[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quit Distracting Adam Gase!

BA Baracus

There should be league rule that prevents teams contacting coaches of playoff teams until they are eliminated.

Broncos ought to deny permission, but then they look like a draconian bunch of dicks.

Just annoying that this honda can't wait till the offseason.

• Like 2

so there's not enough time between the sb and march 1st to conduct a few interviews and hire a coach? Gimme a break...

Depends on the situation, but roughly 3 weeks before the deadline might be a little rushed depending on if the front office is being completely restructered (need search time for GMs and others), the number of teams HC shopping (didn't we just have around 10 couple years ago), and the number of assistant coaches they need to hire once any of the applicable previous two are in place.

Depends on the situation, but roughly 3 weeks before the deadline might be a little rushed depending on if the front office is being completely restructered (need search time for GMs and others), the number of teams HC shopping (didn't we just have around 10 couple years ago), and the number of assistant coaches they need to hire once any of the applicable previous two are in place.

not buying it. The list is made and the interviews could be conducted in a few days..we have planes now..

not buying it. The list is made and the interviews could be conducted in a few days..we have planes now..

Exactly.

To disrupt playoff preparation with interviews to avoid a 3 week time crunch is crapola.

I think you guys are getting upset with the wrong people here. The fact the NFL allows this is not the problem....Maybe you should be taking issue with the guys that are agreeing to it?? Just a thought.

The thing is tho, if they don't agree to it they will miss the opportunity. Getting mad at the coaches and teams is hating the player when it's the game that's the problem.

I think you guys are getting upset with the wrong people here. The fact the NFL allows this is not the problem....Maybe you should be taking issue with the guys that are agreeing to it?? Just a thought.

Agree completely, last year Gase refused the interviews, he didn't want to be distracted. Maybe he thinks he missed some good opportunities last year by not taking interviews and doesn't want to risk that this year. Most teams hring a new coach don't want to wait until after the SB is over. I recall the Browns were waiting on Gase and/or an assistant from Seattle (Quinn) but hired Pettine the week before the SB. Ok, re-reading some info Gase pulled out of consideration for CLE job, and Quinn was expected to meet with them the week they hired Pettine (was Thu 1/23).

Only teams with a buy are allowed to interview during the first week, otherwise you can only interview teams that have been excluded from the playoffs. I think that is pretty fair.

Agree completely, last year Gase refused the interviews, he didn't want to be distracted. Maybe he thinks he missed some good opportunities last year by not taking interviews and doesn't want to risk that this year. Most teams hring a new coach don't want to wait until after the SB is over.

You have perfectly and correctly argued for why the NFL needs to put the entire choach hiring process on hold until after the SB.

This stupid computer won't let me quote. So frustrating. So yea, BA, I'd agree. The only way to be fair would be to put the ENTIRE hiring process on hold. As it is, jobs will be filling up quickly and guys still in the playoffs will be shut out shortly. Meanwhile, colleges are building staffs as we speak. But IMO, it will never happen. The NFL Coaches Association would scoff at such a proposal.

Again, you guys are failing to recognize how much the College hires reflect the bargaining power of some of these candidates (John Harbough aside)

The competition from college jobs is a valid point. I have no answer to that other than the clout of an NFL job being worth the risk of waiting.

I'd say an NFL coordinator position is actually higher on the football totem pole than college HC.