[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it hate? Jealousy?

HowboutthemCowboys

The result of the game is the culmination of every single play in the game. No one can say with any certainty what would have happened in the game had the flag not been picked up. Everybody assumes that had the flag been picked up that Detroit wins the game. Isolating a single call of the game is silly ... there are missed calls both ways through out the course of the game.

I am not convinced it was PI but that is irrelevant. Picking up the flag doesn't give Detroit the win. Picking up the flag didn't give Dallas the win. More football was played after the flag was picked up - Detroit failed to execute, Dallas did not.

Very well said, but where have I said otherwise? Have I said the Lions win for sure if there was a penalty? Or that the non call gave the Cowboys the win? Nope, I didn't (if I did find it and show me). I've repeatedly said that the Lions still had a chance to win, and that the call alone did not decide the game.

My feeling is that the non call, picked up flag and ensuing crappy punt were all a big part of the loss for the Lions. I am NOT blaming that call alone, or saying that it is certain they win if they get the call (or offsetting, or flag on Dez, etc.)

I'd try to phrase it a few other ways but I don't think it will matter. I think you believe it wasn't a penalty and even if had been and was called the Lions would have still lost. You won't admit that the noncall was of any benefit to the Cowboys (like most Cowboy fans), I don't agree so you are convinced no matter I say that I believe that call was solely responsible for the Lions loss.

PS It took you far too long to ignore intoolwetrust.

Very well said, but where have I said otherwise? Have I said the Lions win for sure if there was a penalty? Or that the non call gave the Cowboys the win? Nope, I didn't (if I did find it and show me). I've repeatedly said that the Lions still had a chance to win, and that the call alone did not decide the game.

My feeling is that the non call, picked up flag and ensuing crappy punt were all a big part of the loss for the Lions. I am NOT blaming that call alone, or saying that it is certain they win if they get the call (or offsetting, or flag on Dez, etc.)

I'd try to phrase it a few other ways but I don't think it will matter. I think you believe it wasn't a penalty and even if had been and was called the Lions would have still lost. You won't admit that the noncall was of any benefit to the Cowboys (like most Cowboy fans), I don't agree so you are convinced no matter I say that I believe that call was solely responsible for the Lions loss.

PS It took you far too long to ignore intoolwetrust.

Was the noncall a "benefit"? Yes, in the same way it is a "benefit" to execute a play that picks up a 1st down. Or in the same way it is to execute on defense and sack the QB. Essentially in the same way any positive play is a benefit.

Here's my view of the situation. The pi flag that was called and then taken away should have been off setting penalties which would have resulted in a replay of 3rd down. Now would the lions have flopped and not converted on 3rd and 1? We'll never know. But it was definitely a big call that changed the situation (instead of 4th and 1 it's now 3rd and 1) as said earlier though 1 call does NOT determine a whole game, if there is more football to be played afterwards, which there was. Cowboys got a break but they made their breaks afterwards. I do find it funny that inToolwetrust claims to be a cowboys fan but is trying to argue they should have lost... He screwed up his troll persona claiming to be a boycows fan and then arguing the game was rigged in favor of his team. #amateurHour

• Like 1

Here's my view of the situation. The pi flag that was called and then taken away should have been off setting penalties which would have resulted in a replay of 3rd down. Now would the lions have flopped and not converted on 3rd and 1? We'll never know. But it was definitely a big call that changed the situation (instead of 4th and 1 it's now 3rd and 1) as said earlier though 1 call does NOT determine a whole game, if there is more football to be played afterwards, which there was. Cowboys got a break but they made their breaks afterwards. I do find it funny that inToolwetrust claims to be a cowboys fan but is trying to argue they should have lost... He screwed up his troll persona claiming to be a boycows fan and then arguing the game was rigged in favor of his team. #amateurHour

Good job not mentioning the flag for dez bryant screaming on the field with no helmet ... The rule is usportsman like conduct ... It has nothing to do with him just having his helmet off because we both know I'm not dumb enough for you to refencne your retarded article that states he "takes" his helmet off or whatever and play was whistled dead...the animal ran on the field screaming at the ref and ran right in the middle of the field it easily makes the call. So pass interference clearly... Clearly holding hatcher grabs pettigrews jersey and then to top it of dez running on field... You wanna say he grabbed the face mask ? No prob looked to me his hand got caught in there for a a split second ... Still looks like 3 clear penalties to 1 joke of a penalty

Enough about the PI flag pick up and back to the OP's question.

I skimmed this thread and didn't see what I thought was an obvious explanation for the hate and perceived arrogance.

Two words: "America's Team"

This nickname SCREAMS arrogance. Seriously, you don't refer to your team as America's Team and not expect fans of all of the other teams to wish your team a disastrous season. Even if nobody calls them that any more, the stigma will live on forever.

• Like 1

Check in on moonlanding and mobile emoticons.

Don't be an moran. Just stop please.

Check in. Looking for bud to check in. CJ Manderson and Tacos and stuff TASTE GREAT!!!

!!!!

Check in on Romo faking the moon landing.

I just checked in to my hotel and will sleep on a pillow of Romo tears and the jersey of not Ronnie Hillman who didn't check in on spranged foot and not Mandersonism.

Just stop it :rofl:

Fish bait check in fix. The fish fixed the fight for the mmon landing check in Jerrah no call pick up my flag and chopsticks are hard to use when no one checks in.

Answer my arguments and check in now.

• Like 3

Check in on moonlanding and mobile emoticons.

Don't be an moran. Just stop please.

Check in. Looking for bud to check in. CJ Manderson and Tacos and stuff TASTE GREAT!!!

!!!!

Check in on Romo faking the moon landing.

I just checked in to my hotel and will sleep on a pillow of Romo tears and the jersey of not Ronnie Hillman who didn't check in on spranged foot and not Mandersonism.

Just stop it :rofl:

Fish bait check in fix. The fish fixed the fight for the mmon landing check in Jerrah no call pick up my flag and chopsticks are hard to use when no one checks in.

Answer my arguments and check in now.

I'M HERE TO CHECK IN

• Like 1

Was the noncall a "benefit"? Yes, in the same way it is a "benefit" to execute a play that picks up a 1st down. Or in the same way it is to execute on defense and sack the QB. Essentially in the same way any positive play is a benefit.

Except one is a product of player ability and execution, the other is because of poor officiating. I suppose if the BENEFIT is all you care about they are the same, kind of like earning $100 is the same (benefit) as being given $100 as a gift.

this flag on Dez..what's the penalty here, can you tell me the rule?

I believe the penalty would be unsportsmanlike conduct, for running onto the field to argue with the officials. This article (link below) doesn't say specifically what the penalty is called, or the yardage (believe its like any personal foul, 15 yards and 1st down). The explanation is that it isn't an automatic penalty, refs have discretion.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/05/dean-blandino-pete-morelli-cowboys-lions-botched-pass-interference-explanation

relavent portion of article

As for Bryant's action, Blandino confirmed that the officials have "discretion" in those cases; Bryant being without a helmet was a non-factor since he was not involved in the play. Morelli did not address the lack of a call on Bryant during his interview Sunday night.

"It's not an automatic penalty," Blandino said. "The helmet removal only applies to a player who is in the game and takes his helmet off to confront an official or opponent or some kind of demonstration. They have discretion. Is he confronting me? Is he confronting an opponent?

"Certainly, I would have supported a call had it been made, but in the heat of the moment, they gave the sideline some leeway."

Personally I think there should be less allowance for this, should be nearly automatic. Or else every player is going to think they can start running onto the field to aruge with the refs (chaos). Dez didn't just take a step or two across the white area (they shouldn't even be there) but was several yards onto the field.

PS If you knew the rule, and that it isn't automatic why did you ask?

Anyone else notice he liked Howboutthemcowboys comment and then proceeded to call him a moron for that comment. Classic

I've seen others do this, a way to get your attention since you the forum page shows a notification when somebody "likes" your post. Somebody did it to me and it was confusing, when I asked they explained it.

Or maybe they tried to quote the post and clicked Like instead.

Or maybe its just intoolwetrusts strange trollish ways...

• Like 1

Except one is a product of player ability and execution, the other is because of poor officiating. I suppose if the BENEFIT is all you care about they are the same, kind of like earning $100 is the same (benefit) as being given $100 as a gift.

I believe the penalty would be unsportsmanlike conduct, for running onto the field to argue with the officials. This article (link below) doesn't say specifically what the penalty is called, or the yardage (believe its like any personal foul, 15 yards and 1st down). The explanation is that it isn't an automatic penalty, refs have discretion.

http://www.si.com/nf...nce-explanation

relavent portion of article

As for Bryant's action, Blandino confirmed that the officials have "discretion" in those cases; Bryant being without a helmet was a non-factor since he was not involved in the play. Morelli did not address the lack of a call on Bryant during his interview Sunday night.

"It's not an automatic penalty," Blandino said. "The helmet removal only applies to a player who is in the game and takes his helmet off to confront an official or opponent or some kind of demonstration. They have discretion. Is he confronting me? Is he confronting an opponent?

"Certainly, I would have supported a call had it been made, but in the heat of the moment, they gave the sideline some leeway."

Personally I think there should be less allowance for this, should be nearly automatic. Or else every player is going to think they can start running onto the field to aruge with the refs (chaos). Dez didn't just take a step or two across the white area (they shouldn't even be there) but was several yards onto the field.

PS If you knew the rule, and that it isn't automatic why did you ask?

He asked because he thought I didnt know..

Now he knows I know much more than he ever will.

It's time for him to check in on that.