[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Del Rio to coach da Raiduhs

Shorttynaz

What's wrong with that?

By tough guys I meant cheap and dirty. Lots of trash talk and dirty play. Every time they played the Colts they had multiple personal fouls and Del Rio would just be over their smiling. Then they'd lose.

I should have said "dumb tough guys."

Edited by CaptainHook

"Hey let's hire this guy. He was a failure every where else but he'll be great for the crap on our roster." I feel bad for Raiders fans.

Oh and "In" before the guys who want to point out all his successful playoff runs. 3 winning seasons and most of them were with Coughlin's players. This guy is a joke and not a HC.

By tough guys I meant cheap and dirty. Lots of trash talk and dirty play. Every time they played the Colts they had multiple personal fouls and Del Rio would just be over their smiling. Then they'd lose.

I should have said "dumb tough guys."

Gotcha.

First of all, I'm gonna take the high road and say Del Rio is a good hire. He's a Bay Area guy (family's owned season tix for many years) that will bring an "edge" back to Da Raidahs. Maybe that's what they need. And hey, he had a few fairly successful seasons with the Jags, and they've done jackpoo since.

As for the Trestman rumor, wow. He may have flopped as a HC (ugh) but man... Derek Carr was on my shortlist for sleeper QBs next season, this would only amplify that (and probably make more folks consider him - doh). Lukewarm on the Smith rumor. I suppose he'd just be a "mouthpiece" with Del Rio really making the imprint defensively.

Hmm another OC filling in without Kyle Shannahan. And fewer openings in general and not a lot of talk about daddy Mike getting a HC or GM job to bring him along. I guess he may be on the outside looking in. Of course the Browns haven't exactly had great candidates beating down their door for the job.

Come on Haslam, call Peyton, he can be QB coach and OC, and buy part of the team from you. Make the call :out:

As for the Trestman rumor, wow. He may have flopped as a HC (ugh) but man... Derek Carr was on my shortlist for sleeper QBs next season, this would only amplify that (and probably make more folks consider him - doh). Lukewarm on the Smith rumor. I suppose he'd just be a "mouthpiece" with Del Rio really making the imprint defensively.

No doubt. Add in the potential pick of Amari Cooper and David Carr's sleeper status skyrockets

Congratulations...you've now been the coach of the worst two NFL franchises.

Very well said - there is nothing to suggest this is going to go well. Who else was banging down Del Rio's door and what has he done lately to make us think this time around is going to be any better than last time?

Raiders and Jaguars at a minimum should be folded and removed from the league.

Very well said - there is nothing to suggest this is going to go well. Who else was banging down Del Rio's door and what has he done lately to make us think this time around is going to be any better than last time?

Raiders and Jaguars at a minimum should be folded and removed from the league.

Send them both to London

Big John...any idea what Pete Carroll's NFL record was before he got to Seattle?

Please tell me that you aren't comparing Del Rio to Carroll? Because I missed the part where Del Rio made a college program a dominate powerhouse

Are you saying Del Rio couldn't?

In comparing NFL historical data, I don't see how anyone can write him off because of what he did in JAX.

Not sure about you Zooty, but I believe people get better and can improve their competencies and abilities. Why the easy write-off of Jack?

I think he could have success in Oakland - but like the Bears, ownership is a big road block.

Are you saying Del Rio couldn't?

In comparing NFL historical data, I don't see how anyone can write him off because of what he did in JAX.

Not sure about you Zooty, but I believe people get better and can improve their competencies and abilities. Why the easy write-off of Jack?

I think he could have success in Oakland - but like the Bears, ownership is a big road block.

because he didn't learn in the 7-8 years he was a HC in Jax. Most of these who succeed with a second team had short stints and learn from their mistakes. He just strikes me as too arrogant to recognize why his team steadily declined with him as the coach. It's partially my dislike of him too but I think he falls in the ok to good category. He'll have a .500 career