[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stand by for "DeflationGate"

tazinib1

Regardless of how bad they beat the Colts and could have beaten them with regulation or over-inflated footballs, if they DID alter the footballs, it is cheating and man, does that look really bad for the Patriots.

There are still people who believe they would not have won the Super Bowl without Spygate. Now, if THIS is true and they do beat the Seahawks, it will taint their wins, in some eyes, even more.

I am all for competitive edges and bending of rules, but once you break them, your credibility is lost.

I continue to lose more and more respect for a guy that should go down as one of, if not the best, coaches ever. It's a shame really.

This is similar for me . As good as he is and what he has accomplished , too many smears have come up against him and things that he has done

Not going to sit high and righteous on my honesty is best tower, so here we go, cheating is part of every sport in the world. Some individuals, teams and actual sports are better at it than others. Most rules are made to thwart the competitive nature of athletes? So as humans get bigger and stronger, faster and most of all physically superior to most. People will chase the competitive advantage, right or wrong? This was an obvious rules violation but was it the worse one all year? Probably not, they just got caught. I am not a purest, nor do I approve of cheating, but to Quote CC "Cmon Man!". We have become a society of under achievers looking the easy way? IF ITS FREE IT'S FOR ME MANTALITY? Everyone looks for angles, its just the moral dilemma, "To cheat or not?" I choose "NOT".

Edited by IrishPride

Oh come on now. It's just pure coincidence...

I respect the Patriots' long run of excellence, but I have to wonder why they had to resort to spygate and now this. There's only one place to point the finger and that's Belichick. He is the best single game planning coach in the NFL but he's put a taint on his accomplishments with all this crap that wasn't even necessary in the first place.

• Like 1

I saw on SC that the teams inflate the balls to wherever they want inside the range and then give them to the refs. This occurs sometime during the week. The refs are supposed to check the balls to make sure they are inflated within the range. Then the teams get the balls back a few hours before game time and are told not to alter them. Gimme a break. The NFL is just asking for it with rules like that.

Why not just have the teams inflate them, turn them over to the refs and let the refs keep control of the balls? Seems like cheating was bound to happen eventually. I'm sure it's already happened before.

So I'm guessing some draft picks are gonna be stripped, a fine and/or suspension for Belichic and some pretty awesome Fan signs in the future. I wonder if they will censor those signs during the SB.

Edited by tazinib1