[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Combine Flare up with Peterson's agent and Brzezinski

Moss6

As a Vikings fan I moved on from him a long time ago. Along with what he did to his son I am also very irritated with his comments about the organization not standing by him. He is completely dillusional about the situation IMO. He owes the VIkings organization and the fans an apology not the other way around. The Vikings front office caught a lot of heat for trying to stick by him last year and paid him over 8 million dollars to play one game. Yet he is trying to bad mouth them. Time to move on

As a Vikings fan I moved on from him a long time ago. Along with what he did to his son I am also very irritated with his comments about the organization not standing by him. He is completely dillusional about the situation IMO. He owes the VIkings organization and the fans an apology not the other way around. The Vikings front office caught a lot of heat for trying to stick by him last year and paid him over 8 million dollars to play one game. Yet he is trying to bad mouth them. Time to move on

Well, they really didn't support him. As soon as they saw the back lash from the media induced frenzy (already heightened from Rice's case) there was magically a new special exempt list that the team was very much in support with. Later in the year after the resolution of the case, we didn't see them coming out for him then either.

Regardless of any personal opinion, the result of the case was a misdemeanor and he was only allowed to play 1 game despite the rules the NFL had recently established.

• Like 1

Well, they really didn't support him. As soon as they saw the back lash from the media induced frenzy (already heightened from Rice's case) there was magically a new special exempt list that the team was very much in support with. Later in the year after the resolution of the case, we didn't see them coming out for him then either.

Regardless of any personal opinion, the result of the case was a misdemeanor and he was only allowed to play 1 game despite the rules the NFL had recently established.

The Vikings did more than they had to for him. His actions embarrassed himself and the organization and now he is acting like the team wronged him in some way. It's complete crap

• Like 1

The Vikings did more than they had to for him. His actions embarrassed himself and the organization and now he is acting like the team wronged him in some way. It's complete crap

This, 100 percent. Suck it up, admit wrong doing, apologize with real intent, show some actual remorse, and do what it takes to rejoin the Vikes. He is just backing himself further and further into the "I'm a moran" corner.

• Like 1

He wants to go to Dallas, finish it all home in Texas and on a team with a realistic Super Bowl chance...but that's all speculation, who knows what Jerrah and crew are cooking up for this offseason

The Vikings had no choice to react how they did with the Rice debacle going on. You still got paid for sitting, and there's no way you're getting 12 million from the Cowboys so there's no trade happening. Now maybe if the Vikings released you, you could sign with the Boys at a cap friendly 3-4 million. IF the Vikings would release you. So unless your feelings are hurt some 8-9 million worth, suck it up and be happy they still want to pay you that 12 mil.

What exactly did they do for him? Try to play him after the report? That was not done in support of the player, but with the directive of winning. Other then that, they seemed to pretty much hide from anything to do with him all year.

Please don't misinterpret, I think Peterson brought most of this situation upon himself. But after all he's done with the organization, I can see why he might think the teams actions last year as a big "truck you" on their part.

Regardless, I believe both sides are trying to leverage each other for the split. Peterson wants release so he can go somewhere that feeds his ego, while Vikings don't want to look like the bad guys that won't give one of their most iconic players a second chance. Thus the whole "Oh we can't wait to have Peterson back" statements that seemed to have only started again like 2-3 weeks ago.

Edited by Def.
  • Like 1

What exactly did they do for him? Try to play him after the report? That was not done in support of the player, but with the directive of winning. Other then that, they seemed to pretty much hide from anything to do with him all year.

Please don't misinterpret, I think Peterson brought most of this situation upon himself. But after all he's done with the organization, I can see why he might think the teams actions last year as a big "truck you" on their part.

Regardless, I believe both sides are trying to leverage each other for the split. Peterson wants release so he can go somewhere that feeds his ego, while Vikings don't want to look like the bad guys that won't give one of their most iconic players a second chance. Thus the whole "Oh we can't wait to have Peterson back" statements that seemed to have only started again like 2-3 weeks ago.

You mean other than putting him on the exempt list and paying him over 8 million dollars rather than releasing him and ridding themselves of his b.s.?

I love this back and forth nonsense (NOT) in the offseason.

He'll definitely be back with the Vikings (says everybody involved with the Vikings)

He'll never play for us again (says one person associated with the Vikings)

Professional sports turn into a soap opera in the offseason, with more he said she said than a week of General Hospital.

Orfay izzleshay!

4 years of AP Spanish and I retained pretty much nothing

Learned pig Latin one summer in grade school and it's still practically a second language!

• Like 1

You mean other than putting him on the exempt list and paying him over 8 million dollars rather than releasing him and ridding themselves of his b.s.?

Putting him on an exempt list is not supporting the player, especially when he is a premier player with the standard ego these players tend to have.

If they had released him, they would have still have to had paid him his salary. All vested veterans have their contracts guaranteed when they are on the opening day roster.

And this ^. Plus I believe release would also trigger payment of the remaining outstanding bonuses on the contract costing the team more either right away (could of caused cap violation last year?) or in dead money next year (can't use tools like designating june 1 cut to save cost).

As a long time Vikings fan, I had been willing to accept Peterson back for the upcoming season. I abhor what he did to those kids though, so my tolerance was pretty thin to begin with.

This recent crap from his Agent just really turns me off all the way now. I think the Vikings did well by him. If they made a mistake, it was in their initial 48 hour suspension. I think they were hoping it would blow over pretty quickly, and they could all move on. In retrospect that initial suspension kind of tied their hands for how they could react moving forward. They found what I think they thought was a good deal for Peterson (I mean for crying out loud, he got paid 100% for doing nothing).

But once he went on the Exempt list, it became solely a League affair. He can cry about the Team all he wants, but only the Commissioner could get him back on the field, and that just wasn't going to happen.

Now he is turning his back on us. I say us, because it's not just the Vikings upper management that he is crapping on now... but he is also crapping on the teammates that stuck out their necks and supported him, as well as the fans that were willing to accept him back. He feels betrayed? Screw him!

I hope the Vikings play major hard ball with him now. Forget about his value as an asset to the team. Force him to play for the Vikings. And when he refuses to come to mandatory Training Camp, fine his ass every single penny. Then right before the season starts, trade him to some weak team like Buffalo who will never get a shot at a Championship until well after Peterson has retired.

• Like 1

Peterson wins suspension appeal --- I did run across a media tweet saying "Dogra & Brzenski" were seen together Saturday after the incident and were cordial and smiling -- I can probably dig it out if anyone wants to see. Just a bunch of posturing

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/adrian-peterson-wins-suspension-appeal/ar-BBhZV2N

So the media blew something way out a proportion??? Shocking
  • Like 1

So Peterson wins in court and now the NFL is going to appeal that decision.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/nfl-appeals-ruling-in-adrian-peterson-case/

They sure are spending a lot of energy to keep AP off the field. I wonder if their investigation into possible cheating is so well staffed and funded?

• Like 1

I'm not even sure I understand who is fighting for what anymore. AP needs the NFL to reinstate him to play this season, was that not going to happen without his side winning the lawsuit. Or was his case (led by NFLPA) against the NFL an attempt to get reinstated earlier? Were they trying to get damages, or something else related to him sitting out all of last year after he was put on the exempt list? (He got paid anyway right? So do they want the year to count for other things like free agency?)

Is this all just legal maneuvering and grandstanding by both sides (NFL/NFLPA) for future issues, so NFL cannot pull honda with putting new rules in place and then retroactively applying them (like they did with Rice).

What's the end game here? AP wants to be able to play in the NFL again, and apparently not for the Vikings (which he alone cannot control). So does winning this lawsuit help that somehow?

Is this all just legal maneuvering and grandstanding by both sides (NFL/NFLPA) for future issues, so NFL cannot pull honda with putting new rules in place and then retroactively applying them (like they did with Rice and Peterson).

Fixed. And there definitely seems to be some grandstanding on the NFL side. What their motivation is though, who could say. He's been held out 15 games now, seems like if your a league that endorses second chances then probably should allow that chance to start.