[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots vs. Colts

bud29

Indy absolutely cannot stop the run. If they somehow make it to the SB, they're going to be eaten alive by Lynch.

Edited by bud29

I'm having trouble getting into it as well, mainly because it's hard to envision a scenario where NE loses this one. I guess crazier things have happened, as evidenced by the previous game, but this just has the feel of an impending blowout.

Anyone else find it strange/stupid that the West Coast game was early and the East Coast game is late?

Yup.

Blount killing it on the ground, let's throw it 3 times 1st n goal :wacko:

Very questionable playcalling, but I won't complain. :) Indy isn't in an awful position going into the break, but that defense is going to need to play its best 30 minutes of the season here if they want to win.

Colts cannot do anything about the run

Yeah, it's kind of sad. I guess with NE, there's at least a chance of a good SB....Lynch would absolutely feast on that porous Indy run D.

Good season Colts. It lasted one week longer than I thought it would. Young team that is taking steps each year. They'll be back. Need the AFC Championship game in Indy! Next year!

Super Bowl should be a really good one! Two really good teams with good defenses, offenses, running games, passing games, and special teams. Should be fun!

Anyone else find it strange/stupid that the West Coast game was early and the East Coast game is late?

Strange yes, but the conf champ games are on regular rotation so each network (CBS/Fox) gets the late game every other year. Not sure how long that's been that way, but with the kickoffs set for 3PM/6:30PM it works for any team to host that game since a west coast game can start at 12 noon local time.

I believe that before when games were more like usual Sunday games (1/4 kickoffs), if a game was played in Pacific time zone it had to go late.

And since the later game on Sundays get better ratings (including SNF, and why SB is on late) they want/need rotation to keep the packages more equal (Fox/NFC is still worth lots more).

Did not know that

Yep, next year Fox should have the late Conf Champ game, and it could feature a team like DEN or SD hosting.

There may be some more changes coming as the playoff schedule sees some adjustments, this year ESPN got a WC game, while NBC lost a WC game and gained a division game (which came from CBS). Next year if there's still only 12 teams it would make sense for Fox to lose that divisional game. But with the potential to have 14 teams, and then likely 6 games in WC weekend its hard to say how the games will get split up.

There's also a fixed 3 year rotation for the SB between CBS/Fox/NBC in case people were not aware. ESPN still doesn't have a shot at a SB game, but that may come someday (seems unlikely with greatly reduced ratings on ESNP over those 3, and ESPN doesn't put their top events on ABC).

Much of this is part of the current TV contracts, but the NFL has some wiggle room (that allowed them to make changes for ESPN to have playoffs). Oh and if people didn't know, ESPN paid $100 million for that one playoff game they had.