[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think Lynch actually has social anxiety?

Finn5033

Let me say I love watching this guy play, how could you not? But do you Lynch backers still think this guy actually has some sort of social anxiety issues? Or is he just a closet attention whore that can't help himself? I'm not hating, just curious

http://espn.go.com/n...-shunning-media

Edited by Finn5033

On the field he is a game changing beast. I really havent paid very close attention to what he is doing with the media although I do see it is a topic every week. One thing I just cant get on board with as far as lynch is grabbing his sack in the endzone after every td. I am no Saint or a prude or anything I just think its so frigging stupid and serves no purpose

• Like 2

On the field he is a game changing beast. I really havent paid very close attention to what he is doing with the media although I do see it is a topic every week. One thing I just cant get on board with as far as lynch is grabbing his sack in the endzone after every td. I am no Saint or a prude or anything I just think its so frigging stupid and serves no purpose

Ya I don't understand that either.

I don't give a honda. I despise the media who feel entitled to be anywhere and ask anything so I support Lynch in his anti-media campaign, despite what the CBA says.

This

meh...I have to do things every day at work that I'd rather not, and I don't get paid near as much as these players

Exactly, and you likely cannot snub your nose at those requirements and be snarky doing it while getting a slap on the wrist and keeping your job.

Plus the media and their coverage of the game greatly contribute to the overall interest and $$$$ that come in because of that.

No media access, less interest, less $$$ and that is why players are required to be available to the media.

• Like 1

Do you have to do things at work every day that you don't like with all of America looking on?

nope. But I didnt choose to be a professional athlete, knowing full well when I made that decision that everything I do on game days (and often other work days too)will be on national television. And I'm also not being paid millions of dollars

Do you have to do things at work every day that you don't like with all of America looking on?

Talking to the media is part of his job. If he can't handle it, he needs to get a doctor to sign off on that as a disability or go find another job.

I've always been skeptical of any kind of social anxiety disorder mostly because of the ridiculous way he acts when he does do interviews. But, it is his money, if he wants to piss it all away just so he can thumb his nose at the NFL & media then more power to him. I also agree with Grits that it's ridiculous the way the media hounds players & coaches for just a single quote or sound bite that they can twist & contort into some idiotic soap opera.

• Like 1

I've always been skeptical of any kind of social anxiety disorder mostly because of the ridiculous way he acts when he does do interviews. But, it is his money, if he wants to piss it all away just so he can thumb his nose at the NFL & media then more power to him. I also agree with Grits that it's ridiculous the way the media hounds players & coaches for just a single quote or sound bite that they can twist & contort into some idiotic soap opera.

agree

Talking to the media is part of his job. If he can't handle it, he needs to get a doctor to sign off on that as a disability or go find another job.

Agree with this as well. If he's going to use this as an excuse then he should actually get diagnosed for it, otherwise he's just using someone's actual disability to his advantage.

• Like 1

Has he personally used that as an excuse though?

For the record, he can be "all bout that action" and be mute for all I care.

Where did it come from if not him? And, even if it didn't come from him, has he ever denied having it knowing that people use that excuse for his actions?

I don't know if he has ever used it as an excuse or not. But correct me if I am wrong, for him to deny it he would have to have a conversation with the media - something he doesn't do.

Personally I don't think he gives a honda what the media says or does and only interfaces with them when he is hand is forced.

He definitely has some issues. The year after he got to Seattle, they put him on with Steve Raible and Warren Moon during a preseason game. It was the second most awkward interview I've ever heard. It was like Moon and Raible were speaking a different language, and Marshawn just didnt understand.

A few weeks later, the most awkward interview I've ever heard. Mitch Levy, our local sportsradio morning guy (known as one of the best interviewers in the country), tried to conduct an interview with Marshawn. I've never heard anything like it. The answers given were completely unrelated to the questions. It would have been akin to:

Q: "What color is the sky?"

A: "Cheerios are very nutritious."

It was that odd. After Lynch hung up, Levy's quote was "I'm not sure we ever really got on the same page in that interview, but there he is ladies and genlemen." My contention is that the Seahawks PR department pulled the plug right after that interview. You haven't really heard any interviews with him since, sans the Mike-Rob interview a few weeks ago, which actually wasn't bad. My personal conspiracy theory is that the Seahawks have told him not to talk and have paid any and all fines.

My wife has white-coat syndrome. She sees a doctor in a white coat, her blood pressure starts racing, her throat becomes dry, and she gets dizzy. It is pretty easy for me to imagine that Marshawn has something similar to this when speaking in public situations. Something just isn't right. This subsequent witch-hunt by the NFL and their media members is getting ridiculous. One player not talking isn't going to ruin your jobs. You know something isn't right, because if he were able to "play the game" with the media, he would be a rich, rich man off of his brand. He's leaving millions and millions on the table by avoiding the spotlight.

The crotch-grabbing thing is ridiculous, but should be treated as a completely separate issue.

Edited by Seahawks21

meh...I have to do things every day at work that I'd rather not, and I don't get paid near as much as these players

this . i think its ridiculous to feel like you can ignore part of the job which you get millions to play a kids game because you want to be that guy . Grow up , talk to media and cut the BS , imho

I get the disdain for Lynch; with his crotch grabbing and tiresome ways he deals with the media. I really do. But it's hilarious that people think that undesirable tasks of their everyday jobs is an adequate comparison to Lynch placating interviews. None of you guys are a MVP type NFL bell cow RB playing in the superbowl. And the "I don't get paid as much" malarkey is a gigantic counterpoint. At best it's an argument poorly utilized to justify a self gratifying rationale.

Develop a unique skill set that makes you a lot more financially viable than you are now; then you can get away without performing certain tiresome everyday tasks also. Or just keep doing what you need to to keep your job that millions of others are perfectly capable of performing. Or don't. Or just get over it.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

Develop a unique skill set that makes you a lot more financially viable than you are now; then you can get away without performing certain tiresome everyday tasks also. Or just keep doing what you need to to keep your job that millions of others are perfectly capable of performing. Or don't. Or just get over it.

Other than titty inspector at Victoria's secret, there is no job anywhere that doesn't have some sort of regular task or burden that is annoying or at least inconvenient.

A guy refusing to do the part of his job that he doesn't like is childish and it makes him a lot less deserving of my respect.

• Like 5

I get the disdain for Lynch; with his crotch grabbing and tiresome ways he deals with the media. I really do. But it's hilarious that people think that undesirable tasks of their everyday jobs is an adequate comparison to Lynch placating interviews. None of you guys are a MVP type NFL bell cow RB playing in the superbowl. And the "I don't get paid as much" malarkey is a gigantic counterpoint. At best it's an argument poorly utilized to justify a self gratifying rationale.

well hell I've been doing it wrong all along. I should've taught my kids..."hey, if you're an elite talent at sports you get a free pass in life to act like an mister and you're not responsible for anything" thanks for the heads up! : rolleyes:
  • Like 6