[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon fails another drug test, facing 1 year ban

bud29

Its the, EDIT:chronic man, just can't get enough of it! It's the gateway drug to :shocking: booze? Just doesn't sound right? They say relapse is part of recovery? :blink: But just not sure how many times you can relapse before your a dumb ass? :bag: So guess ZERO tolerance is Zero? Too bad, unmatched talent, but they cut him for a reason?

Edited by IrishPride

Damn man. I know what this kid is going through. I hope he gets the help he needs cause he's too talented to waste. Whoever is advising this kid should convince to take this year suspension and go into a good rehab. Obviously what he's been doing so far isn't working. He's still young enough for someone to make the effort.

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 1

Not sure I can recall anyone leading the NFL in their position (2012 receiving yards) and then taking such an incredible dive. I am sure there is a precedent but I cannot think of one. He was the best WR in 2012. He could have had a top 5-ish career most likely. He threw it away. Amazing.

• Like 1

Yeah he's in stage 3 of the program and now it moves to banishment for a year instead of suspension. Basically they just tell you to go away for a year and come back to request reinstatement once it's passed. This guy has SERIOUS issues. Give it a few years though, he will end up on Seattle or New England, playing lights out after destroying a few teams cap in the process.

They need to just throw the kid away until he grows up.

if he gets a one year suspension, he's done since he'll have to apply for re-instatement and he won't hold it together long enough.

he's done playing football since the browns won't release him and he can't go to CFL.

I hope all of y'all that traded for him in your dynasty leagues learned something. :fool::rofl::clap::boxing::pickle:

Way to rejoice and celebrate the demise of another human being's career.

Keep it classy.

Pretty sure the NFL prohibits you from using alcohol until you are out of the substance abuse program. It doesn't matter what the substance was that got you in the program. The terms for his DUI probably did as well.

I knew somebody with a legal situation once, open container plus some other stuff, probation officer told them they were not allowed to drink during probation and could be tested.

Heard the NFL substance abuse policy does allow for prohibiting alcohol assumption, whether he had that before or simply because of the DUI. Either way, he should have known, and he should have abstained.

This guy will look back someday at the idiotic decisions he made early in his life tossing away the potential for a very good and lucrative career. Instead of being a footnote in the record books (best single season by a WR that became a bust right after that).

I hope the Browns cut him ASAP, forget the cap or other issues.

Also hope he gets help, and has some people around him who can see is in trouble and help.