[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Gift?

DMD

The worst part about the whole thing is that I think Lynch now gives us the finger and doesn't play another down for us.

do you blame him? (but honestly that's not the worst part. Losing a SB you should have won is the worst part.) Edited by CaptainHook

The winners get $165k each and the losers get $117k. Plus there is the cool ring.

The worst part about the whole thing is that I think Lynch now gives us the finger and doesn't play another down for us.

I have to think the chance that Lynch gives an interview at less than zero now.

:thinking:

That's how I felt when Romo fumbled the snap on the FG try against Seattle. And then I quickly realize that our QB screwed up. LMAO!

Edited by irish

What if the pass would have worked? would it be looked as a great play call as the pats were looking for the run? I agree it was an easy run call with lynch but everyone hates on what happened and not would could have happened if it was it was thrown to his back shoulder.

I know what happened was stupid but just want to start a possible debate

• Like 1

I guess I'm in a minority of 1 thinking it wasn't a bad call. The Patriots were expecting the run. Marshawn could have easily been stuffed for a 2 or 3 yard loss. Whereas with an incomplete pass, the Seahawks are still on the 1 yard line with 2 more plays to run it in. If I had been calling plays, I might have even passed it again on 3rd down.

I could maybe almost kind of sort of buy this if your running back didn't have the nickname "The Beast", or you had any above average WR's or TE's on your team.
  • Like 2

I guess I'm in a minority of 1 thinking it wasn't a bad call. The Patriots were expecting the run. Marshawn could have easily been stuffed for a 2 or 3 yard loss. Whereas with an incomplete pass, the Seahawks are still on the 1 yard line with 2 more plays to run it in. If I had been calling plays, I might have even passed it again on 3rd down.

:crazy:

I dont think i would have passed again on 3rd. but don't think the play call was that bad, if it worked it would have been "genius" but it didnt and makes them look like idiots for trying to pass when you have lynch

Lynch should have looked at Wilson when he called the Picket Fence play and said...."I'll make it in"...prompting a new play where Lynch simply goes into Beast Mode...ala Jiimmy Chitwood. It's sad these guys couldn't audible. I promise...even if Joe Gibbs tried to call a pass...Riggo would have intimidated Joe T into handing him the ball for the Riggo Drill.

If it was an incomplete pass with 1 TO they would have had 2 chances to run it in. I think they where trying to out smart belicheck and it just didnt happen. Looking back at it it was a dumb play call ending in a INT but if it didnt it could have worked well and nobody would have been talking about it. Doesnt matter now it ended up as a stupid call and should have run the man, who in my opinion got them there .

Seattle's run game is built for that exact moment. In a huge moment like that, you play to your strength. A quick slant over the middle is one of the riskier plays they could have called. Hell, if you want to pass, run a play action fade to the back corner. At least the odds of a pick are much lower then. Those goaline slants are always getting tipped up and picked. It was literally the worst call they could make right there, especially when you consider the quality of their WR group.

• Like 1