[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer & Microbrew thread

keggerz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a Jackie O's night at a brewery last night.

Oro Negro - chile spiced imperial stout. delicious

Bourbon Barrel Black Maple - imperial porter with maple aged in bourbon barrels...pretty self-explanatory. delicious

Mandala - Double IPA with simcoe hops. awesome!

got me a 4 pack of Heady Topper ready to go to start the season

then a fresh 12 pack of Shape of Hops to Come for Sunday

hops + football = heaven

had Shape on tap a few weeks ago at a local pub and I think its about as close to Heady as you can get. But I don't think they distribute widely in PA but can pick it up at the brewery outside of Phila ... road trip!

• 2 weeks later...

We tried an assortment of Pumpkin beers today.

Southern Tier Pumking - Super sweet tasting

Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ale - Bitter beer with suprisingly little pumpkin/yam taste

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - Even blend of ale & pumpkin (my favorite of the day, which really wasn't saying much)

Lakefront Brewing Pumpkin Lager - Over spiced

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - Even blend of ale & pumpkin (my favorite of the day, which really wasn't saying much)

soooo you're saying you don't like pumpkin flavored beer? :)

soooo you're saying you don't like pumpkin flavored beer? :)

Oh I love pumpkin beers. We've brewed the Smashing Pumpkin from Northern Brewers twice now and it was good both times. 2nd time we steeped pumpkin in the wort to add to the flavor.

But the Rogue and Lakefront brews were disappointing. Southern Tier is good if you can stand sweet, and I would easily kick back with a pack of the Dogfish Head but I wouldn't go out of my way for it though.

Best pumpkin I've had is from Wild Onion Brewery but they're still pretty local.

Had lots of good Pumpkin beers last week for CBW

one of the best was

Pumpkin Chucker, a pumpkin stout from Fat Head's

Southern Tier's Pumking was the gold standard. I swear I could taste the whipped cream. Their Warlock is a pumpkin stout and you should be able to find it in bottles if you found Pumking. Warlock's a 10% beer this year. Last year's was 8.6%, which is how you can tell if you're getting old or new.

I found myself staying away from the pumpkin stuff though and was getting more into Sours...but, ya just can't keep drinking sours without getting an upset stomach

• Like 1

Had lots of good Pumpkin beers last week for CBW

one of the best was

Pumpkin Chucker, a pumpkin stout from Fat Head's

Southern Tier's Pumking was the gold standard. I swear I could taste the whipped cream. Their Warlock is a pumpkin stout and you should be able to find it in bottles if you found Pumking. Warlock's a 10% beer this year. Last year's was 8.6%, which is how you can tell if you're getting old or new.

I found myself staying away from the pumpkin stuff though and was getting more into Sours...but, ya just can't keep drinking sours without getting an upset stomach

Saw the Warlock but didn't grab it. Will definitely try it out this weekend.

I just bought 3 bottles of this to drink while watching the Browns lose to the Rams this Sunday

http://jackieos.com/brews/barking-pumpkin/

It's $5.99/bottle and limited to 1 per person. I hit up 3 shops.

I also picked up 2 bottles of their awesome stout:

http://jackieos.com/brews/oil-of-aphrodite/

I used to be into the whole pumpkin beer thing.

Now I drink Oktobers and am a better man for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man I haven't been to the tailgate in a while or read this thread, lots of catching up to do...

I like the build your own six pack at my local Giant Eagle grocery, for $10.99. Often I grab mostly beers that cost 12+ a six anyway and get them at a bargain. Also good way to try new things without buying a 6 or 12. I laugh when I see stuff like Bud, Mike's Hard Lemonade or even Sam Adams in the rack.

Still drinking some of the last of Octoberfest beers now and have a couple samples from Brecks brewery in Breckenridge CO, an IPA and a Christmas Ale.

My brother was in the store one day and called me as he remembered I mentioned Lagunitas, he bought some of their stuff (Dogtown Pale maybe) and liked them all. We were visiting with another brother from California where he had brought some Lagunitas and he was like "Oh yeah Lagunitas is mucho bueno".

Oktoberfest hasn't officially started, but the brews are in the stores now. We usually have an Oktoberfest Bracket in September with 16 different marzens/octoberfests.

Leinenkugel, Yuengling, Sam Adams & Shiner were the breweries whose offerings made it to the final 4 last year.

What's YOUR favorite marzen?

Ok, as I continue reading it seems I haven't been gone from this thread as long as I thought, maybe just most of football season. Must be all the beer and whiskey I've been drinking to drown my sorrow over the horrilble Browns.

Didn't see Yuengling Octoberfest in stores much until this year, now one of my favorites right there with Leine.

Great Lakes pretty sure I had some of those too, as well as some from Thirsty Dog (Akron) called Barktoberfest ;) The last month or so I had more IPA/PA/Oktoberfest in the house than plain lager. That's a first for me.

Now home to see what's in the fridge waiting for me :)

Ok, as I continue reading it seems I haven't been gone from this thread as long as I thought, maybe just most of football season. Must be all the beer and whiskey I've been drinking to drown my sorrow over the horrilble Browns.

Didn't see Yuengling Octoberfest in stores much until this year, now one of my favorites right there with Leine.

Great Lakes pretty sure I had some of those too, as well as some from Thirsty Dog (Akron) called Barktoberfest ;) The last month or so I had more IPA/PA/Oktoberfest in the house than plain lager. That's a first for me.

Now home to see what's in the fridge waiting for me :)

I really enjoyed the Atom Smasher from Two Brothers if your looking for another Oktoberfest.

Maine Brewing Company has entered the OH market.

Picked up their Lunch IPA 16 oz bottle for $6.99

Tasty.

I also picked up a bottle of Avery's Raspberry Sour for $12.99 a 22 ouncer

and their Twenty Two sour for $8.99

I haven't had either of those yet but soon.

Love me some sours