[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WTF is Chip Kelly doing?

CaptainHook

I call shenanigans. No way to prove it - but BS!!!!

If he was offered that and didn't take it he's crazy. Maybe part of the deal was PHI eats the contract ($13M for 2015).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25102729/chip-kelly-offered-a-first-round-pick-for-sam-bradford-no-mariota-trade

Just read this and they mention the Browns having no QB, well I would disagree. They acquired Josh McCown in free agency as a starer, at least short term until they can see if Manziel will learn and be capable. They're not trading a first round pick for Bradford, not very good and a huge bloated salary.

As the article says, Chip is trying inflate Bradfords value.

Unless the Eagles can still move up in the draft, I don't see how they're not stuck with Bradford as their starter. If no one moves up to #5 to take Mariota, John Clayton yesterday said you can put it in the bag. Mariota will be the next QB of the Redskins. They'll take him in a heartbeat.

:rofl: What a colossal mistake on top of one they already made a few years ago. Go ahead, draft another system QB. If they draft Mariota they are led by morons.

Edited by darin3

Kelly just talked to the media. Said he's not guna mortgage the future to draft Mariota. Also said he was offered a 1st round pick for Bradford this morning. Sounds like he plans to start Bradford unless he's not.

bullhonda. If someone wanted to give a 1st for Bradford don't you think they would have offered that deal to the Rams?

Sounds like the Murray thing is going to happen. If so, that means they got rid of McCoy, added Alonso and Murray, and likely still saved money, debilitated their main divisional rival, and themselves got more of the type of runner they wanted (north-south).

Maybe there is a method to Kelly's madness after all. Starting to make a little more sense, at least.

Sounds like the Murray thing is going to happen. If so, that means they got rid of McCoy, added Alonso and Murray, and likely still saved money, debilitated their main divisional rival, and themselves got more of the type of runner they wanted (north-south).

Maybe there is a method to Kelly's madness after all. Starting to make a little more sense, at least.

I wont act like I dont like Murray because I do but he has trouble with fumbles which cost us dearly in Green Bay. He also has health issues as last year was his first complete year I can remember . He also is expendable because he will want big money and I do believe his numbers last year were largely due to that O line. I know he is talented but expect a drop in Philly and we can get someone cheaper and most likely not have an enormous drop off in production at RB. Ill miss him but its smart not to chase and over pay him

• Like 2

I wont act like I dont like Murray because I do but he has trouble with fumbles which cost us dearly in Green Bay. He also has health issues as last year was his first complete year I can remember . He also is expendable because he will want big money and I do believe his numbers last year were largely due to that O line. I know he is talented but expect a drop in Philly and we can get someone cheaper and most likely not have an enormous drop off in production at RB. Ill miss him but its smart not to chase and over pay him

Is $8-9M overpaying for him? Maybe. To get a decent back costs $5-6M (someone better than an aging Gore, Matthews, etc), so the delta there is an additional $2M-3M per year. I think the threat of Murray also made Romo's life a bit easier, so that too is worth paying a bit more for.

If they do need to move on, Spiller would be a nice fit for what the Cowboys do, but he comes with his own injury concerns. They probably end up addressing the need in the draft, which from a pass protection standpoint, wouldn't be good for Romo.

Is $8-9M overpaying for him? Maybe. To get a decent back costs $5-6M (someone better than an aging Gore, Matthews, etc), so the delta there is an additional $2M-3M per year. I think the threat of Murray also made Romo's life a bit easier, so that too is worth paying a bit more for.

If they do need to move on, Spiller would be a nice fit for what the Cowboys do, but he comes with his own injury concerns. They probably end up addressing the need in the draft, which from a pass protection standpoint, wouldn't be good for Romo.

It would be good for Dallas and Murray if he stayed there but I guess it doesnt seem likely. I am sure his replacement in Dallas will do well . Your pass protection point is a good one.

I also assume Dallas makes the switch to ADP if possible

If they are going after Murray, then why did they sign Mathews?

Apparently the Eagles and Matthews have agreed on a deal, but it has not been signed yet. Perhaps they're waiting to see how the Murray situation pans out?

Apparently the Eagles and Matthews have agreed on a deal, but it has not been signed yet. Perhaps they're waiting to see how the Murray situation pans out?

Got it. I didn't know there was a difference between signing and agreeing to a deal. Learn something new every day.

Got it. I didn't know there was a difference between signing and agreeing to a deal. Learn something new every day.

Yep until you read a deal is signed anything can change. I'm reading people on another board making the Murray to PHI sound like a done deal, which is premature.

Yep until you read a deal is signed anything can change. I'm reading people on another board making the Murray to PHI sound like a done deal, which is premature.

Yea they keep talking like it's done. The latest I've seen is: "If today's visit goes well, he will sign"

Yea they keep talking like it's done. The latest I've seen is: "If today's visit goes well, he will sign"

DeMarco Murray - RB - Free Agent

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys believe free agent RB DeMarco Murray is signing with the Eagles.

ESPN Dallas reports there is a "significant difference" in the amount of guaranteed money the Eagles and Cowboys are offering. FOX Sports reports the Eagles' offer could "surprise some people with the amount of guaranteed money in there." The Cowboys never treated Murray like a player who carried their team last season, and now they appear to have sent him to a division rival.

Related: Cowboys, Eagles

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Mar 12 - 1:06 PM

Mehh, better than Gore or Matthews