[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim Tomsula checking in as 49ers new HC

Zooty

Not Adam Gase

Another place where I thought they would bring in a guy to help the O since the D is pretty solid.

From Rotoworld

49ers hired Jim Tomsula as head coach.

This is surely to get 49ers fans excited. Not. Tomsula is a hell of a man and fine football coach, but going from one of the greatest coaches in team history (Jim Harbaugh) to Tomsula doesn't excite anyone. The 49ers are staying in-house with Tomsula, who has been with the team as its DL coach since 2007. He beat out Broncos OC Adam Gase and in-house DC Vic Fangio. The 49ers are getting continuity and a coach that won't meddle in personnel decisions, but the hiring will ultimately be judged by who Tomsula gets to run the offense. Tomsula is expected to bring in ex-Raiders DC Jason Tarver as his defensive coordinator.

A local SF Bay Area radio show is going on and on how Tomsula looks like Ron Jeremy. All the interviews with the local sports writers are bashing Tomsula as a HC. I hope it works out and don't have a good feeling about it. I will feel much better about it if he 49ers hire a kicka$$ OC.

Not Adam Gase

Another place where I thought they would bring in a guy to help the O since the D is pretty solid.

From Rotoworld

49ers hired Jim Tomsula as head coach.

This is surely to get 49ers fans excited. Not. Tomsula is a hell of a man and fine football coach, but going from one of the greatest coaches in team history (Jim Harbaugh) to Tomsula doesn't excite anyone. The 49ers are staying in-house with Tomsula, who has been with the team as its DL coach since 2007. He beat out Broncos OC Adam Gase and in-house DC Vic Fangio. The 49ers are getting continuity and a coach that won't meddle in personnel decisions, but the hiring will ultimately be judged by who Tomsula gets to run the offense. Tomsula is expected to bring in ex-Raiders DC Jason Tarver as his defensive coordinator.

Ok I know you didn't write that but Harbaugh one of the greatest coaches in 49ers history, really? Sure he turned the program around and went to a SB and several NFC title games, but he failed to win. Walsh is greatest SF coach I remember and Seifert was good too.

I think a big part of the hire is not having a Harbaugh guy (Roman & Fangio were hired by him, while Tomsula was there already has been DL coach now for 9 years.

The reason this doesn't excite is he isn't a big name well known name, and he also has no coordinator or head coaching experience (as I believe I mentioned elsewhere, last successful HC hire like that was Jim's brother John Harbaugh).

Hard to comment on this hire unless you're really into the 49ers franchise and know the position coaches well etc, even then its impossible to know how he'll project moving to HC.

Many on Twitter saying the owners want someone who won't be argumentative etc (basically everything Harbaugh wasnt)