[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl Sunday! Pats vs Hawks

heehawks

I'm back after a couple days of decompression. I didn't want to come on here knowing I would just vent in pure emotion. Now that I've had a bit of time and my head is somewhat clear, I can say without reservation that the Patriots played a good game. Congratulations Pats fans, your team did great. Brady did what Brady does, and that is pick apart defenses. Edelman, Gronk, and Vereen had excellent games.

As for my Heehawks, yes it was extremely disappointing, surreal, and I'm still miffed at the call, but they too played a great game. When I look back at it in a few years, I will feel proud of my team for getting to back-to-back superbowls and will never give up on them. For all of those that say fire Bevell, that's just crazy talk. He has done a great job with a good qb, great rb, terrible OL, and below average WR. I'm actually impressed that our offense has done as well as they have.

The game itself was an incredible game to watch, full of crazy ups and downs. I am obviously embarrassed for the actions of a few of our players (Baldwin, Irvin, Sherman) and their actions were just flat out stupid. But the rest of the team stayed within themselves for the most part in a very emotional and crazy finish.

This offseason will be very interesting to see how my Heehawks try to keep themselves from imploding, who they release, who they sign, the draft, and what free agents they go after (hopefully a good WR). All the injuries the LOB is a bit concerning, but hopefully they can all bounce back since they are all relatively young.

Well that's about it, tough ending to a great year.

Go Hawks!

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 1