[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The next Offensive Rookie of the Year

DMD

Hard to say! Maybe...

Historically it went to the best rookie RB but those years are gone now and the last RBs to win it was Cadillac Williams in 2005 and Adrian Peterson in 2007. Since then it is all QB or WR.

To refresh your memory:

PFWA selections

2013 - WR Keenan Allen (though AP had RB Eddie Lacy)

2012 - QB Robert Griffin

2011 - QB Cam Newton

2010 - QB Sam Bradford

2009 - WR Percy Harvin

2008 - QB Matt Ryan

So one of these top ranked rookie will likely take home the ROY. Things can obviously change a lot by April's draft and Sept. kickoff.

Quarterbacks

Jameis Winston So 6'3" 228 Florida St

Brett Hundley Jr 6'3" 227 UCLA

Marcus Mariota Jr 6'4" 211 Oregon

Running Backs

Melvin Gordon Jr 6'1" 207 Wisconsin

T.J. Yeldon Jr 6'2" 218 Alabama

Duke Johnson Jr 5'9" 194 Miami (FL)

Todd Gurley Jr 6'1" 232 Georgia

Mike Davis Jr 5'9" 216 South Carolina

Wide Receivers

Amari Cooper Jr 6'1" 205 Alabama

DeVante Parker Sr 6'2" 209 Louisville

Kevin White Sr 6'3" 209 West Virginia

Devin Funchess Jr 6'5" 235 Michigan

Sammie Coates Jr 6'2" 201 Auburn

(Sidenote - any decent NCAA player has 0% chance of staying for his Senior year apparently)

It does depend where they end up which is why I don't go overboard on research until I know where they are going to play. Any ideas who will shine? Amari Cooper gets a lot of press as does Jameis Winston (not always for good reasons).

Looking forward to this year's crop. The QBs were nothing special last year but the WR were some of the best maybe ever.

What one player could be a standout? Recent history says it will likely be a QB. And there is never any deep rookie surprises at the position anymore.

Really hard to tell before the draft, IMO. Cooper is studly, but several mocks have him going to Oakland - not exactly the best spot for ROY-caliber production. I could see Winston maybe winning it if he lands in Tampa and gets to work with the Jackson/Evans duo. Gordon and Gurley are both very possible winners depending on where they go.

If Trestmen gets the OC gig in Oakland, Carr shoots up the board and Cooper could have a monster year considering there isn't much to say about their WR corp. I'd love Gordons chances if he lands in SD. Personally I don't think any QB will have a ROY type impact this year.

Watch out for Funchess. Big bodied kid kind of in the Kelvin Benjamin mold. If he gets drafted by a halfway decent team with a need for a red zone threat, he could be a big surprise.

+1. Also like Benjamin, he can occasionally get the dropsies, but in a good situation he could make an impact right away. Some mocks have him going to the Pats.

It's going to be hard for this WR class to live up to last year's, but I still really like several of the guys in this year's crop.

I'm not sure we see a WR class like last year again for a long time. Their are several guys that have yet to make an impact. It could possibly go down as the best WR class of all time when all is said and done

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 2

As much as i hate the Cowboys, this kids injury is gonna drop him in the draft......Todd Gurley Jr 6'1" 232 Georgia.....imagine that kinda talent behind their line? Hell any top 5 college back behind those guys could win OROY. Murray walks $$$ and the Boyz draft their next legend. This from a giants fan with a lot of hate for the big blue texas star.

• Like 1

As much as i hate the Cowboys, this kids injury is gonna drop him in the draft......Todd Gurley Jr 6'1" 232 Georgia.....imagine that kinda talent behind their line? Hell any top 5 college back behind those guys could win OROY. Murray walks $$$ and the Boyz draft their next legend. This from a giants fan with a lot of hate for the big blue texas star.

I like this kid and behind the Cowboy's O-line would definitely be a monster. I expect either Murray to leave or get hurt next year so I would target Gurley in the draft next year for sure if this happens.

If Dallas doesn't draft defense in the 1st rd ...they're moranic

I'm not sure we see a WR class like last year again for a long time. Their are several guys that have yet to make an impact. It could possibly go down as the best WR class of all time when all is said and done

We will NEVER see a class like this again:

Watkins

Evans

Beckham

Cooks

Benjamin

Lee

Matthews

Richardson

Adams

Latimer

Robinson

Landry

Moncrief

Brown

Ellington

Bryant

That's 16 rosterable WR and I am sure there will be a few more from this class that will pop up next year after a year under their belt.