[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago's new GM is Ryan Pace

Wolverines Fan

Per rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10312/ryan-pace

Pace spent the past 14 years in New Orleans, including the past two as director of player personnel. He was previously the director of pro personnel. Pace turned down the opportunity to interview for the Jets' GM opening.

Pace was considered one of GM Mickey Loomis and coach Sean Payton's top lieutenants, and was twice promoted during Payton's tenure. He is only 37. Pace's first order of business in Chicago will be finding a head coach, followed closely by sorting out the futures of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall.

Per rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld...10312/ryan-pace

Pace spent the past 14 years in New Orleans, including the past two as director of player personnel. He was previously the director of pro personnel. Pace turned down the opportunity to interview for the Jets' GM opening.

Pace was considered one of GM Mickey Loomis and coach Sean Payton's top lieutenants, and was twice promoted during Payton's tenure. He is only 37. Pace's first order of business in Chicago will be finding a head coach, followed closely by sorting out the futures of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall.

I know I'm not a devout Bears follower, but I didn't hear much (if at all) about the interest during the process. Kind of a surprise in a way. Was kind of expecting them to go with Ballard or maybe even Gaines.

Edited by Def.

I know I'm not a devout Bears follower, but I didn't hear much (if at all) about the interest during the process. Kind of a surprise in a way. Was kind of expecting them to go with Ballard or maybe even Gaines.

Most of the talking heads on the Chicago sports scene thought Ballard was the guy because of his connections to the team. Pace has no Bears connections.

The Bears are usually all about connections.

Dan Berstein of the Score am670 in Chicago said the hiring of Pace down this way:

https://twitter.com/...290586623856640

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Somebody on another forum was not happy because he does not have Bears connections. Sounds like that may be a good thing, sometimes new blood is better.

What does this even mean? I can surmise a guess but it makes said "other forum member" sound like a complete idiot.

Why??? Because Mariotta is the best prospect sicne andrew luck and I've said it all season he's a smart driven intelligent qb that's a Russell Wilson clone just taller and just as quick Wilson has great footwork and quick tbats Mariotta ... Put him in that offense with alson and marshall see what happens

Mariotta is not worth multiple first round picks. There is an argument to be made that he is the second best QB prospect in this draft. There is justified concern that his success is, to some degree, a product of the Oregon offensive system.

Besides, the Bears have other needs to address.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

Youngest GM in the league.

No college experience - crappy CEO - very rough roster with maybe 15 salvageable players for the long term.

He has a tough job in front of him.

Most say he is ready, especially Loomis. That is enough for me, especially if D3 approves...I mean, come on.

• Like 2

What talent is he responsible for finding in New Orleans? Haven't they kind of been going backwards?

He's been pretty good overall, but honestly, who they(FO) want, who he wants & who they draft are three different things. Ultimately, that responsibility falls on the GM and it's not really a good indicator of whether he will make a good GM or not.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

What does this even mean? I can surmise a guess but it makes said "other forum member" sound like a complete idiot.

:doh:

Nope, the idiot would be me, I went back to find the post, and I miseread it, he said he was glad no connections, his full quote was "Time will tell if this works. Do like the fact he has no ties to the Bears. I was hoping for DeCosta from Baltimore, but he was probably a long shot. Did a good job keeping the Saints a contender from 2006-13."

I wasn't thinking too clear yesterday in a rage with the Browns idiocy, Cavs failure, and the ongoing DET-DAL penalty discussion.

Mariotta is not worth multiple first round picks. There is an argument to be made that he is the second best QB prospect in this draft. There is justified concern that his success is, to some degree, a product of the Oregon offensive system.

Besides, the Bears have other needs to address.

oh boy

Hes not worth it huh??

lmao might not be first best in draft..

Boy you dont watch much college football i see..

good luck with retard boy under the helm, he has the arm and talent just 0 heart and doesnt care

good luck with jimmy clausen omg is he horrendous

Mariota is a russell wilson clone dont you get it?

• Like 1

Mariota has a few of "issues", namely his accuracy. He is NOTHING like Andrew Luck and I beg you to find someone credible who makes that comparison.

Winston, for all of his faults, is light years ahead of Mariota in terms of being able to deliver the ball into tight windows. Call it a scheme thing, whatever, but Mariota has work to do in terms of throwing the football.

CAN he throw the football? Sure, but he needs work.

Now, hopping off the troll train and headed back onto the subject at hand. I like that this guy is young (but not naive, so it would seem) and hungry. The entire regime needs new blood and fast. This is a good start.

Mariota has a few of "issues", namely his accuracy. He is NOTHING like Andrew Luck and I beg you to find someone credible who makes that comparison.

WHAT?!?!

whoever said he was ANYTHING LIKE Andrew Luck???

hes nothing like him except they are the same height.. no ONE EVER said they were similiar

i said he was the best Prospect to come out in draft SINCE A Luck

never ever said they were similiar

I said hes a taller faster russell wilson clone

please check back in

There is no way in hell Pace drafts a QB in the first.

Neither of the two QB's mentioned are going to be good pro QB's and there is no worse way to start digging your own grave.

This is a 3-4 year effort and many more needs on the lines and at LB.

2016 will be a strong and deep QB class.

• Like 3

There is no way in hell Pace drafts a QB in the first.

Neither of the two QB's mentioned are going to be good pro QB's and there is no worse way to start digging your own grave.

This is a 3-4 year effort and many more needs on the lines and at LB.

2016 will be a strong and deep QB class.

Yeah this QB class is turrible. Bears need to focus on the trenches and tacklers.

Edited by darin3

Your belief that the Bears should get Mariota and perhaps give up picks to do it is the most assinine thought process I have ever heard...at no point have you said anything close to a rational thought and everyone of us here in the forum is more stupid for having read it.

#billymadison

• Like 2