[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you rather lose like the Packers did today? Or the Colts?

CaptainHook

For the Colts, it just wasn't there day and things got ugly fast. For the Packers, it was 19-7 and there was like 9 minutes to go in the game and they allowed the Seahawks to tie it with seconds left and then lose in overtime without touching the ball. Heart-breaking for the team and fans alike.

But you could say the Packers are a competitive team that took the reigning champs to the wire.

...And that's what makes it sting. They could be there, they had it in their grasp, and they let it slip away. When you get blown out, you realize you got outplayed and have work to do. Demoralizing, but not the kind of nutkick like what the Pack went through.

Lose like the Pack. At least they played hard for most of the game and lost because of 2-4 plays. The Colts were severely outclassed and will need to make some major changes if they want to get back to the AFC title game and eventually the Super Bowl.

9 minutes? More like 3.

You know what, I saw that they were leading 19-7 at the 9 minute mark but you're right. The Seahawks scored with a little over 2 minutes I think and then recovered the onside kick, which went right through Bostick's hands and then bounced off his facemask and into the Seattle player's hands.

Gut-wrenching!!! There's no question that I'd rather lose the way the Colts did, when you have no shot, it's just a complete disappointment and letdown. You know you got beat by a better team. The Packers are a better team than the Seahawks and outplayed them all game long and they just gave it up in the end, barely. Again, Seattle forcing GB to kick those early FGs came back to bite them. If just one of them is a TD instead, the Pack are in the SB. If Bostick catches the onside kick, the Pack is in the SB.

Sickening!!

Meh..Seattle turned the ball over 5 times and Green Bay still couldn't win. This was Russel Wilson's worst game in his career....it was a gift that wasn't taken.

Yeah but no team, especially with how poorly Wilson had played, how much of a lead the Pack had, and how little time remained should give up 15 pts to lose the game.

Disgusting finish for the Pack.

Losing is losing - but just like Hook and most other Colts fans - we aren't stupid. I had zero expectations today - don't get me wrong - losing still sucks - but it didn't come as a shock as our season realistically should have ended last week - the better team lost in Denver.

I am happy with the Colts season though - a lot to build on - but until they can figure out how to run the ball and how to stop the run it's gonna be the same result year after year as it has been for a long time now.

With that said I'd rather lose a game in the first half as we did today - it doesn't suck as much when you have the game won, but the hands team can't get their hands around the ball..

As a Vikings fan I can speak about this with experience. I experienced the 98 loss to Atlanta and the 2009 loss to the Saints. Both of those were way more painful than 41-0 loss to the Giants in the 2000 season. You tend to forget the blow out games not the close ones.

As a Vikings fan I can speak about this with experience. I experienced the 98 loss to Atlanta and the 2009 loss to the Saints. Both of those were way more painful than 41-0 loss to the Giants in the 2000 season. You tend to forget the blow out games not the close ones.

This. The Chiefs' 45-44 choke against Indy in the playoffs last year hurt much worse than the 30-7 drubbing we took from the Ravens in 2011. It's one thing for the game to never be close, but quite another to have a big lead and piss it away.

This. The Chiefs' 45-44 choke against Indy in the playoffs last year hurt much worse than the 30-7 drubbing we took from the Ravens in 2011. It's one thing for the game to never be close, but quite another to have a big lead and piss it away.

exactly, by my experience the close games you get very emotionally involved. If a game is a blow out your not invested, it's a man this sucks reaction but you're over it before the game even ends.

Edited by Finn5033

But you could say the Packers are a competitive team that took the reigning champs to the wire. They are close to being a SB contender. The Colts are not.

That's how I would see it. Sure the Packers loss stings more now, knowing how close you were, one or two things go differently here and there and you easily win. While the Colts were just outmatched and totally dominated so you knew you were going to lose at halftime.

But a couple days later when you reflect on the season, GB is much closer to a SB win than IND.

Still :kicksrock: so i go with Indy

Yeah, I don't even see how anyone would rather lose the way the Packers did. That's the kind of haunting, heart-breaking loss that sticks with you forever.