[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys letting Murray test free agency..

Shorttynaz

Good Luck Demarco and thanks for a great year last year. I wish we had the money to bring him back but for reasons I explained in a previous post I am ok with him going and I am not heartbroken that he went to the Eagles. He left one of the youngest and best O lines in football and that is something his numbers will reflect going forward. Godspeed Demarco .

Getting Peterson would be the sort of PR coup that Jerry Jones loves. Peterson grew up in Texas and trust me a lot of people would love to see him with a star on his helmet. I would not be shocked to see it happen. Heck, I want it to happen.

It's a sad day when a Cowboys leaves to become a Eagle. Like watching a lion share a meal with a Hyena cub rather then ripping it to peaces just because of that stupid laugh. Just doesn't make sense. Murray just signed his death cert as a RB because he will have less yards and TD then Trich had last year. He won't make it through 8 games. Getting hit by linemen down in and down out because he doesn't have those holes to gain momentum is different then getting hit by DB's like running in Dallas.

On the other hand, it's just the kind of move Jerry would make if he had a good idea that AP as possible. I mean it's rare to see a match like this in the NFL. Where a Great back goes to a team with a Great line and an Elite QB who has really good weapons to throw to. I think every fan would love to see AP go ape $hit on the league wearing the Dallas star. It would be a year to remember. I could see him smashing the league record. Seriously, give AP the holes that Murray ran though...........He's gone.

Dallas has been suspiciously and awfully quite. Either young Jerry JR has moved up and learned how to skin the NFL cap or they are saving the best move for last. I just feel AP is in the mix and they are going after him.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Ok I know you're just voicing frustration but are you willing to take some sort of bet on Murray's numbers, especially that he'll beat TRichs (rush 519,3 rec 229,0) and/or play in more than 8 games.

Also the Elite QB called and said STOP IT :pflag: Romo is NOT ELITE.

Edited by stevegrab

Turd Richardson would be a 1,200, 10 TD guy in Dallas.

2 rookies in CLE plus Ben Tate (who was later cut) behind pretty much the same OL that TRich had looked a helluva a lot better. Chris friggin Ogbonnaya played better than him in 2013 behind the same line.

TRich might run great in a league where he doesn't have to face elite talent every game, like in college. So does Dallas have an arena team he could play for?

:doh: Nevermind I see now you were being sarcastic :bag:

Edited by stevegrab

Great post until the bit about Romo being elite. Um, no.

Yeah I can see how you can argue against the numbers..........Forget he rates in the top of most passing categories that determine an Elite QB. Playoff victories takes a team as you can see with Manning. Romo is an Elite QB and has proven that. The numbers speak for themselves. 4th Quarter rating, comebacks, points when down by 6 or less and time on the clock, Passer rating, by any measure Romo proves Elite. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's not a tough, accurate, smart and yes Elite QB.

People who understand the NFL game know you have to have a decent running game in this league or you're going to throw picks and a lot of them. NE has always has enough of a running threat to keep teams honest and Brady is well Brady. Eli threw 20 picks when his running game faltered. Matty Ice got his nick dropped last season because he stunk up the joint without a running game or time. Brees is another perfect example last year. If you are behind and are forced to throw to score points you are going to get picked. For years, Romo has has to carry this offense with his arm. If they were going to score it was going to be by his arm for many years up until last year. Teams knew that and played all kinds of exotic schemes to play against his arm. Thus he got picked and it happened when he was trying to keep the team in the game. Yes, he did make some very poor decisions in some places. However, the guy plays like a warrior on the field and when given some time and a decent running game, proves he can get the job done and then some. Your going to see the best of Romo for the next few years. You'll see.....

Edited by Cowboyz1

Ok I know you're just voicing frustration but are you willing to take some sort of bet on Murray's numbers, especially that he'll beat TRichs (rush 519,3 rec 229,0) and/or play in more than 8 games.

Also the Elite QB called and said STOP IT :pflag: Romo is NOT ELITE.

Absolutely, I have no problem betting on Murray being a bust in Philly. He's a runner that needs space to get started. If he has to stop and start or be shifty in the hole that's not him. He gets stuffed in Philly and sure we can figure out some bet on it. That hole in Green Bay to ice the game where he fumbled the game away is a perfect example. A shifty back avoids an arm tackle that jars the ball loose. McCoy goes untouched to the endzone on that play. Murray needs momentum and that takes a few steps and an unmolested hole to run though. He can run over you but not at the LOS. I'll put my sig or avy on it for a week when he break either threshold I stated.

Now where Murray can be dangerous is in Philly's misdirection screen plays. Send Sproles out the back door to siphon a linebacker and safety then slip Murray out into space he can hurt you. He has good hands and is an excellent blocker at the point of attack. Running that ball in Philly is going to be tough sledding for a slower methodical pounder like Murray. Mark my words.

Makes me sick though.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Sorry Cowboyz1 but you can't be an elite qb when you never made it to a superbowl or even the NFC title game for that matter. Yes it's a team sport but when you're going on 35 with a 2-4 playoff record regardless how nice his stats look or don't look you are judged by how you perform when it matters. Is he good? Sure I agree he's pretty good, but elite? Hahaha sorry but no way no chance.

Your going to see the best of Romo for the next few years. You'll see.....

Unless Romo has a decent RB to keep the pressure off him, and a veteran at that who can read defenses and pick up blitzes, he will be broken in two by Week 4, and rushing throws all over the field.

I kind of feel bad for the guy. Finally gets a running game, at it runs to a division rival :lol: