[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys with a Defense! Imagine that. 2015 here we come.

Cowboyz1

A good one.

The season is finished for the Cowboys. A fortuitous call followed by perhaps the most pernicious play in Cowboys history ended our season. Think about it, Tony Romo was about to exorcise the elephant sized demons of picks past. On the verge of going into Lambeau Field and stare down the best QB in the NFL, on his home field, like bringing down the Roman Colosseum on fifty thousand Romans, a 4th and 2 career making pass had done the equivalent. Fifty thousand Cheese heads and millions of Cowboys fans, looked on as the fifty thousand in Lambeau Field began to shiver, while the stadium became unstable, as a cold thunderous blast of shock set in that the Cowboys were about to go up 2 perhaps 3. Then in a moment akin to Julius Caesar standing up, hushing the crowd, extending his arm, making a fist with his thumb extended about to judge. The referee steps onto the field, and switches on his mic.

In that moment, I thought three things. 1), it's a catch, if Murray scores, I win in fanduel (when I say win in fanduel, I mean ironically, "Cheese" in Fanduel), and 2)we're taking the lead and 3)Too bad we can't stop Rodgers. we're going to get beat today but man on man what if we had a defense?"

We all know what happened, we were robbed of watching a great game elevate to one of the greatest. Regardless of which side of the catch you find yourself, there is a part of every football fan that craves to witness greatness. We football fanatics love nothing better than to watch a great game go to the next level and it was about to in one play. A play that Romo has needed to make to be called clutch. A play that would give the Cowboys defense the boost needed to drag it's ragged self onto the field and face the Best Bad Man in the business killing you with 4 minutes, an eternity on the clock. A play that just may put the Dallas Cowboys into the Championship game. A play that catapults Dez into Prime status and could very well be dubbed Optumus after the game. We were denied the opportunity to see it ALL play out as Rogers takes the field down 2 or 3. When they overturned that call, like the dropping of Ceasars thumb, it was over. The game was killed, sucking all the life out of not only the Cowboys players and fans, but the defense that had played like gladiators but were no match for Rodgers this year.

With one leg, Rogers threw for 316 yards and 3 TDs. Practically couldn't move or reach the stretch hand off the entire first half. In the second, after some more "Treatment" the calf be damned. He picked us apart, unmolested. So even had the Cowboys scored on that ridiculous catch by Dez, the odds of stopping Rodgers at home was low. However, we were denied the chance to see it. We'll never get to see if the Cowboys could hold. If we could have force overtime. All of that went though my mind but I just kept thinking, what if we had a really good or great defense? One that can play at, or near Seattle's level?

Seattle is going to beat the Packers on Sunday even with an offense less potent then the Cowboys'. Even now I as many others feel as if the game was incomplete. As if the World Series was rained out in the 6th inning while the underdog had just gone on a 5 run rally to pull within 1 run and one of the players was going for the postseason record for hits. Although the favorite was crowned champion because by rule, the game was official after 5 1/2 innings. Nonetheless, everyone is left to only ponder what could have been, what should have been. A thief had somehow stolen the drama from the game, leaving me and everyone else with a jury summons to endless litigation. Defense was the only thing left. Many left with defending the catch, the Cowboys left to defending Rodgers, and me left with the thought of what if our defense was good enough to get to Rodgers?

I wonder, what if we had a defense that could and did stop offenses, good offenses. What if our Defense was as good as our Offense. With Marinelli signed, we have a full off season to focus exclusively on Defense. If we did nothing on offense but develop or find a right tackle and depth for the O line and spent the entire off season finding D linemen, and secondary players. What could this team achieve?

Cowboys fans, imagine this:

McClain, Lee, Carter, Hitchens at linebacker

Scandrick plus a better FS then Wilcox and better corners

Crawford, 2nd year Demarcus Lawrence and better linemen

So here I am, with 3 games left in the 2014 season to call my shot. The 2015 Dallas Cowboys will be in the Championship game next year.

Go Cowboys!

Edited by Cowboyz1

Who's gonna be your RB? I mean once you guys sign Dez to a monster contract, that leaves little meat on the bone for Murray. I heard somewhere that Jerry would like to bring in AP. That doesn't make much sense either. Regardless, if Murray walks, the starting RB for the Cowboys is not currently on the roster. The FA market is kind of thin with the likes of Moreno,Mathews,Ingram,Vareen,Ridley etc etc. J.Rodgers is interesting however.

Edited by tazinib1

Who's gonna be your RB? I mean once you guys sign Dez to a monster contract, that leaves little meat on the bone for Murray. I heard somewhere that Jerry would like to bring in AP. That doesn't make much sense either. Regardless, if Murray walks, the starting RB for the Cowboys is not currently on the roster. The FA market is kind of thin with the likes of Moreno,Mathews,Ingram,Vareen,Ridley etc etc. J.Rodgers is interesting however.

AP, your heard it from me.

AP, your heard it from me.

A good one.

The season is finished for the Cowboys. A fortuitous call followed by perhaps the most pernicious play in Cowboys history ended our season. Think about it, Tony Romo was about to exorcise the elephant sized demons of picks past. On the verge of going into Lambeau Field and stare down the best QB in the NFL, on his home field, like bringing down the Roman Colosseum on fifty thousand Romans, a 4th and 2 career making pass had done the equivalent. Fifty thousand Cheese heads and millions of Cowboys fans, looked on as the fifty thousand in Lambeau Field began to shiver, while the stadium became unstable, as a cold thunderous blast of shock set in that the Cowboys were about to go up 2 perhaps 3. Then in a moment akin to Julius Caesar standing up, hushing the crowd, extending his arm, making a fist with his thumb extended about to judge. The referee steps onto the field, and switches on his mic.

In that moment, I thought three things. 1), it's a catch, if Murray scores, I win in fanduel (when I say win in fanduel, I mean ironically, "Cheese" in Fanduel), and 2)we're taking the lead and 3)Too bad we can't stop Rodgers. we're going to get beat today but man on man what if we had a defense?"

We all know what happened, we were robbed of watching a great game elevate to one of the greatest. Regardless of which side of the catch you find yourself, there is a part of every football fan that craves to witness greatness. We football fanatics love nothing better than to watch a great game go to the next level and it was about to in one play. A play that Romo has needed to make to be called clutch. A play that would give the Cowboys defense the boost needed to drag it's ragged self onto the field and face the Best Bad Man in the business killing you with 4 minutes, an eternity on the clock. A play that just may put the Dallas Cowboys into the Championship game. A play that catapults Dez into Prime status and could very well be dubbed Optumus after the game. We were denied the opportunity to see it ALL play out as Rogers takes the field down 2 or 3. When they overturned that call, like the dropping of Ceasars thumb, it was over. The game was killed, sucking all the life out of not only the Cowboys players and fans, but the defense that had played like gladiators but were no match for Rodgers this year.

With one leg, Rogers threw for 316 yards and 3 TDs. Practically couldn't move or reach the stretch hand off the entire first half. In the second, after some more "Treatment" the calf be damned. He picked us apart, unmolested. So even had the Cowboys scored on that ridiculous catch by Dez, the odds of stopping Rodgers at home was low. However, we were denied the chance to see it. We'll never get to see if the Cowboys could hold. If we could have force overtime. All of that went though my mind but I just kept thinking, what if we had a really good or great defense? One that can play at, or near Seattle's level?

Seattle is going to beat the Packers on Sunday even with an offense less potent then the Cowboys'. Even now I as many others feel as if the game was incomplete. As if the World Series was rained out in the 6th inning while the underdog had just gone on a 5 run rally to pull within 1 run and one of the players was going for the postseason record for hits. Although the favorite was crowned champion because by rule, the game was official after 5 1/2 innings. Nonetheless, everyone is left to only ponder what could have been, what should have been. A thief had somehow stolen the drama from the game, leaving me and everyone else with a jury summons to endless litigation. Defense was the only thing left. Many left with defending the catch, the Cowboys left to defending Rodgers, and me left with the thought of what if our defense was good enough to get to Rodgers?

I wonder, what if we had a defense that could and did stop offenses, good offenses. What if our Defense was as good as our Offense. With Marinelli signed, we have a full off season to focus exclusively on Defense. If we did nothing on offense but develop or find a right tackle and depth for the O line and spent the entire off season finding D linemen, and secondary players. What could this team achieve?

Cowboys fans, imagine this:

McClain, Lee, Carter, Hitchens at linebacker

Scandrick plus a better FS then Wilcox and better corners

Crawford, 2nd year Demarcus Lawrence and better linemen

So here I am, with 3 games left in the 2014 season to call my shot. The 2015 Dallas Cowboys will be in the Championship game next year.

Go Cowboys!

wow you are a moron..

Romo did it again and you refuse to address him collapsing in the pocket SEVERAL times and fumbling and letting balls hit his face... jesus man come to grips with this already is 20 years later 12 with romo 8 win or go home losses and 2 playoff wins and 1 that was gift wrapped... dude stop

romo is the problem just address it

MY GOD they need to cut that loud mouth cancer cry baby dez

cut ROMO

and sign Murray to a longer term deal..

but they will let bill callahan walk and sign Jason Garrett to 5 more years :rofl::rofl::rofl:

you cant make it up

btw they wernt stopping rodgers no matter what stop dreaming

Sorry I stopped reading after the first 2 3 paragraphs where you continued to beat the dead horse about a play call that contributed to your losing. I guess somewhere in there was some bood analysis with added homerism about the bright future. (Which I can certainly see, good OL, very good pieces at the skill position and a defense of no names playing very good, and the coaching staff is back intact.)

Would have been much better if you just started off with talking about improving the defense.

Taz, about time...

Considering the Cowboys have roughly $13M of cap space, I find it almost impossible to sign both to contracts. Dez is going to command top 5 WR $ and even though Murray is 27yrs old, he too will command a hefty sum. The Cowboys are really hurt by almost $8M in dead money to top that off. Not to mention the other 21 FA's they will have to secure plus their rookie crop.....looks like a pretty big hurdle to me. Of course, I've seen worse situations pan out but still, Jerry is gonna have to do some creative chit to make it work. Using the FT on either one is gonna cost a pretty penny and piss them off.

Edited by tazinib1

I read somewhere how they can gain alot more room..reworking contracts, cuts etc. but I don't remember where. I'll see if I can find it later

They have the room once they rework several contracts. Jerry knows that he has a special group right now and is not about to upset the apple cart. Notice how quickly all the coaches were signed up. Jerry NEVER losses players he wants. If there is one thing about Jerry, he will do what it takes to win and if that means figuring out the cap and opening up the check book WIDE, it will be done. You can't call him cheap. We have a great staff now that does a good job evaluating talent. A couple of moves on Offense and a lot of defensive moves will have this team ready for 2015. I can't wait to see how it comes together.

Edited by Cowboyz1

and about 5 million others lol. Murray will be in Dallas next yr, so will Dez

Or...maybe not

It seems unlikely both Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray will be members of the Cowboys in 2015.

“Is it possible? Yes,” Jones said. “But if you just look at it from the standpoint of dollars and cents, it probably doesn’t look reasonable

It took 3 years to rebuild their o-line, and that was with them hitting on every one of their first round selections. That in itself is rare. There are more than 3 spots that need some big upgrading on their defense. It's not going to happen overnight. By the time that defense could get to the level of their offense, Romo will be 39 and all those o-linemen will be wanting to be paid at pro-bowl level. Just saying...

Edited by Tripleshot

It took 3 years to rebuild their o-line, and that was with them hitting on every one of their first round selections. That in itself is rare. There are more than 3 spots that need some big upgrading on their defense. It's not going to happen overnight. By the time that defense could get to the level of their offense, Romo will be 39 and all those o-linemen will be wanting to be paid at pro-bowl level. Just saying...

Make no mistake, I don't expect Dallas to go win the SB next yr or win 12 games for that matter. But I see reason for optimism. And I haven't felt that way in January since....idk when

Make no mistake, I don't expect Dallas to go win the SB next yr or win 12 games for that matter. But I see reason for optimism. And I haven't felt that way in January since....idk when

I think the hate is deep in many because many Cowboy fans are not grounded. However, tell me a team in their division that is better? I see a window though, and it is a year they can build off of.

If you have a great running game, a lot of other things can fall into place.

you have good reason to be optimistic my friend

• Like 1