[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon fails another drug test, facing 1 year ban

bud29

Nope but I did read this, which touched on some of the points in his open letter (linked in the story below as well)

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/josh_gordon_confirms_his_indef.html

Basically his claim is "I didn't know when my alcohol ban was up, and I thought it was after the season was over, but I didn't check" And other claims of no pot or alcohol use in a long time, not an addict, "you don't know me so don't talk about me" and blah-blah-blah (the acohol ban is too harsh, the NFL are hypocrits to do that and make millions of beer advertising).

Ok so maybe he's not an addict, just an idiot who cannot comprehend or follow rules. Doesn't he have an agent or some other baby siiter type who can keep track of all that?

Oh and his downfall seems to be having 4 drinks in a flight to Las Vegas and then posting pictures of his crew drinking on the private plane on instagram. When he landed he got a message that he was to report to a facility for testing and he failed.

He said after the last suspension was changed to 10 games, how he understands he needs to prove it to people that he won't keep making mistakes. Well Josh, you've proven the opposite. Too dumb, lazy, entitled or whatever to bother trying to do the right thing. Too impulsive, childish and immature.

Here's an excerpt from his letter where he acknowledges all his failures (I wasn't going to read it but figurd I'd try)

Most importantly, I have failed myself. Again.

I failed myself when started using Josh Gordon regularly as a young teenager. I failed myself when I ruined a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be Robert Griffin III’s running mate during his Heisman Trophy-winning season at Baylor. I failed myself when I didn’t check with the league office to ensure that my doctor-prescribed, codeine-based medicine was allowed under NFL guidelines. I failed myself when I was arrested for driving a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. I failed myself when I missed a team walkthrough late in the season and was suspended for the final game of the year

He then goes on to explain how much he has succeeded by getting to where he is and not becoming a drug using gang member since that is what he saw growing up. (Way to pat yourself on the back, plenty of people do that, and some have to work hard not just have a gifted athletic talent to pull them out.)

Oh and his downfall seems to be having 4 drinks in a flight to Las Vegas and then posting pictures of his crew drinking on the private plane on instagram. When he landed he got a message that he was to report to a facility for testing and he failed.

How many freaking narco tools does the NFL have on the payroll?

Seen having fun on instagram, required to test hours later.

Josh is a dumbass and all, but the league really seems to want him to fail.

BA I don't think the league wants him to fail or the negative publicity with this.

Of course they want him to fail. Appealing suspensions, having fun, dude is everything the suits hate.

They obviously pay someone to watch his social media and narc on him. The drug test call coming in as he gets off the plane. That's some draconian big brother honda.

• Like 1

Everyone here is blasting him for having a couple of drinks on the way to Vegas. I for one can not throw stones at him for that and I think the punishment here does not fit the crime. One years for a couple of drinks.....wow. Just, wow.

Agree. It was dumb and he was on probation or whatever but still excessive.

Everyone here is blasting him for having a couple of drinks on the way to Vegas. I for one can not throw stones at him for that and I think the punishment here does not fit the crime. One years for a couple of drinks.....wow. Just, wow.

I bashing him for being incapable of simple things like following rules. Knowing what rules he needs to follow.

If you were on probation for a crime related to alcohol and a condition of that probation prohibited you from drinking, would you drink? Or mistake the ending date of that prohibition period?

I know I'm not 20 anymore, and I know I did some stupid honda in my 20s, 30s and even 40s (haven't been 50 yet, and will probably do some dumb honda then). But most of the time they don't land me in jail, or suspended/fired by my employer.

He may have done one good thing, his last suspension may have been the wake up call that JF needed.

Agree. It was dumb and he was on probation or whatever but still excessive.

Whie I would probably agree that the punishment is excessive..it was spelled out to him in black and white what would happen and he did it anyway. And then allowed a pic of him doing it to be on social media. Pretty darn stupid IMO. Don't feel sorry for him at all
  • Like 1

Its official, Gordon is suspended for 2015 season and will need to ask to be reinstated after that.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/josh_gordon_suspended_by_the_n.html

That's what he did...

No he didn't, he THOUGHT the season was over, but the official end of the NFL season is after the Super Bowl. I'm a fan not an employee and I know that. (I would have asked for in writing what the date was if I was wanting to drink again.) He also could stop hanging out with people smoking Josh Gordon since he knows if he tests positive for that its his career.

But keep defending Gordon and the other idiots like him who cannot follow the rules.

Edited by stevegrab

The amount of playing time Josh has missed and will miss due to piss ant Josh Gordon and booze violations is just crazy. If the punishment fit the crime and was enforced in any sort of sensible manner, Michael Vick would have never played a down after his bullhonda.

I get it, Josh is a moron for breaking the rules with so much at stake, but if you think his actions warrant a year long ban, then you are simply out of touch with reality.

• Like 1

The amount of playing time Josh has missed and will miss due to piss ant Josh Gordon and booze violations is just crazy. If the punishment fit the crime and was enforced in any sort of sensible manner, Michael Vick would have never played a down after his bullhonda.

I get it, Josh is a moron for breaking the rules with so much at stake, but if you think his actions warrant a year long ban, then you are simply out of touch with reality.

I think his actions warrant the penalties laid out in the terms of the NFL rules and NFLPA CBA.

I personally don't think they should care if a player smokes pot (except it is illegal in many places) or drinks (unless you're a known alcoholic). But since I don't run the NFL or work for it I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over their rules (any more than I do a UPS worker, or somebody flipping burgers at McDonald's).

I just get tired of all the people who want to defend these guys who throw away million dollar careers to have a little fun. truck em, they had chances and screwed up royaly. I've know people to spend the night in jail for possession of pot, life isn't always fair. But when you play with fire you risk getting burned.

If anyone posted that, I missed it. This thread is basically a celebration of his stupity, that's all

I'm not even celebrating his stupidity, it pisses me off greatly because it hurts the team I'm a fan of. I'm trying to fight for some sense of personal responsibility which so many in society seem to want to remove. You screw up, you get punished, but its somebody else fault, or a witch hunt against you.

Ok, now I need a drink and I'm not prohibited so its, ok, but I'll wait until I get home from work so I don't DUI :brew:

If anyone posted that, I missed it. This thread is basically a celebration of his stupity, that's all

No one posted that.

I just get the vibe that some folks act like dude is a damn felon When he is just an idiot. Felons get to play, but not idiots?

I still also think that Emporer Roger and his minions are trying really hard to make an example out of Gordon, which annoys me.

• Like 1

I think if you keep repeating the same actions over and over again, then you should be held responsible for the consequences of those actions. Doesn't matter much if the actions are smoking MJ, not talking to the media, or not paying a parking meter. Trying to rationalize them as harmless doesn't make them any more or less prohibited with consequences that escalate as they are continually violated.

If that makes me out of touch with reality, well then there ain't honda out there that's sane anyways. Good riddance.

• Like 1