[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Thomas to Jacksonville

Wolverines Fan

Bet he's still the 3rd tight end drafted in most leagues after Gronk and Jimmy, but with Bortles and lack of other wideouts to keep defenses from dbl teaming him he'll end up in the 6-8th range production wise for tight ends

Edit: MR6 you think a 7th or 8th rounder qualifies as high risk? I'm thinking he still goes 4th or 5th round and 3rd in some silly leagues with people drafting names

Edited by ShaDynasty

The even greater risk will be after you draft him, when you have to make the sit/start decisions. He will probably still have the occasional 2TD week, but the floor will be far lower with the Bortles tossing it to him.

Edited by BA Baracus

he'll be ok

I am less sure. Seems like a classic case of a receiver playing with an elite QB and then changing teams and underperforming.

I am less sure. Seems like a classic case of a receiver playing with an elite QB and then changing teams and underperforming.

He will never again sniff the numbers he put up with Peyton Manning.

Both of these. Athletic freaks at the TE position are no longer all that uncommon in the NFL. Thomas may have better skills (hands, route-running ability, etc.) than some, or even most, but the reality is that the factor that set him apart from the rest, over the last couple of years, was the guy throwing him the ball. It's not quite that simple (you also have to factor in scheme, the other receiving options surrounding him, etc.), but that's the biggest piece.

I think he'll still have the capability for a big game now and then, but the consistency won't be there like it was with Peyton.

Thomas isn't a guy who gets open and make plays on his own. They had to scheme him open in Denver. It will depend on what the Jags do for him. He could be their de facto #1 leading to a ton of targets.

Do the Jags have the ability to create an offensive scheme?

• Like 1