[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How the Cowboys win in GB

Cowboyz1

Is Eddie Lacy irrelevant here? Everyone acts like Green Bay is one dimensional. I think they'll be able to run against Dallas, honestly. I'm surprised nobody else has made this point...

I think lacy makes a great play, both for GB and for DFS. I can see lacy scoring twice and being around 100+ total yards.

Not what I said ... I said Dallas needs to MAKE Green Bay one-dimensional. They do that by running the ball, dominating time of possession, rolling up the score, limiting Green Bay offensive touches and forcing Green Bay to throw to catch up. Obviously easier said than done.

Not just talking about you, Grits. Nobody seems to reference Eddie Lacy or the Packer run game in any analysis. In Cowboyz1's OP, for instance, not one word. Maybe there's no concern that GB will be able to run the football. I think there should be.

Not just talking about you, Grits. Nobody seems to reference Eddie Lacy or the Packer run game in any analysis. In Cowboyz1's OP, for instance, not one word. Maybe there's no concern that GB will be able to run the football. I think there should be.

The Cowboys front has been playing the run well. I am more concerned about Lacy on screens in the open field. One thing I have noticed about this Cowboys squad and the coaching staff is they make in game adjustments better than I have seen in years. Seems they give up a big play early then as the game moves into the second half, yards seem harder to come by on this defense.

The Cowboys front has been playing the run well. I am more concerned about Lacy on screens in the open field. One thing I have noticed about this Cowboys squad and the coaching staff is they make in game adjustments better than I have seen in years. Seems they give up a big play early then as the game moves into the second half, yards seem harder to come by on this defense.

we both know megatron was ready to explode after that first down flag, dallas doesnt desrve to be in greenbay.. stop it.

that O-line near doug free is a lot more vulnerable than you think pal

Not what I said ... I said Dallas needs to MAKE Green Bay one-dimensional. They do that by running the ball, dominating time of possession, rolling up the score, limiting Green Bay offensive touches and forcing Green Bay to throw to catch up. Obviously easier said than done.

Not really. Sometimes McCarthy seems to panic and forget that he has a potentially VERY GOOD run game in his pocket.

I think it's one of those "good problems to have" in many cases, as "oh, the run game isn't as productive as I'd like, maybe I'll just let the all-world/HoF-track QB guy throw it a bunch." Which usually works, but there are some games (especially playoff games) where you have to keep grinding at it with the run game, even if it's not quite working. This is probably one of them for GB.

All I know is, Rogers isn't practicing and there is bound to be rust. If we can come out strong and get a lead, McCarthy may just panic and put the ball in Rogers hand's. Normally, that could be just as deadly but a QB that's a little off trying to do too much and forget about Lacy, could be a recipe for a Cowboys win. Rodgers scrambling is one of the things that teams just can't account for while trying to cover, and he has always been good for a few 3rd down scrambles that get him and the team out of trouble. Without those scrambles, we may just get off the field on defense a time or two.

Hell, even if he's completely healthy, we have the ability to win in GB. It's going to take one hell of an effort but that's what this Cowboys team is all about. Tireless Effort.

If the Cowboys come out of the gate against Green Bay like they did Detroit then I think they will be in trouble. I don't think GB can bring the heat like Detroit did ... but none-the-less Dallas can't play like honda for the first half and spot GB 14 points and expect to walk away winners.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1

If the Cowboys come out of the gate against Green Bay like they did Detroit then I think they will be in trouble. I don't think GB can bring the heat like Detroit did ... but none-the-less Dallas can't play like honda for the first half and spot GB 14 points and expect to walk away winners.

Yep, if they come out and take advantage of GB being flat out of the gate we can really put some pressure on them. Have to score early. Absolute must.

Hell, even if he's completely healthy, we have the ability to win in GB. It's going to take one hell of an effort but that's what this Cowboys team is all about. Tireless Effort.

The effort is amazing. Probably the most amazing effort ever witnessed in mankind's history.

Serious question, does either side defer if they win the toss? I can't see it, GB probably doesn't do it often, put Rodgers out there to get early lead. DAL might (cannot recall), but not really a stellar defense (or team that relies mostly on defense like SEA), plus they won't want to get into an early whole like last week.

Current weather forecast is about 20 degrees, 5MPH wind, and no precip.