[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon is...

sksmith

...a bit of a head case, one bad decision away from not being a player, most likely not a Brown, risky, etc...he is also quite the talent and might benefit greatly on a team with a real QB

So what is his value? How far do his off-field issues and disappointing year drop him (dynasty format, speaking)? What round draft pick would he be worth in an attempt to acquire through trade?

Would you sacrifice a round 1 pick to get him and a 4th round pick?

Provided the 1st round pick is not top 5; which means you'll most likely miss out on Cooper, M Gordon, and Gurley anyway. His accompanying contract/salary is pretty large salary-wise, too. By getting him, though, you'd have a WR corp that held both Gordon and A Jeffery in a 16-team league

Probably not. Gordon could just as easily flop and be out of the league and you'd wish to have one of the previously mentioned rookies.

Edited by irish

Yeah...seems like too big a risk to me

One of those moves that would make your roster look good, but performance from them could easily be spotty if not worse...not knowing where he's gonna be next year is also worrisome

I don't think I would give a round 1 pick to get Gordon alone. Unless that round 1 pick is going to be a top 5 then it may be worth it because of other needs you may have you could get one of the top 2 backs coming out or WR there are a few more of them coming out this year.

cooper isnt even close to josh gordon.. cooper may be the most overrated wr in all of football

Fresh off a season where he was second in the nation in receiving yards and TDs playing in one of the toughest conferences in college football.

He doesn't have the baggage that Gordon has either, I mean he fought the NFL to get his ban reduced and then wasted the chance to play in one of those games getting drunk with Jonny Manziel.

dwayne bowe isnt highly rated

You wouldn't be able to tell if you looked at his contract. 5th highest-paid WR in the league! :lol:

Fresh off a season where he was second in the nation in receiving yards and TDs playing in one of the toughest conferences in college football.

Yup, and without a top-tier QB throwing to him. Depending on where he lands, his rookie production may not be great, but he is still very talented. Dorial Green-Beckham is another enticing WR in this year's crop, although like Gordon, he comes with quite a bit of baggage.

Gordon is probably still a Top 20 player overall.

Probably not. Gordon could just as easily flop and be out of the league and you'd wish to have one of the previously mentioned rookies.

And that's the problem with Gordon. Are you freaking kidding me you wouldn't give up a mid-rookie 1st for a top 20 guy? I would do that in a HEARTBEAT for Cobb/Nelson/Lacy. Those who have Gordon value his potential of top-20, those that don't can't imagine giving up a mid-1st because he's a knucklehead with too much risk. I pretty much have given up on acquiring Gordon because seller just won't recognize the impact risk has on his value.

Edited by flemingd

Oh I wasn't suggesting that's the right price for him, I was pointing out the irony of the same person saying in one breath he's top 20, then coming right back and saying "but I wouldn't give a mid-first for him". That's a hugh disparity in value discussion.

I think I value Gordon with a mixture of the "he's a top 20 stud" and "idiot's gonna get busted at a White Castle during offseason"...which is why I want to be okay with giving up 1st round pick but just can't swing the bat; I'd be a little easier going on the risk if I knew where he'd be next year

All of this is moot now as I just got him for Foles and a 5th rounder

well that's cheaper than a 1st, LOL

Oh I wasn't suggesting that's the right price for him, I was pointing out the irony of the same person saying in one breath he's top 20, then coming right back and saying "but I wouldn't give a mid-first for him". That's a hugh disparity in value discussion.

yeah...likes the player, hates the risk

I'm just expressing that his general value, not necessarily mine, is top 20. However, I wouldn't make the trade.

All of this is moot now as I just got him for Foles and a 5th rounder

Wow. That's a steal right there. I have been driving the Gordon bandwagon for a while now though, so take my opinions on him with a grain of salt.

I own everywhere and he is just a very illiquid asset right now. I still see him as a top 20 player, so it is highly unlikely that i will see an offer that will get him to move. I understand the effect that risk has on his trade value, but as a seller, i am not interested enough in moving him to provide a price discount commensurate to that risk.

Interesting option:

Someone has offered to take Gordon and his large and potentially useless contract in exchange for my 1.05 rookie draft pick; also included would be one of my RBs going his way and VJax + R Wayne and draft pick 1.15 coming my way.

I'm interested, but not sold. From a cap perspective, the 2 new WRs for me would be a decent $7 mil less than Gordon and over a shorter contract time frame (3 years as opposed to 5). It's the draft pick scenario that gives me most pause. Dropping down to 15 certainly isn't as promising as 5th spot, and doing so would also give this person 3 of the first 5 picks in the draft (and 4 total in first round).

I'm uncertain as how to approach Gordon now: is he going to be suspended or banned, I've heard both. Is he just a lost cause now? Do I hold on to fifth pick and suck it up w/ Gordon's salary? He can go on IR next season if suspended at 50%, then see what happens for 2016 and drop him then if he's really done. I gotta do some maths with his cap penalty vs. salary of trade offered WRs to see just what the benefit is

what?

so you give

Gordon

one of your RB

and get

VJax

Wayne

I wish I had a better understanding of your cap but that trade pretty much sucks for you. Your leagues cap is either totally oppressive or you just don't understand it if you keep posting about moving good players for cap relief.

Edited by Zooty

Agreed. I think you are probably drastically over-estimating the importance of cap room. I did the same in the leagues with cap room, although nothing that drastically hurt me, only to realize it just wasn't that important. That trade is terrible with just the assets listed out unless the RB in question is Jerome Bettis, and then it's just really bad.

Again I ask - what will you do with the cap space? Who can you sign/draft/trade for with all this room you want to clear?