[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl XLIX

Shorttynaz

Agree its a bit of a compliment or sign of success. But its more than that, there need to be players that people don't like (Sherman, Carrol, etc) and the annoying fans that are all suddenly "Whoo-hoo, greatest team ever." "This season is just a formality" etc.

Agree it's a combination; but no way does the hate come without the success. The dislike wasn't there before last year. I have no doubt the brash cockiness of multiple players like Lynch, Sherman, Baldwin, + the rah rah of Carroll creates easy villains when they become the best team on the planet. But, as noted, I've never had the opportunity to cheer for "that" team. And it's exceeds expectations.

As far as broad brushing an entire fan base, because Seahawks21 started a thread you don't like; that's on you.

• Like 3

Agree it's a combination; but no way does the hate come without the success. The dislike wasn't there before last year. I have no doubt the brash cockiness of multiple players like Lynch, Sherman, Baldwin, + the rah rah of Carroll creates easy villains when they become the best team on the planet. But, as noted, I've never had the opportunity to cheer for "that" team. And it's exceeds expectations.

As far as broad brushing an entire fan base, because Seahawks21 started a thread you don't like; that's on you.

He is far from the only annoying Seahawks fan I have encountered.

Yes, every fan base is going to have it's share of annoying fans; and it will get amplified when their respective teams are winning. But, if you and Howbout find the 'my fan base is better than your fan base' a legitimate adult like topic for dicussion...more power to you guys.

Yes, every fan base is going to have it's share of annoying fans; and it will get amplified when their respective teams are winning. But, if you and Howbout find the 'my fan base is better than your fan base' a legitimate adult like topic for dicussion...more power to you guys.

You're missing the point. The 'broadbrushing the entire fanbase because of 1 poster" part was pretty hilarious due to the fact that this board (at least a lot of it) has broadbrushed the entire fanbase of the Cowboys due to 1 poster who blows his wad when they win a game or 2. Your post struck me funny because of that is all.

You're missing the point. The 'broadbrushing the entire fanbase because of 1 poster" part was pretty hilarious due to the fact that this board (at least a lot of it) has broadbrushed the entire fanbase of the Cowboys due to 1 poster who blows his wad when they win a game or 2. Your post struck me funny because of that is all.

Fair enough. For all of Cowboyz wordiness and blind homerism; I personally find him likable. And still, the volume of pro Cowboys drivel on this forum is probably at least tenfold to that for the Seahawks. And if you compare the bandwidth form boyz1 to Hawks21; it's probably closer to 100 to 1.

Fair enough. For all of Cowboyz wordiness and blind homerism; I personally find him likable. And still, the volume of pro Cowboys drivel on this forum is probably at least tenfold to that for the Seahawks. And if you compare the bandwidth form boyz1 to Hawks21; it's probably closer to 100 to 1.

Cowboyz1 is just a blind homer who loves his team. Granted, I usually can't read his entire post because they just go on forever, but of what I've read, he never comes off as an arrogant jackass.

• Like 1

Today a Seahawks fan made a comment when challenged that they have many bandwagon fans "We had some lean years, but we are now playing in our 3rd Super Bowl in the last 10 years, the only ones to do that." I guess he forgot about the Pats, who are now playing in their 3rd in 8 years (and won 3 in 4 years prior to that first SB appearance by the Seahawks in 2006 (SB XL loss to PIT).

Just another example. And yes every fanbase has bad fans, met plenty of those on the Browns side when I had season tickets and read their nonsense online plenty.

Cowboyz1 is just a blind homer who loves his team. Granted, I usually can't read his entire post because they just go on forever, but of what I've read, he never comes off as an arrogant jackass.

Well said and so true.

I don't see much comparison between myself and Cowboyz1. Those that have been here for quite some time will attest to the fact that I am anything but a blind homer. I am typically quite pessimistic about the Seahawks. I call it like I see it for all teams, including the Seahawks. CB1 will try to convince himself that a 4-12 Cowboys team was a few breaks away from going 12-4. Not my style.

I will go as far as to say that if any team had as much of a talent advantage over the next closest team as the Seahawks have, I would have had a similar "the season is a formality" post about that team. I don't know that I have ever seen a team with so much more talent than everybody else, sans maybe a few Cowboys teams 5-8 years ago. Unfortunately, we are playing the one and only team in the NFL that may have enough coaching and QB play to trump the talent discrepancy.

I'm still quite confident, but nowhere near the level I was going into the Super Bowl last year. I may get there. I don't think NE can realistically score many points against us, but I also see us having a heckuva time putting up many points. I expect NE to flood the box and play man on the outside, and I'm not certain Seattle is going to be able to do anything about it. Russell's legs could be the difference. You know Brady wants to get back at Sherman for the "You mad bro?" thing, so hopefully that causes a foolish throw.

The Seahawks as a whole still have one of the least knowledgeable fanbases in the NFL. A huge portion of their fanbase watched their first pro football game during the 2005 season. A ton more have come along since Carroll. The local news team went to the stadium before the last playoff game and asked fans basic GED Seahawks trivia questions and not a single question was answered correctly. Easy stuff, like, who wears #54? (All-pro MLB Bobby Wagner). People mispronounce the names, and get huge erections for Russell Wilson. Still pretty embarrassing. I miss living on the east coast. The average Eagles fan knows more about the Seahawks than the average Seahawks fan. We make up for our lack of knowledge by being as loud as humanly possible.

Edited by Seahawks21

Today a Seahawks fan made a comment when challenged that they have many bandwagon fans "We had some lean years, but we are now playing in our 3rd Super Bowl in the last 10 years, the only ones to do that." I guess he forgot about the Pats, who are now playing in their 3rd in 8 years (and won 3 in 4 years prior to that first SB appearance by the Seahawks in 2006 (SB XL loss to PIT).

Just another example. And yes every fanbase has bad fans, met plenty of those on the Browns side when I had season tickets and read their nonsense online plenty.

He forgot about the Steelers too. (Win in 2005 & 2008, Loss to Packers in 2010) :)

The Seahawks as a whole still have one of the least knowledgeable fanbases in the NFL. A huge portion of their fanbase watched their first pro football game during the 2005 season. A ton more have come along since Carroll. The local news team went to the stadium before the last playoff game and asked fans basic GED Seahawks trivia questions and not a single question was answered correctly. Easy stuff, like, who wears #54? (All-pro MLB Bobby Wagner). People mispronounce the names, and get huge erections for Russell Wilson. Still pretty embarrassing. I miss living on the east coast. The average Eagles fan knows more about the Seahawks than the average Seahawks fan. We make up for our lack of knowledge by being as loud as humanly possible.

That's just flat out embarrassing. So the Seahawks really don't have many fans they have willing, loud donators.

• Like 1

He forgot about the Steelers too. (Win in 2005 & 2008, Loss to Packers in 2010) :)

And somehow I missed that as well, didn't notice the 2010 loss to GB, guess I just expected all their appearances to be in the win column.

Is there a team that has been in the SB and never lost a SB? I know the 49ers had that distinction until their loss in SB XLVII to Baltimre (2013).

Hmm Saints won their only appearance, ditto Bucs. Ravens won their only 2 SBs.

I'm thinking he may have forgot another one too...

I was assuming he meant over the last 10 years. If he is going back to the beginning of the Super Bowl era, then quite a few were missed.

I was assuming he meant over the last 10 years. If he is going back to the beginning of the Super Bowl era, then quite a few were missed.

Yes I was only looking at SB appearances in the past 10 years, since that was the magical window the Seahawks fan posted about. I do know Cowboys appeared (and won) 3 in 4 years, Broncos, Bills and various other teams had 3 appearances in a 10 year span

As for the teams to win all their SB appearances I did look at the entire history and think I got them all (Saints, Bucs, Ravens). Oops, missed the Jets, won only appearance in SB III. I won't count the LA Raiders single appearance and win, since they had appearances and lost as Oakland Raiders.