[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomsula, not Adam Gase, to coach the 49ers

Shorttynaz

I read that last year Haslam asked Peyton about Gase and was told he wasn't ready to be a HC. (Peyton and Haslam are connected through UT.) Of course that fueled a rumor I read today that Peyton could be headed to Cleveland for a coaching (or front office) job with Haslam.

I really hope that we do not promote Gase. That would be like Josh McDaniels take two.

Well, maybe not that bad, but in the same vein.

If it happens, it won't be Elways call. That will be all on ownership

Edited by tazinib1

Not often you see a new NFL HC who isn't currently or was recently an NFL coordinator or college head coach. I believe Harbaugh (John) was that way, maybe Garrett too. (Yep, Harbaugh was only ST and then secondary coach [shows ST coordinator but that isn't like DC/OC]. Nope Garret was OC and assitant HC.)

Tomsula was a HC and DC for a NFL Europe team, and a 1 game interim HC for SF when Singletary was fired.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/TomsJi0.htm

Not often you see a new NFL HC who isn't currently or was recently an NFL coordinator or college head coach. I believe Harbaugh (John) was that way, maybe Garrett too. (Yep, Harbaugh was only ST and then secondary coach [shows ST coordinator but that isn't like DC/OC]. Nope Garret was OC and assitant HC.)

Tomsula was a HC and DC for a NFL Europe team, and a 1 game interim HC for SF when Singletary was fired.

http://www.pro-footb...hes/TomsJi0.htm

well, it worked our really well (NOT!) for the redskins a few years ago with jim zorn! he had only been the QB coach in SEA before being hired as the 'skins OC, but was then promoted to HC before ever serving as OC...he did have a short stint as a college (Utah St) OC, but never any HC experience until the 'skins...i wish i could, but i couldn't even make this honda up if i tried! LOL

well, it worked our really well (NOT!) for the redskins a few years ago with jim zorn! he had only been the QB coach in SEA before being hired as the 'skins OC, but was then promoted to HC before ever serving as OC...he did have a short stint as a college (Utah St) OC, but never any HC experience until the 'skins...i wish i could, but i couldn't even make this honda up if i tried! LOL

Yeah that was on bat honda crazy hiring there by Snyder and his stooges. Thank god my owner is such an idiot :bag:

Yeah that was on bat honda crazy hiring there by Snyder and his stooges. Thank god my owner is such an idiot :bag:

Don't feel bad...you could be dealing with the rumors of a 5 year extension in the works for trucking Philbin. Cause he's been the very ideal of leadership. Maybe we'll resign Incognito... :bash: