[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeSean McCoy to BUF

Big John

So Spiller is obviously gone, probably to Jets...I think he'll do just fine w/ Rex, especially if they employ a conservative approach to EJ taking over again

This must mean that the whole Mariotta talk was just that

Hmmm, I think the exact opposite. If they make a real run at Mariotta, they will basically be conceding the next couple years while he learns the pro game. Even Andrew Luck took a couple years to mature. But the time Mariotta is ready to win, McCoy will be used up. Why not get good value for him now by getting an ILB who will likely be the leader of your defense in 2-3 years when the team is ready to win?

Looks to me that since the Eagles cut Herreman, traded McCoy, and will likely let Maclin walk, that it appears like a concerted effort to get younger, faster and healthier to make a real run in another couple years.

This must mean that the whole Mariotta talk was just that

I think the opposite. Clearing cap space to sign FAs if they plan on trading a crap ton of picks for MM. try and improve the d as well. Of course without Maclin and McCoy they may have bigger issues

You think just picks will be enough to move up high enough to ensure Mariotta? If I remember correctly, TENN and NYJ were the two more prominent landing spots for his landing, which is 6th at the lowest?

The Jets actually do need a QB, so is Foles and picks good enough?

You think just picks will be enough to move up high enough to ensure Mariotta? If I remember correctly, TENN and NYJ were the two more prominent landing spots for his landing, which is 6th at the lowest?

The Jets actually do need a QB, so is Foles and picks good enough?

That's the rumor. Worked great for the Redskins

That's the rumor. Worked great for the Redskins

It's certainly not outside realm of possibilities, I suppose...I just can't see the value in it, especially if McCoy and possibly Maclin have to be lost in the process along w/ numerous picks

This trade really benefits both teams. Alonso is a really good young LB, but they had a great defense last year even without him and now they have Rex running the show. Getting a stud RB is just what that team needed. Alonso is going to be a beast for the Eagles though next to Kendricks.

I do think Foles and draft picks could still be enough to move up if they desire to.

Kiko Alonso played for Chip Kelly at Oregon.

Yeah but in between then and now he blew out an ACL.

I agree this trade seems a bit odd. If the Eagles are really clearing the offensive deck then we're going to find out in short order whether it's Chip Kelly's system or the specific players in it that are most important.

There's a goat in this trade somewhere - we just don't know which side yet.

Hmmm, I think the exact opposite. If they make a real run at Mariotta, they will basically be conceding the next couple years while he learns the pro game. Even Andrew Luck took a couple years to mature. But the time Mariotta is ready to win, McCoy will be used up. Why not get good value for him now by getting an ILB who will likely be the leader of your defense in 2-3 years when the team is ready to win?

Looks to me that since the Eagles cut Herreman, traded McCoy, and will likely let Maclin walk, that it appears like a concerted effort to get younger, faster and healthier to make a real run in another couple years.

This makes a lot of sense

Yeah but in between then and now he blew out an ACL.

I agree this trade seems a bit odd. If the Eagles are really clearing the offensive deck then we're going to find out in short order whether it's Chip Kelly's system or the specific players in it that are most important.

There's a goat in this trade somewhere - we just don't know which side yet.

When was the last time a 23-year old player tore his ACL and didn't return as effectively? I think surgeries today are such that it is no where near as big a deal as it used to be.

• Like 1