[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Bears are trying to trade Cutler

Wolverines Fan

How awesome....he's staying.

You thought his body language showed he couldn't care less? Just wait until this year.

Unreal, he just lost Marshall. He still has Jeffery, Bennett, Forte and the rookie Wilson.

How awesome....he's staying.

You thought his body language showed he couldn't care less? Just wait until this year.

Yup. I figured they would end up gutting it out with him this season.

Every time he makes a mistake during a home game, the fans are going to boo the hell out of him.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I think they truly made an effort to move him but the short term effects of the contract are heavy.

This season is also a formality for the Bears...just in a different way.

I would like them to land the names they are talking about...Royal, Rolle, Catherine McPhee......maybe see if Curtis Lofton has gas in the tank.

Draft D and a center, move Long to LT and I will know they are doing some smart moves.

I think they truly made an effort to move him but the short term effects of the contract are heavy.

I would like them to land the names they are talking about...Royal, Rolle, Catherine McPhee......maybe see if Curtis Lofton has gas in the tank.

Draft D and a center, move Long to LT and I will know they are doing some smart moves.

:lol: They had opportunities to go after defensive free agents last year, when they actually had a great offense.... and they didn't pull the trigger. So... now that the offense has taken a giant step back, they're suddenly figuring out they should fix the defense?

It is getting painful to be a Bears fan these days. :(

:nono: but you can have Pernell.

They are apparently seeking 3 magic beans and a seashell in return.

Best offer the received was half of a warm Diet Coke. After serious consideration, they decided to hang onto him for at least another year. Sources says had the Diet Coke been cold the deal would have been done.

• Like 1

Team had more success before Marshall. Different circumstances, certainly better defenses back then. But something to be said about Cutler locking in on Marshall.

While Cutler's time has passed most likely, there really wasn't a better option. Also, easier to replace a WR than a QB. I don't want to throw in a rookie day one and start him. And no real good options on the market. Stuck with him.

I like the Royal signing yesterday. While not a stud by any stretch, Royal has done well opposite a clear #1, which Jeffrey clearly is.

Everyone is focused on the playmakers on offense, but what we really need is some depth and playmakers on defense. Too many times this team was torched by the better offenses in our division. Can't expect to win going .500 or less in the division.

• Like 1

I really like Jeffrey, but there are many who think he is not a true number one wide out, and I'm a little hesistant to label him that too. He has yet to prove that. I don't think he runs the best routes and he isn't necessarily a speed demon. I think he can be a number one but I don't think it's as clear cut as people think. I hope I'm wrong and clearly the Bears think otherwise too. Or maybe they just wanted to unload Marshall (me thinks that). Bears have needed a slot guy like Royal, but now he is going to be number 2? Should be interesting, and I do like him a lot.

I really don't think the Bears are that far off. I might be overly optimistic, but in the NFL, a few good (and lucky) moves can pay off big and flip a team's fortune from one year to the next. If they can get the right people in on defense - and I love the new guy Vic's philosophy - and if the offense can limit turnovers and be more balanced, they will be fine.

Edited by Goopster24

I really don't think the Bears are that far off. I might be overly optimistic, but in the NFL, a few good (and lucky) moves can pay off big and flip a team's fortune from one year to the next. If they can get the right people in on defense - and I love the new guy Vic's philosophy - and if the offense can limit turnovers and be more balanced, they will be fine.

+1

I saw them give up down the stretch, their commitment to the QB spot wavered a bit, and the team generally imploded from November thru December. Much of that is leadership, which was addressed by canning the entire coaching staff and beyond.

Based on what is still on the field, and guys playing with a bit more fire (one would hope under a new coach and new direction), this team could easily be in the hunt come December. They certainly should be in the 9-7 to 11-5 range with the way the team is currently assembled, and what should reasonably be expected of a draft.

Yeah, totally. Team quit on Trestman and staff. And they claimed to be "Lovie" guys which killed me, lol.

Mock drafts have Beasley going to the Bears. Would love that, especially with the 3-4. Again, I want a top level pass rusher back on this team. Need that in this division, heck, in this league now a days.

........ this team could easily be in the hunt come December. They certainly should be in the 9-7 to 11-5 range with the way the team is currently assembled, and what should reasonably be expected of a draft.

Let me just give you a friendly warning: it is going to be a long long season if you truly believe that, because the Bears are not going to even snif 8-8 next season.

Cutler has negative trade value. His contract is guaranteed for $16 million for this year. If he isn't cut before this season, he is guaranteed $10 million for 2016. So if a team wants him, they'll have to pay him $26 million for 2 years. No team will even give a 7th rounder for him. Brees, on the other hand, is worth at least two 1st round picks, if not more. Maybe way more.

You have obviously never received an "Opie trade offer". For him, that was a breakthrough!

• Like 1