[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stand by for "DeflationGate"

tazinib1

http://www.bostonglo...saeO/story.html

What am I missing. I'm tired and really don't care anymore

From the linked article, notice it says ESPN not NFL.

According to ESPN, 11 of the 12 game balls were found to be underinflated by about 2 pounds each. The NFL specifications say they must be inflated to 12½ to 13½ pounds.

What you're missing is the media continues to create misleading reports, if they do this with trivial honda like sports I wonder what they do with hard news. Somebody reported 11 of 12 balls were 2 PSI low, but the NFL never made that statement. Many of us fell for it and thought it was a fact, since so many news outlets reported it. But they were all simply parroting the same incorrect report.

Every single report that has come out about this whole issue is based on reporters and their "sources", except for one: Dean Blandino, the chief of officiating said that the balls were checked and approved by officials prior to the game. They were not measured with a meter for PSI. The NFL has not issued a statement regarding their ridiculous investigation yet, and yet God and everyone has weighed in with ultimatums for what the real truth is.

I love that hearsay that proves your point is valid, while hearsay that contradicts it is made up.

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

Every single report that has come out about this whole issue is based on reporters and their "sources", except for one: Dean Blandino, the chief of officiating said that the balls were checked and approved by officials prior to the game. They were not measured with a meter for PSI. The NFL has not issued a statement regarding their ridiculous investigation yet, and yet God and everyone has weighed in with ultimatums for what the real truth is.

I love that hearsay that proves your point is valid, while hearsay that contradicts it is made up.

Have a nice day.

Welcome to my world. Be thankful it's just the media and not NFL executives adding to the BS as well. I think they finally learned to keep their mouths shut with the Ray Rice fiasco.

Have a nice day.

Welcome back!! :tup:

• 3 weeks later...

free agency starts in two weeks?

March 10 from what I read now, 2 weeks from yesterday, at 4PM.

It should be a pretty dead 2 weeks, good time to hand down some punishments. Been hearing for weeks now that Browns GM farmer will get his, but that hasn't happened yet either.

That's what I thought. You cannot tell me that they have been working on it daily for the last six weeks. They had it already done by the Super Bowl I would imagine.