[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think Lynch actually has social anxiety?

Finn5033

Seems to me that he likes the attention

Completely disagree.

He went 4 years without saying a word to the media and generally avoiding publicity. After multiple fines this season, he then started this repetitive answer game. He may be making a point and relishing in that; but his past behavior isn't indicative of someone who likes attention.

Edited by Bobby Brown

I find his commitment to prescribed form of protest very impressive...and funny. I've seen a few of his repetitive answer sessions and there's no waiver in his approach; never that look in his eye that shows he's in on it.

I know it's part of the CBA and his "job", but I've also no love-loss for the pestering methods of the media. If he's cool with getting fined, more power to him. You'd think they'd get bored with it eventually, but they just gotta poke...they're waiting, hoping, praying for him to crack and lash out at this point

While I agree that no one should be forced to talk, it is part of their job. You can go two routes: be like F that, or respectfully answer questions in a round about way, ala Jeter. These guys get paid a lot of money. They get paid by the league (maybe not enough for the danger they are in, different argument) but that league has its own agenda. He shouldn't be wearing other products and stuff. Others follow the rules, he should too. It's gotten old fast. I know Seattle fans want to say leave him along. If he was my team's guy, I'd still say he acts like an imbeccible.

• Like 1

It's in his contract to talk to the media. Not sure if this is a required condition in all NFL players' contracts, but if the toolbox doesn't want to be required to talk to the media then he needs to get his agent to step up and pull this condition out of his contract.

It's in his contract to talk to the media. Not sure if this is a required condition in all NFL players' contracts, but if the toolbox doesn't want to be required to talk to the media then he needs to get his agent to step up and pull this condition out of his contract.

yeah, its really not that difficult to figure out. I guess he just likes paying fines

I don't know if he's in the ballpark for HOF consideration, but he could find it extremely difficult if he's a fringe candidate. Voters don't take kindly to that crap. I watched his live bullhonda session and found it repulsive when he was asked to say a few words of encouragement to kids at Children's hospital. Utterly disgusting. Do they really know why you're there mister? Some of those kids are dying. You think they give a rats ass about your pathetic stand?

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 2

He's still going to get fined:

http://espn.go.com/n...day-sources-say

But it has nothing to do with him speaking or not, or what he said. But some hat he wore which may not be from an approved sponsor. (Nobody will like that either, complaining that the NFL treats the players like slaves or some nonsense.)

I am not so sure that appearing with the media isn't a part of the CBA.

I have always heard that it was, and therefore part of something that every NFL player agrees to. But then they also agree to numerous other rules that they regularly break.

I don't know if he's in the ballpark for HOF consideration, but he could find it extremely difficult if he's a fringe candidate. Voters don't take kindly to that crap. I watched his live bullhonda session and found it repulsive when he was asked to say a few words of encouragement to kids at Children's hospital. Utterly disgusting. Do they really know why you're there mister? Some of those kids are dying. You think they give a rats ass about your pathetic stand?

Lyle Alzado was a roided up raging lunatic on the field. But he always made time for the kids and was generally a great guy according to his friends and teammates. Lynch is just being a tool, and enjoying the publicity he gets over it. (Like that guy you know who just loves getting under your skin.)

Don't see that happening, that is, any team not allowing that.

But it has nothing to do with him speaking or not, or what he said. But some hat he wore which may not be from an approved sponsor. (Nobody will like that either, complaining that the NFL treats the players like slaves or some nonsense.)

I know it's from that. But it makes sense. The NFL has an interest in protecting their sponsors. They in turn pay players. Just the way it is. Lynch gets paid a lot of money. Just show up and talk a little. He doesn't have to share his life story if he doesn't want to. It doesn't have to be 40 minutes. It's gotten old.

Didn't see that. Yeah, that's ridiculous, wow. I mean come on, really?

You can go two routes: be like F that, or respectfully answer questions in a round about way, ala Jeter.

Apparently you can go the third route; the Lynch option. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL change the rules next year regarding players to sincerely answer questions.

As far as charity work; dude does a lot of stuff in Seattle and Oakland.

Media stories over these two weeks are f'n ridiculous. These media days are the most ridiculous, most over-hyped events in the pro sports. If fans want to get sand in their baginas over how these inane questions are answered; then so be it.

I'm ready for the game.

I also think if he wasn't a Seahawk you'd admit he's acting like a spoiled rotten immature moran..but maybe I'm wrong

Is sksmith a Hawks fan? Apparently he doesn't get it either.

As a general NFL fan, I've never been one to get annoyed by hijinks from guys lik TO; or to a lesser extent guys like Dez Bryant. I simply found it easy to ignore and/or even found entertainment value in it.

Lynch's crotch grabbing act is a different story; personally I find it child-like and indefinsible; and wish he'd stop.

But, the way he handles the media...I'm a fan. I don't relate how it gets under some people's skin; but whatevah. :shrug:

I had heard about how he handled Tuesday and Wednesday but hadn't actually heard it because I just don't care and don't pay attention to any of this overblown hype to the game. But this morning I did actually hear a clip from his media time yesterday and my god he does sound like a flippin moron. I am surprised that so many people back him on this because if he is trying to make a point, or thinks he is pulling one over on the NFL and media I don't see it. To me it just sounds like he doesn't want to talk because he can barely speak English. That being said, it's just another thing that the media is running with trying to fill the time before the game.

Edited by Finn5033