[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons release SJax

Wolverines Fan

Isn't only a matter of time before it happens to every NFL player?

Of course. However, I meant this off season. I didn't think he'd be with them this year.

Hard to imagine they are going to rely solely on a back who never rushed for more than 38 yards in any game last year, averaged about four carries per week, ran in one score and averaged only 3.8 ypc. I never saw anything that optimistic last year and I was watching him every week.

• Like 1

Considering all the hype last year over Devonta Freeman and him not doing much I suspect they go after a top RB in the draft, or possibly free agency. Are they still considered a team that could contend with 1-2 more pieces or are they a mediocre mess?

Anything could happen as seen but what the Cowboys accomplished this past season. However, I don't think the Falcons will make a run. That D needs upgrading.

I forget that SJax started his career at the tail end of the Rams success, with Martz as coach and Bulger at QB. They did make the playoffs his rookie year, going 8-8. They went 8-8 once more and won 7 games twice in his career. But never over .500

Not sure I'd put him in the HOF, he's on the bubble somewhere. Certainly not in the discussion with greats like Barry Sanders and AP. But his resume would look a lot better with some more wins by his team and a few more playoff appearances.

I still remember being pissed when the Cowboys let him slide past them at the end of the first round so that DAL could be sneaky and grab Julius Jones in the second. That was a genius move.