[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that Murray has cut tail and fled to Philly

Cowboyz1

The future of the Cowboys for the remaining Romo years falls in the oft shaky hands and minds of and aging Icon, Jerry Jones and his son Jones Jr. For the next runner in Dallas will prove out the legacies of both their embattled QB seen as redemption in the eyes of some, while proof of his Elite status for others, and the recently resurgent Cowboys. Do they have the answer already on the roster in the second fiddle runners Ryan Willams, Lance Dunbar or dare I say the mentally challenged Randle? I doubt it.

So that leaves some unknown FA yet to be plucked from the ranks of the unemployed, a proven super star in AP or an upstart rookie selected in the draft. AP would fit the kind of splash move that a Jones family would make. However, finding a way to structure a deal to pry AP from the Vikings without giving up a Hershel Walker sized booty and a cap crippling cache of money seems tantalizingly treasonous when you consider the cost of such a move.

Thus leaves the Draft. The one place that could land the Cowboys 5 years of flash and fortune while pushing the team further towards the so coveted Championship rounds of the playoffs and ultimately the SuperBowl. In recent years, the current staff of evaluaters has done a good job drafting talented players. In fact, it seems Jerry has loosened his grip of control and allowed more capable hands and minds to pick and sign players. That said, this 2015 draft will make or break the current Cowboys. For if they can pick the next elite runner in the draft this team can be in the mix for the next few years. The thought of it makes me tingle with thought of having a rookie runner come in and have one of those magical seasons. The guy is there, he is right there. Somewhere in this years draft there is the RB that can make all Cowboys fans dreams come true. Can this current staff find him. For if they do, I can envision a run to the Championship.

So there it is. The 2015 NFL draft may quite possibly determine the success or failure of this Romo led Cowboys team. We will know soon enough but I haven't been so focused on a draft in some time.

Please pick a winner!

Edited by Cowboyz1

As messed up as some of the crap Randle has pulled off the field so far, when he has been handed the ball he has shown flashes...would like to see what he can do with 15-20 touches per game. Might get a glimpse in the pre-season but yeah, have to believe that they pull in either a FA or weather out the draft in the hopes of getting Gurley or Gordon.