[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore to the Colts?

Shorttynaz

I could see the Colts re-signing Bradshaw and signing Gore.

They are going to release Trent Richardson. His two game suspension at the end of the year allows them to get out of paying his guaranteed $3.2 million salary for next season.

The Colts would still have Boom Herron and Vick Ballard (who is trying to come back from two straight season-ending injuries).

Not a bad RB corp. This is also a position they would address in the draft.

You can't really rely on Ballard or Bradshaw to stay healthy.

He'd be a nice fit in Indy. He still averaged 4.3 yards per carry this past season. Though his 11 receptions and 5 touchdowns hurt his fantasy value. I could see both increasing with the Colts.

It was criminal how little the 49ers threw him the ball. He is an excellent pass catching back.

• Like 2

Not sure an aging back does anything for the Colts who would have to hold their breath that a 32 year old back can hold up. They already had to deal with ever-injured Bradshaw for two years. IMO - dump Richardson and Bradshaw, draft one of the top 5 RBs. Be cheaper than Gore and last a lot longer.

Not sure an aging back does anything for the Colts who would have to hold their breath that a 32 year old back can hold up. They already had to deal with ever-injured Bradshaw for two years. IMO - dump Richardson and Bradshaw, draft one of the top 5 RBs. Be cheaper than Gore and last a lot longer.

Finally an intelligent answer. Figures it'd come from DMD.

Signing Gore would be stupid. They have many needs and I don't relish frying another top pick on a RB, but Gordon/Worley (sp?) would be tempting.

Or sign Murray :) (lol, right........)

Gore and Bradshaw in a rotation could be pretty effective. Both can catch passes and pass protect and in a rotation they might both last all season. I think getting Gore would make a lot of sense considering that they have more pressing needs that could be addressed in the draft.

Assuming Melvin Gordon makes it past the Chargers of course

and the Ravens . . .

I think if this is a guy the Colts want, they will have to move up a bit. Although his 40 time did him no favors.

Edited by CaptainHook

• 3 weeks later...