[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Kyle Shanahan to be released by Cleveland Browns

electricrelish

It appears that the impatient Cleveland Browns (7-9) will be dramatically changing their coaching staff once more after only one season. According to Alex Marvez, the Browns will release both offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains.

Last season, the Browns released head coach Rob Chudzinski who finished the season with a 4-12 record.

Source: https://twitter.com/...213880529616896

Thoughts about lack of continuity? Good move or bad?

Edited by electricrelish

I wonder if it is related to the story I read yesterday which said that Kyle would look for a lateral move (especially if his dad was the new HC somewhere) if he could get one because of differences between the front office and the coaching staff in Cleveland.

Yep, appears so this is a done deal according to the local paper, still reading the story and shocked (though I shouldn't be).

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/kyle_shanahan_dowell_loggains.html#incart_social_feature

More turnover, more change, more sucky Browns football.

You can't just keep turning over head coaches and offensive coordinators every year. Browns. SMH

I agree, but rumors leaked he wanted out, he was even considering a lateral move (to join his dad if he gets HC job). Browns were faced with waiting it out, and possibly bocking his lateral move and having an unhappy guy not willing to try his hardest.

More importantly from a Browns fan perspective, a lot has come out about the nonsense that has been going on. The article I linked doesn't cover all the gritty details but it sounds like either Farmer (GM) or Haslam have been meddling in coaching affairs. Forced their hand to play Manziel, and worse texting down to the coaches form the owners box about personnel usage and play selection.

I've feared for a while that Haslam is a Jerry/DanSnyder junior, and will meddle because he thinks he knows football.

Hey at least we didn't waste that first round pick we got for TRich :(

The other strong rumor is that he is linked to Quinn (SEA-DC) and could join him with the Jets if they go that way. Quinn had trouble landing a HC job last year because a couple teams (Browns included) didn't want to wait. So if he has an OC lined up, and will handle D with his hand picked DC, that may give him the inside track and Jets could be willing to wait for SEA to exit the playoffs to sign him.

Damnit, I thought I was doing worrying about the frigging NFL coaching carousel discussions this year.

Kyle Shanahan sucks

why, because he actually orchestrated the offense that the won the NFC east in 2012, knocking the 'girls out of the playoffs with a head-to-head Week 17 win? regardless of where he lands, he's a very talented, young offensive mind...who knows whether he's ready for a HC position, yet, but appears to be content following his dad for the time being...

still think the 'skins are currently more dysfunctional than the browns, but could be a close race...lol

• Like 1

why, because he actually orchestrated the offense that the won the NFC east in 2012, knocking the 'girls out of the playoffs with a head-to-head Week 17 win? regardless of where he lands, he's a very talented, young offensive mind...who knows whether he's ready for a HC position, yet, but appears to be content following his dad for the time being...

still think the 'skins are currently more dysfunctional than the browns, but could be a close race...lol

We'll trade you straight up, Manziel for Cousins ;)

Yes Kyle is so sucky that he has multiple interviews lined up already.

He's no Jason Garrett that's for sure...

We'll trade you straight up, Manziel for Cousins ;)

Yes Kyle is so sucky that he has multiple interviews lined up already.

He's no Jason Garrett that's for sure...

nah, we gotta flounder one more year under jay with the 3-headed monster of RG-Cousins-McCoy before danny-boy gets fed up, trades his entire next 10 seasons drafts for "the savior" all the while dumping yet another HC and staff to start over for another 2-3 years before the shenanigans start over, again! lmao

It looks like we may actually have a real GM, now, but i'm 100% pessimistic the owner will step out of the way, and let him do his job... :(

anyway, you can keep johnny-football for now, but can have captain kirk on the cheap (after he's released) in 2016...lol

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1

Kyle's offenses points scored rankings for the last 5 yrs-

27th

24th

12th

30th

25th

you're right, he's the next Bill Walsh

Yep, that's what I said...NOT!

My bad, you said he's no Jason Garrett.

Garrett's offensive ranks in pts scored when he was off. coordinator-