[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Peyton Manning done?

DMD

Manning not only would get injured more, but take longer to recover. I do think, IMO, he is one of the best QBs to have every played. But I don't think he can last 16 games anymore. He was red hot to start the year but really looked bad down the stretch. Not sure how a quad injury impacts the throwing but a few of those passes the threw were head scratchers.

It sure seems like it immediately after a devastating loss but a few months heals emotions and I think he still has the fire in him unfortunately I think it's the wrong decision. His decline will be even more apparent next year. I hope he calls it a career I really loved watching him and he will go down as one of the best football minds of all time.

Manning not only would get injured more, but take longer to recover. I do think, IMO, he is one of the best QBs to have every played. But I don't think he can last 16 games anymore. He was red hot to start the year but really looked bad down the stretch. Not sure how a quad injury impacts the throwing but a few of those passes the threw were head scratchers.

It sure seems like it was effecting him the last 6 weeks. If that's the case, the Broncos game plan seems even more perplexing. Or was Manning audibling and calling his own number? The latter seems more likely. Edited by CaptainHook

Since his neck fusion surgery, Manning had to learn to throw the ball using his legs. A quad injury, and an ineffective o-line, has limited Manning to the point where he couldn't throw with accuracy, needing to "step" into the throw, using his legs for strength.

Not saying he's done, but maybe he should retire. IDK.

The latest from Adam Schefter:

Specifically: Peyton Manning has a torn rectus femoris, which runs down center of thigh. Bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/554683337458319360' rel="external nofollow">

• Like 1

I posted on FB yesterday during the game that John Foxs job was on the line with a loss and got blasted for it :lol:

If Fox goes, and pretty sure he will, Peyton's decision is a no-brainer

Then again Peyton just might have a say in the Fox decision. He goes, I go type of deal. Not sure how loyal Peyton is to Fox though

Edited by tazinib1

I posted on FB yesterday during the game that John Foxs job was on the line with a loss and got blasted for it :lol:

Then again Peyton just might have a say in the Fox decision. He goes, I go type of deal. Not sure how loyal Peyton is to Fox though

I don't think it's a matter of loyalty as much as it would be not wanting to go through a coaching change.

Lol as i was the first one to blast you on FB. My apology as you were good on this one :tup:

• Like 1

Goddamn...torn quad would explain a lot

Agreed, legs are an integral part of generating power for a pitcher, probably less so for a QB but I can see where it would screw with mechanics and cause some power issues if you aren't throwing off a solid base.

I think Peyton definitely has a say in the decision, and to be honest, I think the motivation here might be to promote Adam Gase and maintain offensive continuity. This is total speculation, of course.

I'm glad to see John Fox go. I was never impressed with him in Carolina, and I never thought he was that great in Denver. I think you put a guy in the situation Fox was in with the talent and assistant coaches around him, and a lot of coaches would have made the playoffs every year with that team.

• Like 2

FWIW, if the Broncos and Peyton decide to part ways, wouldn't Houston be an intriguing landing spot for him as the Texans still attempt to find the QB of the future? That team has excellent playmakers on defense, a solid running game, and two legit WRs. They'd make some noise if he stayed healthy, and they play indoors to boot (or is it retractable roof)?

• Like 1

FWIW, if the Broncos and Peyton decide to part ways, wouldn't Houston be an intriguing landing spot for him as the Texans still attempt to find the QB of the future? That team has excellent playmakers on defense, a solid running game, and two legit WRs. They'd make some noise if he stayed healthy, and they play indoors to boot (or is it retractable roof)?

O'Brien + PFM would be fun to watch.

I'd be shocked if Manning actually goes to another team though. I think he either plays one more year in Denver or he retires.

• Like 1

I think Peyton definitely has a say in the decision, and to be honest, I think the motivation here might be to promote Adam Gase and maintain offensive continuity. This is total speculation, of course.

I don't think Gase is their choice considering the post somebody made that said Elway told the assistant coaches they are free to seek other positions. Sounds like Elway is going to clear house, lots of players to resign, possibly no Peyton, doesn't sound good for the Broncos.

The issue if he is unable to last 16 games is why he stays in games so long and is still throwing. I think Peyton is too obsessed with stats and wanting to have records for most TDs etc. Last season he was very impressive throwing over 50 TD's but there was definitely occasions when he could have let Osweiler go in and they could have run the ball more.

• Like 1

The issue if he is unable to last 16 games is why he stays in games so long and is still throwing. I think Peyton is too obsessed with stats and wanting to have records for most TDs etc. Last season he was very impressive throwing over 50 TD's but there was definitely occasions when he could have let Osweiler go in and they could have run the ball more.

Ya I don't know what the reasons are but I completely agree. There were so many times last year where I was wondering why the heck he was still in the game.

I certainly think he could play another year in an offense that could protect him. The Texans, with their solid running attack and top-tier WRs, come to mind.

At his age, throwing the ball 45-50 times a game doesn't seem like the right situation, IMO.