[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Peyton Manning done?

DMD

He was noncommittal about his future after the game. He is 39 years old. His stats declined after week 13 in a serious way. Even in 2013, his stats in the playoffs were nothing special. The Broncos are going to change coaches so does Manning hang around for one more year? It would pretty much only be to take away the rest of the record from Favre.

In other news, Reggie Wayne just had a playoff game with one target and zero catches. He is done. Has to be.

• Like 1

I have to say yes. But I feel he will come back for one more year, collect his $19 million and hope for one last magical run.

Personally I would give Manning one more year and give him two game breaks against weaker opponents a la San Antonio Spurs to make it to the playoffs. Keep him fresh, but in the game. Quarterbacks that are worth everything and are hard to come by. Brady, Luck, Rodgers and Russel prove that. Outside of that Rothlesburger, Romo, Manning losing this week, you are looking at some of the best qbs in 7 of the 8 spots (Cam is very debatable). Maybe the most important position and the hardest one to secure for prosperity. In the old days it was to an advantage to play at home in the playoffs, but now not so much although there is still an advantage. Time for a new train of thought then having him play every down. Keep him sharp and ready for playoffs and see if he has one last run.

So, opinions on Brock Osweiler being the heir?

Manning's insistence on playing every down of every game has kept us from seeing what Brock can do. I like the idea a few posts up of a game to game rotation. Gets Manning rest and gets Brock reps. Of course, Manning will never go for that.

It's an interesting theory. Manning was throwing the ball great earlier this season. Made me think he could easily play 2 more seasons. I don't think the quad injury had anything to do with his struggles. Honestly, it just looked like his arm was worn out. He looked like Skinny-Armed Rob Lowe. Lots and lots of throws from that arm.

• Like 1

As for Wayne, he is playing through a torn tricep that will need off-season surgery. Most guys would be on IR already. The ACL injury has caused him to lose a step. The arm injury isn't helping. But his contract is expiring. He has already said he will only play for the Colts. I don't know what will happen there.

That's what I was thinking too Hook. He looked like he did last year for the first half of this season. He's always thrown ducks, but they used to go exactly where only his WR could get them. Now, it's like he's lost faith in his accuracy because he throws them where absolutely no one can catch them. He doesn't even give his receivers a chance to go make a play.

A lot of inaccurate overthrows. As a Colts fan I was regrettably happy to see him struggle, but as a long time Colts fan - it was very depressing to watch. Can't believe this guy's playing career has all but come to an end.

It was a weird feeling right? Peyton has done so much for the Colts and Indianapolis. Sad to watch him play so poorly. But as a Colts fan, you were excited to see it. Also strange to be on the other side of a Manning playoff choke. Manning refused to stop calling his own number against a team where running the ball had to be the #1 way to attack. Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

Manning's insistence on playing every down of every game has kept us from seeing what Brock can do. I like the idea a few posts up of a game to game rotation. Gets Manning rest and gets Brock reps. Of course, Manning will never go for that.

Agree.

It's an interesting theory. Manning was throwing the ball great earlier this season. Made me think he could easily play 2 more seasons. I don't think the quad injury had anything to do with his struggles. Honestly, it just looked like his arm was worn out. He looked like Skinny-Armed Rob Lowe. Lots and lots of throws from that arm.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Postseason-Manning-e1421070335380.jpg

Manning has been playing injured, per Adam Schefter:

Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

ETA:

Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/554669973692379136' rel="external nofollow">

Edited by Rileyrott

Manning has avoided injury for most of his career. When he has been injured, he plays. I remember the Dolphins breaking his jaw, and he missed one snap. He's tough as hell. But at 39 years old, he will have injuries if he continues to play NFL football.