[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patrick Willis to retire?

CaptainHook

Is it possible some of these guys are just tired of the NFL and don't like the direction things have gone the last few years? I've heard some fans (including a few here) talk about being turned off by the NFL lately.

Fans can give up on the NFL because they aren't being paid millions to watch. Would be much tougher as a player. It has to be health related. Edited by CaptainHook

Fans can give up on the NFL because they aren't being paid millions to watch. Would be much tougher as a player. It has to be health related.

No doubt easier for fans to give up, but if you played for 5-10 years and were paid well and saved some of it, then stepping away from the idiocy could be an option.

I'm not saying the injury isn't a factor, but you have to admit this retirement seems out of the blue, and on the tails of some strange moves by SF.

I agree - I watched his press conference and was really impressed with him as well. And he said it was his feet that forced him out of the league. That and wanted to play with his kids without the often crippling effects of playing too long.

I agree - I watched his press conference and was really impressed with him as well. And he said it was his feet that forced him out of the league. That and wanted to play with his kids without the often crippling effects of playing too long.

He also seemed extremely at peace with himself during the conference , still after a year off maybe we will see him back ?