[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeSean McCoy to BUF

Big John

He is not happy at all apparently and may be stupid and make an issue of it initially. I have to think he'll get over himself and show up with a chip on his shoulder. Anything less is just hurting himself.

Heard a stat on the radio today - he led the league last year with 125 touches for no gain or negative yards. That (along with $$) is why he was easy to move..

Also reported that he's a Pennsylvania native - he's always played ball in that area and had no desire to go anywhere else..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Heard a stat on the radio today - he led the league last year with 125 touches for no gain or negative yards. That (along with $$) is why he was easy to move..

Also reported that he's a Pennsylvania native - he's always played ball in that area and had no desire to go anywhere else..

Not saying he is the same type of RB, but pretty sure that Barry Sanders led that category most seasons in his career. The $$ is the reason, they need/want cap space to do other things, rebuild, plug in any other RB, etc. It may work, it could seriously backfire. Chip likes to take risks, we'll see if they work.

Not saying he is the same type of RB, but pretty sure that Barry Sanders led that category most seasons in his career. The $$ is the reason, they need/want cap space to do other things, rebuild, plug in any other RB, etc. It may work, it could seriously backfire. Chip likes to take risks, we'll see if they work.

Money was part of the reason, but a big part was that McCoy didn't really fit Chip's scheme which calls for a North/South runner.

I respect that Rex Ryan and Chip Kelly are willing to make moves that fit their schemes. Most coaches/GM's are scared to make trades and will keep a player even though the player doesn't fit their philosophy. And it's hard to not have faith in Chip Kelly right now. His players might doubt his moves, but I do not.

Rex Ryan's schemes haven't worked out well so far - let's hope Chip has better luck.

Money was part of the reason, but a big part was that McCoy didn't really fit Chip's scheme which calls for a North/South runner.

The other part that seems to be coming out is that Chip's scheme is reliant on a good QB and O-line whilst the RB isn't a crucial component to the offense being successful. Im guessing he's confident that he can plug in a cheap RB from FA/draft and still have a solid run game.

I read some chatter on another board that PT would be an excellent short-term fit while MM learns the game at the pro level (assuming Philly does indeed trade up to get him). Could be had cheap while the team gels with a new QB, and would be in an excellent veteran to have on a team learning to win.

Certainly, his friendship with Sproles doesn't hurt, either.

I read some chatter on another board that PT would be an excellent short-term fit while MM learns the game at the pro level (assuming Philly does indeed trade up to get him). Could be had cheap while the team gels with a new QB, and would be in an excellent veteran to have on a team learning to win.

PT as in Pierre Thomas? Cause if so, they can find a younger, cheaper option that's a better runner. Sproles can already handle the passing, no need for PT.

PT as in Pierre Thomas? Cause if so, they can find a younger, cheaper option that's a better runner. Sproles can already handle the passing, no need for PT.

And if PT is Pierre Thomas who is MM? I was thinking Mariota, but not folliowing college football I suspect a top RB prospect is MM as well. Could people just use names instead of every player being abbreviated to where nobody knows who is being discussed.

And if PT is Pierre Thomas who is MM? I was thinking Mariota, but not folliowing college football I suspect a top RB prospect is MM as well. Could people just use names instead of every player being abbreviated to where nobody knows who is being discussed.

Let's see, I used the initials MM just before I stated "assuming Philly trades up to get him". Are you really that dumb to not understand context clues in relation to the topic of this thread? Or are you just being a dick?

Or both?

I don't think they find that guy this year, as they will be short on draft picks and long on free agent dollars. I could see them wanting to find a stop-gap running back who is a veteran and could provide some leadership while the QB....er, quarterback, for those struggling with abbreviations....learns the offense.

And as far as I remember, Thomas and Sproles had vastly different roles in the Saints offense. Not a stretch to think they could co-exist again.

Let's see, I used the initials MM just before I stated "assuming Philly trades up to get him". Are you really that dumb to not understand context clues in relation to the topic of this thread? Or are you just being a dick?

Or both?

Actually I was confused how a RB (PT presumably Pierre Thomas) would be needed to help while a QB (MM presumably Mariota) learns the ropes. So I thought maybe MM was some rookie RB they might draft, or that maybe PT wasn't who I thought.

Pretty sure I even stated I don't follow college football much, so maybe MM was somebody I didn't recognize. Considering the topic of this thread is RB LeSean McCoy I thought maye we were talking about PHI RBs, not the pipe dream of moving up to draft Chip's wonderboy.

But hey, keep on being a dick it goes well with your avatar. Or maybe take the extra 2 seconds to type a frigging name out. But that ain't cool in the twitter world of today, "mst sy mr w/ ls".

I understood PT and MM...in context of it all.

but you actually follow football and pay attention to stuff. Unlike people who post to see themselves post

No doubt. What I find more annoying is the guy took time out from is day to make a point of it. :fool:

In a forum that is lost for new members who actually want to talk football than drama, I would thin the last thing you'd want to do is be an ass for no reason to the new guy? But I guess as you stated, some people post to see themselves post. Probably a big part of the reason this forum sees 20-25 posts a day, when the other place gets that many in 15 minutes. :sad:

You will forever be known as SB to me so I will have to type out the words Super Bowl...thanks a lot.

Having a thick skin and grinding through it all was what made this place awesome in the past. Might not have the volume but there is still serious knowledge dropped here that doesn't get lost.

There is a minor minority here who just......have.......to........type something.

So McCoy got a major payday.

The Maclin deal speaks volumes for Matthews and Ertz in a big way but the Iggles need to fix their defensive secondary....badly.

Let's see how good Chip is....and really, how good can he really be?

I hope so. If there are 6-7 good posters for every 2-3 drama queens, that's a ratio I can live with.

In the meantime, I'll sit here patiently waiting for the Bears to get their heads out of their asses :bag: