[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

InTomWeTrust here's your new Sig. Enjoy

Cowboyz1

Agreed with your second paragraph. You're right I need to decide on what my complain is, I guess i really dont know what it is. Because ultimately for someone that is a Detroit Lions fan, I guess i feel for them and that city.

Please check in with the real complaint.

Please check in.

Edited by flemingd

Thanks for actually carrying a real conversation...

You have good input.

Can you reflect on the Panthers and Patriots Game last year on monday night and the bear hug fix is in ?

I don't remember that specific game, but there are other games with calls and plays that bothered me, but I'm not going to go into those because all it does is get people mad that believe that pro sports are legit through and through. Not too long ago, I got suspended from footballguys just for mentioning a fix possibility. And I hardly posted at all, but just the suggestion of it was a no-no.

Let's just say that you had actual evidence that multiple NFL games were fixed that go beyond just one game or one team like the 1919 Chicago White Sox scandal. Can you imagine how many people would be in line to shut you down and discredit you? Any notion that pro sports is not real could potentially impact the the livelihood of so many people beyond the NFL itself. If you discredited one league, then everyone would start looking at other pro leagues and college as well.

Tim Donaghy's book Blowing the Whistle: The Culture of Fraud in the NBA was pulled by publishers due to possible liability concerns meaning they were told they would be sued. Excerpts from the book had a lot of extremely interesting insight about the NBA.

At the end of the day, all pro sports are entertainment. If they are legit, then that's awesome. I have my doubts, but whether they are or not, I still find myself thoroughly entertained.

Edited by electricrelish

D: all of the above

:lol:

I mean, I quipped about the NFL "wanting" the Cowboys to do well. And to a degree there's some merit to that. I will stand by the "when the Cowboys are good, the NFL's a better place" statement.... but.... to go to these "the fix is in" lengths is beyond idiotic.

This is what I see for his sig (you might have sigs turned off in your prefs):

I'll have you all know, that my review of Tony Romo's performance was delusional yet I held something back. I see real genius in his playing out there, always have, but I can't say that in here. Because I'm afraid that everyone in this forum would see right through me, and I don't want anyone to know that I have fallen for him. Yes, I love him. I was hard on him in hopes for attention and that he, in turn, might be "Hard on me"!

I am a troll and Cowboyz1 saw right though me. I should be ignored as only my sig and avy are true reflections of myself.

Go Cowboys! Romo, I WORSHIP YOU! Beat Green Bay.

]

It's there now. And it looks wonderful. :D

ITWT might be in the record books for the fastest to 1000 posts... ever. But, if duplicate posts didn't count, he would only have about 50.

I was thinking the same thing. I think even AxeElf did not get to 1,000 that fast!!

Edited by Wpob

I don't remember that specific game, but there are other games with calls and plays that bothered me, but I'm not going to go into those because all it does is get people mad that believe that pro sports are legit through and through. Not too long ago, I got suspended from footballguys just for mentioning a fix possibility. And I hardly posted at all, but just the suggestion of it was a no-no.

Let's just say that you had actual evidence that multiple NFL games were fixed that go beyond just one game or one team like the 1919 Chicago White Sox scandal. Can you imagine how many people would be in line to shut you down and discredit you? Any notion that pro sports is not real could potentially impact the the livelihood of so many people beyond the NFL itself. If you discredited one league, then everyone would start looking at other pro leagues and college as well.

Tim Donaghy's book Blowing the Whistle: The Culture of Fraud in the NBA was pulled by publishers due to possible liability concerns meaning they were told they would be sued. Excerpts from the book had a lot of extremely interesting insight about the NBA.

At the end of the day, all pro sports are entertainment. If they are legit, then that's awesome. I have my doubts, but whether they are or not, I still find myself thoroughly entertained.

Was discussing the NBA ref scandal with a coworker in light of the call in DET-DAL game. He mentioned the book and how the guy had some very revealing things to say. I used to be naive and thought it was all legit, no fixes or other BS going on. Now I figure there is some form of it going on, whether large scale coordination by a league, or just some guy trying to get his favorite team a win. I'm stil entertained, but I don't like feeling it is possibly rigged, or at least not completely fair.

• Like 1

Darin3 - I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you here, but I am wondering what evidence you have to support the NFL is a better place when the Cowboys are good or is that just a personal opinion?

I don't know if it matters whether they are good or not, but there is no denying that they generate huge ratings. It is not an accident that they have so many primetime games every year (along with other widely distributed games). I think its a combination of their fans and their haters.

I don't know if it matters whether they are good or not, but there is no denying that they generate huge ratings. It is not an accident that they have so many primetime games every year (along with other widely distributed games). I think its a combination of their fans and their haters.

Not to mention from a merchandising standpoint. I would imagine they would sell a hell of a lot more Cowboys conference champ gear than Seattle.

Darin3 - I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you here, but I am wondering what evidence you have to support the NFL is a better place when the Cowboys are good or is that just a personal opinion?

A good bit of opinion, with backup from things I've heard in the media ... both by members of the media and NFL fans by way of various types of media.

They're called "America's Team" for a reason.

A simple Google search or two will net you plenty of results.

It goes along with the whole "don't want two smaller-market teams in the championship" thing. The Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL. You either hate them or love them, and even those that hate them generate buzz in their hatred. So yes, when the team is down, the NFL would sink a bit along with them. When they're good (and advancing in the playoffs), the NFL reaps the benefits.

Edited by darin3

The traditional way to look at which teams are the most popular is through tv ratings, tickets sold and merchandise sold. The Cowboys, regardless of record always finish in the top 10 and more times than not the top 5. A few other teams that always find their way into the top 10 on these lists are the Bears, Steelers, and Packers (it's amazing to me how far a reach the Packers have considering Green Bay has around 105,000 people living there and I live in a city that has suburbs with larger populations).

Outside of those teams the top teams will vary from year to year.

However, I can find no evidence that supports that there is any correlation for the Cowboys (or any of the above teams I mentioned) being relevant to the success of the NFL. Unless you can find actual evidence outside of "what you've heard people say" it is nothing but a myth. In fact, the NFL is the only sport that is currently "small market" proof. It does not impact their bottom line in anyway when two "small market team" battle in the Super Bowl.

The Yankee hatred is far deeper because it has been around that much longer. The Yankees were hated because of how many Championships they've won. Yankee hate is passed down from generation to generation. The Cowboys are only called "America's Team" because they made that proclamation in 1978, not because they deserved it.

If the refs (or the league) is trying to do what they can to help Dallas get in (or advance) in the playoffs they haven't been trying very hard for a looooong time

You can lead a horse to water...

;)

• Like 2

If the refs (or the league) is trying to do what they can to help Dallas get in (or advance) in the playoffs they haven't been trying very hard for a looooong time

lmao romo made it a little hard for them with all his debacles, him collapsing in the pocket the whole first half and fumbling on one didnt help much either.. get over it.

The traditional way to look at which teams are the most popular is through tv ratings, tickets sold and merchandise sold. The Cowboys, regardless of record always finish in the top 10 and more times than not the top 5. A few other teams that always find their way into the top 10 on these lists are the Bears, Steelers, and Packers (it's amazing to me how far a reach the Packers have considering Green Bay has around 105,000 people living there and I live in a city that has suburbs with larger populations).

Outside of those teams the top teams will vary from year to year.

However, I can find no evidence that supports that there is any correlation for the Cowboys (or any of the above teams I mentioned) being relevant to the success of the NFL. Unless you can find actual evidence outside of "what you've heard people say" it is nothing but a myth. In fact, the NFL is the only sport that is currently "small market" proof. It does not impact their bottom line in anyway when two "small market team" battle in the Super Bowl.

The Yankee hatred is far deeper because it has been around that much longer. The Yankees were hated because of how many Championships they've won. Yankee hate is passed down from generation to generation. The Cowboys are only called "America's Team" because they made that proclamation in 1978, not because they deserved it.

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm not the only one that thinks this. So discussion over.