[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Combine Flare up with Peterson's agent and Brzezinski

Moss6

Don't do it Jerry. Don't even think about it

It's already done HBTC, it's already done. This is just the water beginning to simmer, the veggies rinsed off and the meat being brazed. The water will come to a boil and the soup will be ready by Summer.

First off, I am in the camp of so he whooped his kid and left a few marks. It happens? 50 years ago we made men of our boys and those men went and fought perhaps the greatest battle of all time and won. They weren't called our greatest generation for nothing. Now days, we have children at the age of 21. We have very little leadership among them as they expect, or even feel entitled to the good life without having to work for anything. Soft I say. Soft in every sense of the word. Can't hammer a nail, or change the oil in a car. Men have very few "Manly" skills anymore. Respect is gone also. You don't here please, and thank you much. Sir and Mam have turned to first names even for our teachers and leaders. Hell the kids now days can't even count change anymore without their smartphones. The looks on their faces if you give them the extra pennies to get a bill just makes me sick. You'd think you asked them to do long algebra for a $10 bill after giving them a $20 and the extra cents.

Basically, the kid was too young to be switched that harshly, however, the issue should have been handled within the family, rather then put on Dr Laura and have the world try him for disciplining his own kid. I do believe he realized he went to far and most likely would refrain from going that far in the future. That said, the kid is going to be just as harmed as AP given the public nature of the incident. As a parent, I know exactly how far your kid can push you and given the right circumstances, having had enough of something, coupled with a bad day at the office, and the number of times I have said not to do something, I can see loosing it and going a bit over the top. Maybe not at my 4 year old but hey, I don't have a hand shake that will break most men's hands either.

Bottom line is this, Texas has no problems with a good ole fashion arse whoopen. Neither do I for that matter. Maybe if kids now days had a good whoopen once in a while, there wouldn't be all these crazy kids shooting people up in malls and theaters. I believe the bible when it says spare the rod, spoil the child. It's in there for a reason. Now maybe we are seeing that reason play out in our schools and sidewalks all over our country. I bet his kid doesn't do what he did again! I do remember wearing my boy out once or twice for good reasons and I found the behavior never happened again period. Nothing else seemed to stop a behavior cold like a good ole fashion whoopen. Lucky I had a kid that learned fast and only had the belt twice.

AP will be welcome in Dallas. No doubt about it.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I don't want him a Cowboy because of many reasons, none of them really because he beat his kid. I don't want the drama that would obviously come with his signing and I don't want a 30 yr old running back that hasn't played football in a year

Picture the second coming of the "Greatest show on turf". They would be that kind of explosive. 30 plus points a game. The combination of having a QB that knows where to go with the ball, receivers who can go get it and a running game that defenses have to play run to stop, combined with perhaps the best O line in the league, makes for an offense that is for all intents and purposes, Unstoppable. The rams had it in Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt and OZ. The Cowboys have it now but minus a back that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. If AP is in our backfield we win the SB. It's simple as that. Jerry sees it that way also. If they can make it happen they will. AP wants to go home and win big in his home state. Can you blame him. With all that is going on in Minn, I can see him going to Dallas where men are men and hands are scared.

Edited by Cowboyz1

You didn't address the '30 yr old rb that hasn't played football in a yr', or the drama that his signing would bring to the team. Last yr no one gave them a chance and they had a nice season. I much prefer that to the roaches that are the media camped in the parking lot giving AP updates every 15 minutes

You've got a point there. The media would all but have Dallas winning the SB like I have, which would mean an awfully big spot light being focused on the Cowboys. Not that the expectation aren't there anyway though. After the catch that wasn't, I suspect most will feel Dallas should be in the mix this year regardless. Personally, I think we were robbed of a golden opportunity last year. As far as AP being 30, I really don't worry about that as much as with other backs his age. AP is a special kind of individual. The fact that he turned an ACL around in 8 months and went on to run the way he did the following year, bares that out. IMO he plays as long as Romo, which is all you can really ask for. I worry about Romo's health and production way before I do AP's. I see a three year window baring some phenom QB drafted in the mid to late rounds. We'll see but I feel AP or Murray gives us the best chance at a ring. AP having the edge to put us over the top more then Murray. Protection of Romo by either of those two weighs far more in my consideration for a RB then anything else. A rookie makes a mistake that cost Romo his mobility and that is the one thing that ends the Cowboys chances.

And the NFL is "non-profit"

The NFL is, but not the 32 franchises, they are definitely for profit. Until the owners are unhappy with Goodell he isn't going anywhere. The sooner the fans accept that the better they'll be.

You've got a point there. The media would all but have Dallas winning the SB like I have, which would mean an awfully big spot light being focused on the Cowboys. Not that the expectation aren't there anyway though. After the catch that wasn't, I suspect most will feel Dallas should be in the mix this year regardless. Personally, I think we were robbed of a golden opportunity last year. As far as AP being 30, I really don't worry about that as much as with other backs his age. AP is a special kind of individual. The fact that he turned an ACL around in 8 months and went on to run the way he did the following year, bares that out. IMO he plays as long as Romo, which is all you can really ask for. I worry about Romo's health and production way before I do AP's. I see a three year window baring some phenom QB drafted in the mid to late rounds. We'll see but I feel AP or Murray gives us the best chance at a ring. AP having the edge to put us over the top more then Murray. Protection of Romo by either of those two weighs far more in my consideration for a RB then anything else. A rookie makes a mistake that cost Romo his mobility and that is the one thing that ends the Cowboys chances.

Just think if Dallas had drafted Johnny Football to groom as the long term replacement for Romo :)

Just think if Dallas had drafted Johnny Football to groom as the long term replacement for Romo :)

Yeah, we would be a mess. Not only that, Johnny Rehab would probably be in far more trouble then he is now seeings how Dallas has a whole lot more night life to get in trouble in.