[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's everybody's *actual* sport of choice?

sksmith

Words With Friends. And trust me, playing against DMD makes it a sport!

Reminds me of the board tourneys we did a few years back. I don't think I won any, but came close. If I recall correctly, we didn't have enough participants, so my wife played. She ended up winning at least one (tournament). :lol:

I remember DMD being a tough out, as was Dug.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't participate in sports anymore, save for working out 2-3 days a week. My body's just not ready. Hoping to get back into semi-competitive basketball and soccer.

Growing up it was soccer, and then got a bit bored of it ... despite being pretty good ... and devoted more time to basketball. Was basketball through HS (average varsity player) and college (lots of intramurals against pretty solid competition) and then after college as well in pick-up fashion. Played some soccer in my final year of college (again, intramural but pretty challenging).

This is me, basically. But I don't currently work out and I was never bored of soccer. I did enjoy basketball most and when I'm 'hot' I can splash 3s all day.

Anyways, thanks to Irish for that kickball thread. I had no idea there were leagues. As a soccer player all my life, I am very interested in this kickball league. I'm guessing you dominated kb?

• 5 months later...

HS - basketball and baseball until I quit all sports going into junior year (I was a bit of a moron in that regard and couldn't regret that decision any more)

College - rugby (team captain); various intramural stuff

Currently - softball, basketball and [very little] golf. Just hung up the flag football cleats last year - body feels better (aching every Monday-Wednesday was getting old) but I miss the annual tournament in Giants Stadium that I used to play in . . . went out B2B champs, though. Can't complain.

Spend inordinate amounts of time coaching my kids' hoops and baseball teams - managed son's 11U baseball team that came 2 games away from winning NY State title this year.

Played Baseball and Hockey in HS and then played club team Volleyball in College. After school I played Softball for about 10 years, with 2-3 at a decent/high level. Started Bowling after HS and have gone from being avid competitor in tourneys (all over MN and some outstate tourneys plus nationals... ) to now just league bowling with buddies. I have 4- 300 rings and 2- 800 rings over the years and still averaged 221 last year. Now I spend most of my free time coaching my 4 kids or attending their sports/activities...

• 4 weeks later...

High school- played basketball, football, golf, and track

College- played college football, intramural basketball

Now- played flag football up until 4 years ago (broke my arm in z game and didn't know it until a week later. 2 broken fingers) play in a 30 and up basketball league. Coach my kids in basketball and soccer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wrestled from 4 years old until I was 19...I have coached it now for 20 years. I also played football, baseball, soccer, and rugby but never on the level that I wrestled. Placed in state and was 6th in the grand nationals my senior year in HS. Nothing teaches toughness and discipline like wrestling.

At 59 years come Feb. 22 I play basketball at the gym I attend. Some nights I am pretty darn good and others.......well, lets just say my age shows. I have a deadly 3 pt shot when I am on and can still take it to the hoop.

I work with a trainer 3 times a week and particapted in a 5K Mud run this past September.

Great job man!!!

I was crunching 5K's last year and up until the start of this one (I'm 48). Lost all the progress when Lyme's got the best of me... Have been in treatment for about 3 months now and planning to come back with a vengeance next year. I'm shooting at running it under 21 minutes. 27ish is my best so far.

To the OP - Track and Field (200 and 400 (I grew up watching Cuba's Alberto Juantorena - my favorite runner of all time) meters) is my first love. Baseball and Basketball follow. I grew up in the Caribbean so I never had a chance to play Football, have watched it since I got cable tv and would have absolutely love to have had a chance to play it when I was young. Coached basketball (Elementary (Head), MIddle and High school(Assistant)) for a long time while being on and off in College (My HS coach took me under his wing since he wanted to pass his stuff along).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Planned on playing WR at Trinity U in San Antonio. After meeting with the coaches, learning that they went 0-11 the prior year, I decided to play soccer instead. In HS, I played consecutive years on a varsity football team that went 2-8 and 1-9. On the other hand, I played club soccer on a team that won state at our level twice. I went that route in college, and had no regrets.

I remember during my sophomore year going home one weekend and watching a one armed dude from Colorado College take a punt back for a TD against Trinity. This was on the big screen at Mr. Gatti's, and I had my Trinity hat on. Good for him...but totally embarrasing for me. No doubt I made the right decision.

Edited by CowboysDiehard