[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl XLIX

Shorttynaz

You guys saying 90% of the Seahawks fans just showed up in 2012 can get bent. We've always been here, 90% of YOU other fans just realized we were here in 2012. Glad I could clear that up for y'all.

Do not discount or dismiss the pain and heartbreak sports fans in the Pacific Northwest have endured. As a 30 year old Canucks and Seahawks fan I know the taste of defeat and disappointment all to well. Let me tell you it tastes like Honda.

So, go Seahawks, ya benders!

Ok I've got to ask, since I'm not so hip and into all the cool terms used today, what the hell are Heehawks and why do you use that term instead of their actual name?

:pc: Referred to their nickname when they were bad, but he still uses it.

^This.

I've been calling them the heehawks since I was a teenager when they absolutely stunk up the room. Not many people use it, but I thought it might be funny to use as my call sign here at the Huddle. Been using it since I signed up over ten years ago.

Definitely true in Vancouver bc, all of a sudden everyone I know is a Seahawks fan. A few years ago I wouldn't be able to get my friends to turn off a meaningless hockey game to watch playoff football. Now, the same friends are suddenly lifelong Seahawks fans, and breathe nfl football. Go figure

• Like 1

Definitely true in Vancouver bc, all of a sudden everyone I know is a Seahawks fan. A few years ago I wouldn't be able to get my friends to turn off a meaningless hockey game to watch playoff football. Now, the same friends are suddenly lifelong Seahawks fans, and breathe nfl football. Go figure

But you tell me to get bent? Ya damn canuks - share some of that green stuff! :) Edited by Shorttynaz

I saw a funny post elswhere of a fellow Broncos fan rooting for the Pats to dominate for 55 minutes and once the Seattle fans leave the stadium early the Seahawks pull a miracle comeback victory. That way no fans in attendance are happy.

I could dig that.

• Like 1

Hoping for an entertaining, close game. It'd be cool to see a SB go to OT finally... As for which team, I guess the Patriots since somehow I just feel like Seattle didn't earn their way to the SB but got serious miraculous help.

But the Pats are cheaters, this is a tough one for neutral fans. (I agree with your feeling SEA really lucked into that win, sure they played good and did a lot, but they benefited by many errors and poor play in the last minutes of the game.)

I've been listening to some local and national sports talk shows - seems like a lot of people are saying the Patriots are really going to struggle against the Seattle secondary. No one however is bring up the fact that New England also has a pretty damn good secondary themselves. All I'm saying is - if Seattle turns the ball over 5 times against the Patriots (like they did against GB), it's curtains for a back-to-back championship.

Edited by Shorttynaz

General disdain for the Seahawks/ Really? I see more Seahawks jerseys/parphanalia now than ever before in my life. I would guess their national popularity is sky high :unsure:

Pats 23, Seahawks 17

Two of the teams I hate most in the NFL. Can't give a rats ass who wins this game, though seeing Brady lose it would be at least a little satisfying. Only thing I care about I that I hit a square or two somewhere. Meh and double meh.

Well get ready for a BUF / MIN Superbowl next years

The general disdain for the Seahawks is an odd yet awesome sentiment for this homer to get used to. I hope every fan of every team gets to experience this perspective at least once in their lifetime.

Take it as a compliment. No one hated the Seahawks until the last couple of years.

• Like 1

I saw a funny post elswhere of a fellow Broncos fan rooting for the Pats to dominate for 55 minutes and once the Seattle fans leave the stadium early the Seahawks pull a miracle comeback victory. That way no fans in attendance are happy.

I could dig that.

Except that after what happened in the championship game, I doubt anyone would leave early. My vote would be for one team to be down by five late in the game, hit a big play, and a sinkhole would open under the ball carrier at about the five yard line as time expires. Watching him trying to claw his way out to get to the goal line before the defense jumped in there with him would be awesome!

• Like 2

The general disdain for the Seahawks is an odd yet awesome sentiment for this homer to get used to. I hope every fan of every team gets to experience this perspective at least once in their lifetime.

Agree its a bit of a compliment or sign of success. But its more than that, there need to be players that people don't like (Sherman, Carrol, etc) and the annoying fans that are all suddenly "Whoo-hoo, greatest team ever." "This season is just a formality" etc.

The Saints won a SB, don't remember a lot of hatred or disdain for them, ditto the Giants and their 2 SB. Other than the Pats and Steelers I cannot remember a recent SB winner that has a lot of haters. I doubt if the Browns won a SB (ok stop laughing everybody) they wouldn't be hated. Well maybe if JF was involed. But generally they have very loyal and die hard fans, and lots of them (Browns Backers clubs are all over the country). Some fans may be A-holes if we win, but the majority would be recovering from heart attacks and just relieved we finally won a title.