[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon fails another drug test, facing 1 year ban

bud29

Definitely wrong to the word, but the rule is rarely enforced more like one of those "can not get a fish drunk on Sunday rules." So not wrong as well. I think Steves friend had a bad lawyer or did not tell Steve the whole truth. Anyways back to the point you can call out Mr. Gordon all you want, but I do not think his actions are worth a year ban. To harsh for me. To each their own. There are bigger things to worry about then drinking a beer on a plane.

By the way if convicted a few times in Washington I did learn that the ankle bracelets are now capable of administering drug and alcohol test at any time.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Actually I called a lawyer in Ohio he told me that it is a law, but is never used on a first time DUI case. As he put it "he must have had some other extenuating circumstances". Your view on Cali is a little off, but hey everyone is entitled to their own backwards ass opinions.

My example in Ohio was not a first time DUI, that was Captain Hook, so you'll need to check with an attorney in Indiana on that one, since you feel that you're right and people that experienced things are BSing you. My example had to do with open container and posession of drug paraphenalia (an easier/cheaper offense since they don't need to test the pot). Trust me I got the whole story. Was the Probation Office bluffing, maybe. (Not sure what the attorney has to do with what probation terms are, they were not discussed in court.)

Random guys on the internet questioning the first hand experience of others is one of my pet peeves. Just because you're not familiar with something doesn't mean it isn't true. I could call BS on your ankle bracelots giving random drug tests if I wanted to.

It varies from county to county in Indiana. For first time DUI, some require a year of alcohol/drug testing. Some even require at least one weekend in jail! Some require both!!

Edited by CaptainHook

Anyways back to the point you can call out Mr. Gordon all you want, but I do not think his actions are worth a year ban. To harsh for me. To each their own. There are bigger things to worry about then drinking a beer on a plane.

Not about drinking a beer on a plane, about violating his agreement with the CBA for the 4th time.

Once, made a mistake. Twice, maybe coincidental. But at this point, a stiff punishment seems in order.

Actually I called a lawyer in Ohio he told me that it is a law, but is never used on a first time DUI case. As he put it "he must have had some other extenuating circumstances". Your view on Cali is a little off, but hey everyone is entitled to their own backwards ass opinions.

True, I live in Cali and if there are circumstances like multiple offenses or death as the result of DUI or DWI they will impose a NO Drinking clause and enforced by monthly tests with PO. Also the PO can randomly request the individual to show up within 2 hours to drug testing facility. It doesn't work worth a crap though as I know of people who have had 5 DUI's and still somehow end up on the street and driving. Last year a guy with 4 DUI's killed a 18 year old girl and was finally put away for 20 years. He injured a couple of people on the second offense and was still driving to get a third and ultimately his fourth. There was a big stink about suing the state and local law enforcement and governments for allowing this guy to kill that girl. Guy should have been hung IMO.

True, I live in Cali and if there are circumstances like multiple offenses or death as the result of DUI or DWI they will impose a NO Drinking clause and enforced by monthly tests with PO. Also the PO can randomly request the individual to show up within 2 hours to drug testing facility. It doesn't work worth a crap though as I know of people who have had 5 DUI's and still somehow end up on the street and driving. Last year a guy with 4 DUI's killed a 18 year old girl and was finally put away for 20 years. He injured a couple of people on the second offense and was still driving to get a third and ultimately his fourth. There was a big stink about suing the state and local law enforcement and governments for allowing this guy to kill that girl. Guy should have been hung IMO.

Wow you live in Cali, I just imagined you lived in an apartment adjacent to the Cowboys team facilities ;)

Texas is much tougher on crime as many know. A friend of mine lost his 20 year old daughter in a drunk driving accident. The woman who crashed into her (also in her 20s) was found, charged and later arrested again for another DUI while waiting for trial. Her BAC was pretty high, like almost .3, over 3 times the limit. She plead guilty to intoxicated vehicular manslaughter and was sentenced to 13 years in prison. I was telling somebody part of her sentence should include speaking to other DUI defendants, kids caught drinking underage, etc. "This could be you...."