[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson released

CaptainHook

Oh how excited I was when the Colts traded for you. I thought the Browns had lost their minds. Then I started reading reports of lots of scouts and coaches questioning your vision and intelligence . . . that and the fact the Browns were willing to part with the third pick in the draft after only 17 games . . . lots of red flags.

I have never seen a "power" back that cannot break an arm tackle until I saw you, you pathetic turd. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. Alas, you suck.

Good riddance.

The interesting part will be to see if the two game suspension the Colts gave you for disappearing right before the AFC Championship game is enough to void your $3 million guaranteed contract for this season. Lord knows you did not earn it or deserve it.

Edited by CaptainHook

Who is going to sign this guy? Or does he immediately drop into football obscurity.

Trent, I hoped we had drafted a stud, then you turned into a dud. Then the Colts brillaint front office gifted us a first round pick for you, and what did the Browns do? Turn that into Johnny Manziel :kicksrock::shocking::doh::sick:

Trent Richardson isn't taking his departure from Indianapolis lying down. After two desultory seasons with the Colts, Richardson still sees himself as a star. "I'll be one of the top running backs from here on out," Richardson told Wells Thursday. "They ruled Marshawn Lynch off in his third year. Look at what he's doing now. My next stop, I'll be the starter. I still have my pride and I know who I am."

One of Lynch's former teammates, Matt Hasselbeck, also once made the comparison between Richardson and Lynch. The difference: Marshawn displayed difference-making talent while he was showing a lack of maturity early in his career in Buffalo. Richardson, meanwhile, has the second worst yards-per-carry average for any running back with at least 500 carries since 1979. And he isn't taking much accountability for his troubles. "I'm not saying anything bad about the program, but that program just didn't fit me at all. Me and the GM (Ryan Grigson) didn't see eye to eye. It was a bad marriage for us," Richardson said.

Grigson gave up a first-round pick for Richardson in one of the worst trades of the last 20 years. The team was unhappy with Richardson reportedly being late for team meetings and being overweight. "We had made an agreement where I'd weigh 230 pounds, but it turns out that I was supposed to be 227 pounds and they didn't tell me that," Richardson said. "We've got a list of things we can use against the Colts where I can get my money back. They were fining me for failing to meet conduct code. Not making weight is not conduct code."

Richardson's agent might want to curtail his excuse-making on his way out the door. It's only going to make it harder for Richardson to get another job, much less a starting gig.

from nfl.com

Edited by CaptainHook

INDIANAPOLIS — Running back Trent Richardson was waived by the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday, but the fight over his $3.184 million 2015 salary continues.

Richardson, according to an NFL source,
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/03/13/trent-richardson-nfl-players-union/70276876/' rel="external nofollow">
after he was waived. The news was first reported by Profootballtalk.com.

The team holds the position that the two-game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team levied against Richardson in January voided the guaranteed portion of his contract, as spelled out in the forfeiture language included in his deal.

But Richardson is challenging the decision, perhaps based on the notion that his actions did not rise to the level of conduct detrimental. Richardson missed a team practice and flight to New England the day prior to January's AFC Championship Game, he says, because he rushed his girlfriend to the hospital with pregnancy complications.

The team has not disputed this but told Richardson the suspension was levied because he did not contact team officials in a timely manner to inform them of his whereabouts.

Grievances can be a lengthy process and they are handled privately between the NFL Players Association and the league office, with outcomes decided by a neutral arbitrator.

from usatoday.com
Edited by CaptainHook

All that bickering - you failed twice on two different teams where they gave you the keys to that backfield. Now you're crying cause the system didn't fit you. You're crying cause you got fined for showing up late and being a BBB (big beefy b**ch). Dude - shut up now before you eliminate ANY other team from taking a chance on you.

From ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12476229/trent-richardson-files-grievance-indianapolis-colts

Language in Richardson's contract allowed the Colts to avoid paying the final year of Richardson's rookie contract because he was suspended for two games the day before the AFC Championship Game at New England in January. Richardson was suspended because he failed to notify the team he would be missing a walk-through practice the day before the New England game when his wife was in the hospital for pregnancy complications.

Richardson told ESPN.com that his phone died and that when he finally reached coach Chuck Pagano and offered to fly out to New England on his own or rush to meet the team plane, Pagano told him not to worry about it.

"Nothing would stop me from going to work other than my kids," Richardson said Thursday. "With that, I told Coach the situation. I said I could fly in or try to make the flight. He told me, 'We weren't going to dress you anyway.'"

Richardson also missed making weight 14 times during the season, according to a source.

"We had made an agreement where I'd weigh 230 pounds, but it turns out that I was supposed to be 227 pounds and they didn't tell me that," Richardson said. "We've got a list of things we can use against the Colts where I can get my money back. They were fining me for failing to meet conduct code. Not making weight is not conduct code."

The Colts said they had no comment about Richardson's claim.

after he missed weight and got fined a half dozen times don't you think he would have asked to clarify 230 or 227? Nope, we'll just miss weight 8 more times

Dumb-ass is too kind, he's plain stupid. Take some accountability for your actions

He missed the morning walk through AND then missed the flight to New England for the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. I can understand having a relative at the hospital. But a some point you find a way to send a text, make a phone call, something! He didn't reach anyone until after the Colts had landed in New England when he reached Chuck Pagano by phone.

Let's get real. He knew he wasn't gonna play. Again. He knew he probably wasn't even gonna dress. Again. I think it's more likely that he was just pouting.

If his phone really died I can see that making it very difficult to contact the team. How many of us even know or rememberthe phone numbers of our family members and close friends, let alone your employer. Is he supposed to call 1-800-NFL-COLT??

Of course letting your cell battery die these days is like walking around naked, doesn't everybody carry a charger?