[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

InTomWeTrust here's your new Sig. Enjoy

Cowboyz1

Oh well, since the discussion is over......

So I guess your New Year's resolution wasn't "need actual facts to support my opinions posted on The Huddle".

Dude, do you really want me to spend my time doing the research for you? I have far better things to do. It's my opinion, based on what I've heard in the media. You're a big boy, you can Google.

Dude, do you really want me to spend my time doing the research for you? I have far better things to do. It's my opinion, based on what I've heard in the media. You're a big boy, you can Google.

Yo D. All you have to do is go to your setting and put it on ignore unless you want to continue to admire his sig for a week. In which case, I understand.

Sorry.........My bad. :doh:

Edited by Cowboyz1

I didn't ask you to do any research, I simply asked you if it was your opinion or if it was based on actual facts. You ended up admitting it was simply your opinion which happens to be based on nothing but hearsay. You then decided to insult me as is your typical reaction whenever some one disagrees with you.

You always get your panties in a bunch when someone doesn't just take your word as gospel. I find it amusing.

• Like 1

Darin3 - I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you here, but I am wondering what evidence you have to support the NFL is a better place when the Cowboys are good or is that just a personal opinion?

Wouldn't you agree that the better a team does, the more money it generates? Revenues for teams come from a lot of different sources rather than just ticket sales & TV deals. Each team has their own sponsorships, merchandising & endorsements. Given Dallas has the largest fan base in the NFL it stands to reason that they would generate more revenue than any of the other teams. More fans = more playoff merchandise sold, more fans = better viewership, better viewership = more exposure, more exposure = more sponsors wanting to hitch their wagons to the Cowboys. All that additional money being brought in simply because it's the Cowboys in the playoffs is then distributed among the 32 teams, so all benefit more from Dallas being there. Not more individually than if it were their own team, but more from a standpoint of "if I can't make it then the best thing for me is Dallas to win because it makes me more money."

Here is a link to the Forbes article discussing the most valuable franchises. Of course Dallas tops the list, but there is also a link in there that lists all the top teams and includes the revenue they bring in individually. And, of course, a portion of those revenues are pooled & then distributed among all the teams.

Rajncajn - I'm not disagreeing with the statement necessarily. I've heard the same thing, but was simply wondering if there was anything really to it or is it just something we are so used to hearing we accept it as fact. I can find nothing that would indicate Cowboy success indicates league success in ANY way. So as far as I can tell it doesn't matter.

The Cowboys will sell regardless if they are relevant. They have been pretty much irrelevant for years yet that never impacted their bottom line or hurt their brand. It's much like the team I root for in the Bears. They've made the playoffs as often as the Raiders in the last 20-25 years yet they still remain a top team despite how poorly they have done.

I feel the NFL is so big at his point it does not matter if any one team is good or bad in any given year.

The force behind the NFL is 32 very very wealthy owners. I refuse to believe that those 32 owners have the ability to set aside their huge egos so that the revenue generating teams are advanced. Essentially you are asking me to believe that 20+ massive egomaniacs are each willing to put one or more teams ahead of the one they are personally and specifically invested in .. all in the interest of increasing the shared resources. Sorry that doesn't sound in the least bit reasonable to me. That is not the way it works ... those owners all have massive egos and they all want THEIR team to win and I expect are very willing to accept whatever negative impact that has on the NFL financial health as a whole.

The force behind the NFL is 32 very very wealthy owners. I refuse to believe that those 32 owners have the ability to set aside their huge egos so that the revenue generating teams are advanced. Essentially you are asking me to believe that 20+ massive egomaniacs are each willing to put one or more teams ahead of the one they are personally and specifically invested in .. all in the interest of increasing the shared resources. Sorry that doesn't sound in the least bit reasonable to me. That is not the way it works ... those owners all have massive egos and they all want THEIR team to win and I expect are very willing to accept whatever negative impact that has on the NFL financial health as a whole.

Just curious, who has said that seriously (not tongue in cheek, sarcasm, etc.)

Several including myself have joked about a conspiracy to get the Cowboys to a deep playoff run. Others have discussed if the league is more profitable or not when a team like the Cowboys does well. Nobody is seriously saying that a large number of owners have put aside their egos to get that to happen becaue they'll make more money.