[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Graham to Seattle

DMD

NFL.com saying that it's Unger and a 1st-rounder for Graham and a 4th-rounder.

I guess now they have someone to throw to from the one yardline?

• Like 1

So...Josh Hill immediately relevant or is draft pick gonna be used to fill that hole?

(I can't comment on actual trade, not sure I understand it just yet)

Supposedly, graham was an issue in the locker room. I have no link for this though

I think it was a combination of being in salary cap hell and poor interior line play. Unlike most teams where pass protection is more related to stellar offensive tackle play, for Brees it's always been his interior line's play that makes him effective. Unger is a beast when healthy. The problem has been injuries the last two years, which combined with the chance to get a bonafied offensive difference maker made Seattle ok with trading him away.

Soo excited! Graham and Lynch on the same team, the 'Hawks are going to be really exciting to watch this year. I think this negates their need to upgrade significantly at receiver, and addresses their need for a big TE (and how!) all at once.

How do you think it affects his fantasy production? I would think he won't reach the numbers he did two seasons ago, but we should be able to expect more than last year, no?

How do you think it affects his fantasy production? I would think he won't reach the numbers he did two seasons ago, but we should be able to expect more than last year, no?

You're right, he won't put up the monster numbers of two years ago. The Seahawks just don't throw the ball that much and they're not going to fundamentally change their offense even with him. I can, however, see similar numbers to last year but more TD's. He's going to lead the league in red zone targets methinks, and there will still be plenty of TD's left for Lynch to run in. There's going to be a lot more TD's than FG's now.

I woke up stunned by this one. Wonder if the Saints were worried about his previous injuries? Trying to find some sort of explanation for the trade. I just can't...

The injuries may be a part of it. Heard rumblings that he wasn't a great locker room guy, which I could kinda see. This really alleviates a ton of cap space pressure. They get a stud OL (when healthy) and what should equate to a difference maker at #31.