an insane 0-16 on the road against winning teams. That's one big evil monkey on your back.. he's a lame duck if the defense doesn't carry them.

He made his bed, now he has to lay in it ... when you are consistently a Dill Josh Gordon bag you get no benefit of the doubt on that one occasion where you might not have been. You know ... the whole "boy who cried wolf" thing.

I agree, but I am sure it was intentional. It looks premeditated and he does it twice! And where can I score a bag of Dill Josh Gordon?

Whatever, I knew the responses would be that way. Everybody hates the guy so its easy to just assume he knew he was stepping on him and stepped on him a second time. Must have eyes in the back of his head to have such great aim.

If he can't feel a human leg under his foot then he is either dead or doped way up on something.

If he can't feel a human leg under his foot then he is either dead or doped way up on something.

Or has his foot/leg heavily taped up, or has stepped on large divits of grass/dirt on the field all day, or..... Doped up, not NFL players....

I get it, virtually nobody wants to be objective about this, they hate Suh and will say anything he does that is even close is dirty. Hopefully those hearing his appeal can be more objective.

Or has his foot/leg heavily taped up, or has stepped on large divits of grass/dirt on the field all day, or..... Doped up, not NFL players....

I get it, virtually nobody wants to be objective about this, they hate Suh and will say anything he does that is even close is dirty. Hopefully those hearing his appeal can be more objective.

:rofl:

LOL ... yea I can see how stepping on "large divits of grass/dirt on the field all day" might confuse him when he steps on Aaron's leg.

I don't think objectivity is the issue here.

1. Does he have a long track record of similar behavior. Yup.

2. Do we have video evidence of him stepping on Aaron's leg, twice. Yup.

3. Was there any visual evidence that it was not intentional. Nope.

4. Was there any visual evidence that he was remorseful for it (like you would expect if it was not intentional). Nope.

I fail to see why you think he deserves the benefit of a doubt? What has he done in the past that earns him the benefit of a doubt? Even if this was a first time occurrence for him I do not believe I would be giving him the benefit of a doubt as it looked 100% intentional to me ... his track record only solidifies my believe that it was intentional.

Or has his foot/leg heavily taped up, or has stepped on large divits of grass/dirt on the field all day

:lol:

Surely you jest.

I like the Lions...objectivity is not the issue. It was obvious that he was trying to hurt Rogers. Dude is a dirty player. Just calling a spade a spade.

I think I heard this was his 9th infraction. If the NFL was really serious about modifying his behavior they would have allowed the suspension to stand. Being suspended during a playoff game would not only be more impactful to him but it would have a more meaningful impact on the Detroit front office and coaching staff. He is not going to change his behavior unless his team requires it of him because of a severe negative impact to the team when it counts the most ... like in the playoffs.

• Like 2

They should have suspended him for 2 games. I don't have the inclination to research, but I'm guessing he's had multiple game suspensions in the past? Maybe not. Even if he didn't, the fact that he's a repeat offender should have prompted the league to suspend him for 2. Then they could have bargained down to the 1 game. Stupid.

Edited by darin3

c'mon man.

Go downstairs, throw a bunch of kid's toys on the floor, turn around and take a couple of steps back. What's the first thing you do when you hit something you didn't expect? Reach back, so as to catch yourself in a fall? Lift your foot up immediately and do a quick bunny hop, looking backward for a safe place to plant your foot? Suh's reaction was in no way one of a guy that didn't know what he was doing.

If you look at the video in slow motion, you can actually make out that he hip-checked Rodgers toward the end of it, and could see him going down out of the corner of his eye, so he definitely knew he was there.

Not surprised at all ...

Exactly. The NFL is a joke. All they wanted was plausible deniability which they got with their initial ruling. "Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we are serious about player safety and have done what we could to enforce it. See all the suspensions we laid out? Go blame the guy reducing them if you believe they didn't hold enough threat."

• Like 1

He won the appeal, the NFL was wrong. They overreached trying to send a message, and failed.

He gets to play and that is all that matters.

I saw a lot of talk in this thread about Suh not deserving the benefit of the doubt. But here's what I ask... If a no-name player stepped on an average QB in this manner, where there was no stomping and the defender wasn't looking where he stepped, would that player have been flagged with no fine, fined, or suspended? I think we all know that Suh is a dirty player, but the point I'm making is that the punishment should be consistent. The NFL knee-jerk reacted as usual, then had a chance to rectify their decision when Suh appealed. Take the players in question out of this scenario, and you have to admit that suspension from a playoff game for this incident is a bit much. I would also argue that a $70k fine is most definitely not Suh being treated just like anyone else (or being given the benefit of the doubt). Fines for these kinds of plays are typically more in the $10-$25k range IIRC.

And FWIW, it looks pretty terrible when you suspend Raiola for one game for a clear STOMP on another player and give a harsher punishment (because it was a playoff game) for stepping backward onto someone. Even if we knew the intent with 100% certainty, stepping on someone is not the same as stomping on them. All of this is just another black mark on the NFL's laughable discipline roulette wheel.

• Like 1