[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys @ Green Bay.

Randall

I knew you two were gheys!

Kicking off ghey week here at the Huddle again.

Absolutely no rule change it was not a catch! He makes the catch up high...defender knocks ball loose....he comes down with the ball makes one step and hits the ground...ball comes loose. No catch, no rule review just a bunch of cowboy fans calling it the "greatest catch in playoff history"...laughable. The right call was made and the rule is sound!

I take it back he did get two feet down. The ground did cause the fumble but he did not maintain possession when falling down.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

It comes down to the fact that over the past 5 years or so we have been asked as football fans to suspend common sense and most of what we know about the game that we have been watching since we were kids. I am not arguing that the reversal was a bad call because it is consistent with the rules in place now. As a Cowboys fan , the frustration lies in the fact that what Dez did isnt a catch anymore and hasnt been for I guess 5 years now. Secure a ball, take 2-3 steps and reach for the end zone . In the real world and not the recent NFL , what Dez did is a catch and fumble. I wont argue that they made a bad call, ill be frustrated in the fact that its one of the dumbest rules in football. I have been consistent about these types of changes, I remember posting at the huddle that I dont even know what a fumble or catch is anymore. Guys make catches , take 3 steps, the ball gets popped out and we start hearing about football moves etc. What are you going to do ..This is the way the game is and we all play under the same rules

As far as the game aside from "The Play" , Rodgers just proved what is already known by anyone that knows the game. He is one of the best in the business and will go down as one of the best to play the position one day if he stays this course. I can count on 1 hand how many qbs can make that TD throw he made. First of all he had the balls to try it, then he throws a successful bullet between 2 defenders. Just one of the best , clutch throws I have ever seen a qb make. Peppers earned every penny that GB paid him yesterday. An absolutely disruptive outstanding football game played by a veteran of the game. The Murray fumble was the dagger IMO. If peppers doesn't punch that ball out , Murray could have done one handed cartwheels to the endzone.

The Cowboys left it all on the field and as a fan that is all you can ask for. I said it in the other thread that anyone thinking Dallas was going to get rolled was mistaken. Romo is as gutsy as they come . He held the ball a little longer than he should have on a few plays instead of getting rid of it but other than that he played well. That O line will be a thing of beauty to watch for many years to come if they stay together, healthy and keep their heads on straight. Murray , aside from the fumble, played a strong game. The D played an inspired game. They are just a decent D that bent until they finally broke. I am not sure what happened to Bailey. He really disappointed in the playoffs. Im proud of this team. The mentality is changing. I didnt see many instances of them choking away games this year . This year was unexpected and a great step in the right direction. Lets lock up Dez and Murray and fill those holes on D and maybe we can take it further in the near future.

Edited by whomper
  • Like 2

It comes down to the fact that over the past 5 years or so we have been asked as football fans to suspend common sense and most of what we know about the game that we have been watching since we were kids. I am not arguing that the reversal was a bad call because it is consistent with the rules in place now. As a Cowboys fan , the frustration lies in the fact that what Dez did isnt a catch anymore and hasnt been for I guess 5 years now. Secure a ball, take 2-3 steps and reach for the end zone . In the real world and not the recent NFL , what Dez did is a catch and fumble. I wont argue that they made a bad call, ill be frustrated in the fact that its one of the dumbest rules in football. I have been consistent about these types of changes, I remember posting at the huddle that I dont even know what a fumble or catch is anymore. Guys make catches , take 3 steps, the ball gets popped out and we start hearing about football moves etc. What are you going to do ..This is the way the game is and we all play under the same rules

As far as the game aside from "The Play" , Rodgers just proved what is already known by anyone that knows the game. He is one of the best in the business and will go down as one of the best to play the position one day if he stays this course. I can count on 1 hand how many qbs can make that TD throw he made. First of all he had the balls to try it, then he throws a successful bullet between 2 defenders. Just one of the best , clutch throws I have ever seen a qb make. Peppers earned every penny that GB paid him yesterday. An absolutely disruptive outstanding football game played by a veteran of the game. The Murray fumble was the dagger IMO. If peppers doesn't punch that ball out , Murray could have done one handed cartwheels to the endzone.

The Cowboys left it all on the field and as a fan that is all you can ask for. I said it in the other thread that anyone thinking Dallas was going to get rolled was mistaken. Romo is as gutsy as they come . He held the ball a little longer than he should have on a few plays instead of getting rid of it but other than that he played well. That O line will be a thing of beauty to watch for many years to come if they stay together, healthy and keep their heads on straight. Murray , aside from the fumble, played a strong game. The D played an inspired game. They are just a decent D that bent until they finally broke. I am not sure what happened to Bailey. He really disappointed in the playoffs. Im proud of this team. The mentality is changing. I didnt see many instances of them choking away games this year . This year was unexpected and a great step in the right direction. Lets lock up Dez and Murray and fill those holes on D and maybe we can take it further in the near future.

well said

Rodgers just proved what is already known by anyone that knows the game. He is one of the best in the business and will go down as one of the best to play the position one day if he stays this course. I can count on 1 hand how many qbs can make that TD throw he made. First of all he had the balls to try it, then he throws a successful bullet between 2 defenders. Just one of the best , clutch throws I have ever seen a qb make.

I was reading some postgame stuff and Rodgers was asked about throwing that ball into such a tight window; he said "it looked big when I threw the ball, but it closed up pretty fast."

For some reason, that kinda cracks me up.