[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FOX OUT IN DENVER

peoplehater

Is this a fact or just a rumor? Not finding any report that he was fired, retired or is otherwise out as DEN HC.

I'm not questioning it, but if people have a source it should be referenced or if possible linked.

The other thread has this: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8344/john-fox

They agreed to "part ways". I dont post rumors

That's fine, you could have said that and mentioned where you heard it (radio, ESPN, etc.)

Sorry but too much reporting today is rumor fueled, one person mentions it and others run with it all based on some anonymouse source. Then 24-36 hours later it becomes true when the actual story comes out.

ETA: Thanks for the link BJ.

Edited by stevegrab

No way Manning goes to a new team. It certainly doesn't make it more likely that Manning returns.

This

I wonder if Adam Gase or Jack Del Rio are in the running to replace Fox.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

This

I wonder if Adam Gase or Jack Del Rio are in the running to replace Fox.

You'd have to think one of them would be.

I bet it's Gase.

Didn't know there was supposed friction between Fox and Elway. Seems like Fox may have been given a bit of a raw deal. Anyone else agree?

Seems like Fox may have been given a bit of a raw deal. Anyone else agree?

Why does it seem like Fox got a raw deal? There's hardly any information about this available. Mutually parting ways does usually mean 'forced out' but that in and of itself doesn't constitute a raw deal.

Also, I'd say there is almost zero chance we promote JDR. If it's anybody it's gonna be Gase. Personally, I think we ought to be going after Kubiak.

There could be a few changes in denver that could sway Maning besides the coach leaving. Denver has a few big names to try and resign and I dont think Manning will stay just to pass Farve in the books. I think he just walks away if the scene isnt what he likes

• Like 2

There could be a few changes in denver that could sway Maning besides the coach leaving. Denver has a few big names to try and resign and I dont think Manning will stay just to pass Farve in the books. I think he just walks away if the scene isnt what he likes

Agree. Only way Manning comes back is if he thinks he has a legit shot at a Super Bowl.

Why does it seem like Fox got a raw deal? There's hardly any information about this available. Mutually parting ways does usually mean 'forced out' but that in and of itself doesn't constitute a raw deal.

Also, I'd say there is almost zero chance we promote JDR. If it's anybody it's gonna be Gase. Personally, I think we ought to be going after Kubiak.

I dunno, cuz the guy took the team to the Super Bowl, then went 12-4 the very next year. So to be fired after losing a tough game to a good opponent seems like a bit of a raw deal. The whole "mutually parting ways" thing is usually BS, at least IMO. He was going to get fired, face it.

But hey, I guess there's a culture of winning there now and his team didn't get it done. His fault? I don't know.

But I tell ya, if Fox is gone, I could easily see Manning hanging it up too.

BA mentioned going after Kubiak, I thought I read him saying he will stay in BAL as OC.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-gary-kubiak-will-stay-with-ravens-20150111-story.html

If Fox was forced to leave I'd agree he got a raw deal. If he truly wanted out, then he made the choice. I have to think the Broncos are in a bit of a rebuild if they're telling all the coaches BYE and Peyton may be back. Sure they have some talent, but I don't think a game manager QB is going to put them over the top, or even have them as competitive as Peyton the last few years.

Gase was a guy getting lots of interviews both last year and during their bye this week, so maybe he was a leading candidate but wasn't interested, or the Broncos weren't.

I dunno, cuz the guy took the team to the Super Bowl, then went 12-4 the very next year. So to be fired after losing a tough game to a good opponent seems like a bit of a raw deal. The whole "mutually parting ways" thing is usually BS, at least IMO. He was going to get fired, face it.

But hey, I guess there's a culture of winning there now and his team didn't get it done. His fault? I don't know.

But I tell ya, if Fox is gone, I could easily see Manning hanging it up too.

I just don't know how much credit Fox deserves given the talent on the roster. Simply making the playoffs is just treading water when the team is in a SB window.

Fox seems like a steady hand and a good guy, just not an innovator. He's probably great at football arithmetic, but doesn't strike me as a guy who can do calculus, if that makes sense.

I also get the impression that Fox is kinda over it as far as the pressures of being an NFL HC is concerned. I know that if I were 60 and just had a heart attack last year, I wouldn't be to eager to keep doing one of the most stressful jobs in America.

Like I said before, it was probably more 'fired' than 'quit', but I believe there was definitely a bit of both.

I just don't know how much credit Fox deserves given the talent on the roster. Simply making the playoffs is just treading water when the team is in a SB window.

Fox seems like a steady hand and a good guy, just not an innovator. He's probably great at football arithmetic, but doesn't strike me as a guy who can do calculus, if that makes sense.

I also get the impression that Fox is kinda over it as far as the pressures of being an NFL HC is concerned. I know that if I were 60 and just had a heart attack last year, I wouldn't be to eager to keep doing one of the most stressful jobs in America.

Like I said before, it was probably more 'fired' than 'quit', but I believe there was definitely a bit of both.

That all makes sense. I could see him as a studio guy. I think he gets football but may be time to seek out alternate outlets.