[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys letting Murray test free agency..

Shorttynaz

Whatever happens to Murray will be greatly to his benefit and less so to the acquiring team IMO. Is Murray any different now than he was 12 months ago when he was considered nothing more than a decent back with injury issues? If he lands other than in DAL, I hope they have a top offensive line or he's not going to be the same runner as he was for the one year in his career. Granted he would be better than anyone in IND or a number of other teams. But which Murray are they getting? The one from last year or the one from the 3 years before that?

• Like 1

He's a good pass catching RB, he'd do fine in Indy (they do need to improve their line, though). Probably wouldn't recreate this year even if he stayed in DAL, but he's still RB1 value

As an AP and McKinnon owner, I endorse this step toward Peterson's departure from MINN

Agreed that line in D makes Murray. Now the question for me is who gets the rock behind that line.

ADP or Murray.

If Dallas could afford to pay ADP I assume they would just keep Murray. Murray looks to be a possible unfortunate cap casualty because of Dez . I think its easier to come by a Murray or close to it than a Dez (Just talking on the field talent) and with Dallas O line you can get great production out of a good back. It sucks because I like Murray but this is the business end of a league with a cap

If Dallas could afford to pay ADP I assume they would just keep Murray. Murray looks to be a possible unfortunate cap casualty because of Dez . I think its easier to come by a Murray or close to it than a Dez (Just talking on the field talent) and with Dallas O line you can get great production out of a good back. It sucks because I like Murray but this is the business end of a league with a cap

Let's not forget about that video. You know, the one of you stroking Romo's back while Dez watches - enraged.

Would people be surprised to know that backs not named Trent Richardson average 5 ypc behind the Colts offensive line? That being said, I don't think the Colts spend big money on a FA running back.

Yes I'm a little surprised, so I looked up some numbers, Wasn't sure if you meant just just 2014, or including the portion of 213 that Richardson was with the Colts. Doing just 2014 was easier...

I see his Colts YPC numbers

2014 = 3.3, 2013 & 2014 = 3.1

Looking at other Colts RB in 2014

Bradshaw 4.7

Herron 4.5

Luck 4.3

Taking out Richardsons numbers in 2014, the Colts ran for

attempts=256 yards=1093 average=4.27 (3/4 yard under 5)

team 415 rushes for 1612 yards, 3.9 average

Richard 159 rushes 519 yards, 3.3 average

That is about 1/2 yard between him and the team average, and another half yard from the team average to their average without him. No doubt they're numbers are better without him.

Yes I'm a little surprised, so I looked up some numbers, Wasn't sure if you meant just just 2014, or including the portion of 213 that Richardson was with the Colts. Doing just 2014 was easier...

I see his Colts YPC numbers

2014 = 3.3, 2013 & 2014 = 3.1

Looking at other Colts RB in 2014

Bradshaw 4.7

Herron 4.5

Luck 4.3

Taking out Richardsons numbers in 2014, the Colts ran for

attempts=256 yards=1093 average=4.27 (3/4 yard under 5)

team 415 rushes for 1612 yards, 3.9 average

Richard 159 rushes 519 yards, 3.3 average

That is about 1/2 yard between him and the team average, and another half yard from the team average to their average without him. No doubt they're numbers are better without him.

The stat I saw was from the time the Colts traded for TRich until the end of the 2014 season. I also do not think it included QB rushing attempts, although I am not positive. I was just quoting a stat I saw on twitter. :D

I suspect Murray's career comes to an end if he goes anywhere that doesn't have an Elite QB and a decent line. I agree that his best chance to win and make decent money is in Dallas. My money is on him breaking down anywhere else but making marginally more money if not less. If he took less to stay in Dallas, he not only wins big but also makes more money outside of football over his career. If I were Murray, I take the money Dallas is offering to stay and go for a Championship. Being the lead back in Dallas if far more elite then being the lead back anywhere else just for the exposure. IMO

Edited by Cowboyz1

I suspect Murray's career comes to an end if he goes anywhere that doesn't have an Elite QB and a decent line. I agree that his best chance to win and make decent money is in Dallas. My money is on him breaking down anywhere else but making marginally more money if not less. If he took less to stay in Dallas, he not only wins big but also makes more money outside of football over his career. If I were Murray, I take the money Dallas is offering to stay and go for a Championship. Being the lead back in Dallas if far more elite then being the lead back anywhere else just for the exposure. IMO

This has to be the world's most idiotic post...or a fishing trip for the ages.

This has to be the world's most idiotic post...or a fishing trip for the ages.

Or you could just be kind of new here and not used to the singular homerism that is Cowboyz1. He makes some valid points, but the silver stars on his glasses do obscure things some. (Romo elite?)

If I could get a deal done with equal or similar money, I would let Murray walk and take AP every time. Murray's history has to be scary for any team committing a large chunk of money to him. The odds of AP's body lasting a couple more years is much greater.

AP won't get 12mil if he leaves the Vikings. Its a matter of how badly he wants to go home.

AP, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Le'Veon Bell? Should I keep going? You rarely, if ever, hear people say these player's stats came from their offensive line. With Murray last year, we heard it all the time. Nary a week went by last year where we didn't hear some Cowboys homer on this message board talk about the dominance of the Cowboys' offensive line.

Barry Sanders is an example of a player who was dominant even with a horrible offensive line. Barry Sanders was unique. Plenty of running backs have been great with average or good offensive lines.

I'd bet you'd be surprised to know Murrays highest avg yds per carry season was 2011 huh?

Not really. Players in part time roles often have high per carry averages. Murray averaged 4.7 ypc last year while getting a ton of carries. I think that is more impressive. And I'm not denying he is a really good running back. I just don't think he is so special that teams are going to break the bank on him.

And sometimes teams try to turn those players into a feature back and they never produce those kind of numbers. Michael Turner (backup in SD then starter in ATL) is one of the few that was successful once he became a starter (but his YPC still dropped from 5.5 to 4.3)

Edited by stevegrab