[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Trade...

sksmith

16-team league, salary cap/contract format, 5 round rookie draft...

What round pick would you take in exchange for Bobby Wagner?

I've done some pretty good finagling with a team takeover, but previous owner traded away a bunch of this years' draft picks and I'm down to simply round 1.

Moving him would deplete me at LB, clear a ton of cap space, and give me a later round pick (current offer is round 5, straight up). There's some pretty good guys available when FAA rolls around and any rooks that don't get drafted will be open to blind bidding after.

That late of a round an undersell and push for higher round? (the other team is offering to take the full cap hit, though) Or is round 5 fair?

Without understanding the scoring, the cap, if his salary is over-priced and how long he has left I would want way more than a 5th.

If LBs are drafted in the late first and if he is a top 5-10 LB then he would be worth a late first or 2nd round pick. IMO. Unless you really need to dump him for cap reason, which I'm not seeing then I would take less though go back and look at what was taken in the 5th round last year in a 16 team IDP draft. Pretty much crap

No need to dump him cap-wise, he's just one of my most valuable IDPs that could garner attention on the market (not much action to speak of in this league when it comes to the IDP side)

I "want" to have more picks in the draft, but don't want to sacrifice too much to get back in either. Maybe push for a swap of Perry Riley and round 4 for Wags? Team doesn't have round 3 to go after, so round 2 would be next goal for straight up?

I wouldn't trade away good players just to get some magic beans.

If you don't have picks, so be it. You should really go back and look at prior drafts and see what type of players were going in rounds 3-5. You aren't missing out on much